+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: 11/2 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Re: 11/2 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Kind of interesting that they announced on Fox News (Sarah Palin was a guest commentator) that Bristol was safe before the show airs here in the west. Oops!
    Warning . . . I have a black belt in Facebook, and I'm not afraid to use it!

FORT Fogey

I think I'll pass on SWTS - unless Evan is one of the judges. I wonder who they will be. If anyone wants to see a steamy movie with Sean Young, rent No Way Out, also starring Kevin Costner. My husband brought it home one night - oh, my!

---Evan is starting the 25th anniversary tour of Stars on Ice in Lake Placid on November 25, and I believe Stars on Ice stars on November 22. I realize he did SOI and DWTS at the same time, but I don't think he'd bother going back and forth just to judge SWS, and I checked his Twitter account on-line, and there's no reference to any involvement with SWS at all.

Of course, there's no reference to SWS on Johnny Weir's Twitter account either, and there's been a persistent, though completely unconfirmed, rumor that he's one of their judges. If he is, he's obviously going to be their Bruno. The only logical choice for a Len equivalent would be Dick Button, but I don't know that Dick would bother--particularly since he just did something similar last season with bigger name skaters and no "stars" (they just put pairs/dance skaters with other pairs/dance or single skaters with whom they had not performed before, and thus no one was flailing around looking stupid--some couples meshed better than others, but they could all skate on an elite level). Honestly, Johnny's so busy, I don't know that he'd bother either, except that he never seems to turn down any opportunity to be front and center. I think it would depend on what other irons he has in the fire and whether he thinks he could use SWS to promote his other projects (which is not a criticism--obviously many people do DWTS to further their careers or promote their agendas too).

Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl;4096883;
    I think she's currently a bit too famous for the show? I mean, I would imagine she's got a ton of stuff in the works. It would be a step down for her at this point?
    No way Eliza is doing DWTS, shes a working actress who has a big fanbase...besides, DWTS doesn't get real celebrities, just people past their glory days, former celebs, reality show personalities and kids of politicians. When they do get big names that person usually wins (I'm thinking Emmitt and Donnie, regardles of who the comp is). Actually, my husband asked me tonight if Taylor Swift would do the show and I laughed out loud...can you imagine how cut and dry a season like that would be? I told him to look for her DWTS debut in about 35 years...

And no one wants the Buffy fans showing up to vote...you think the Bristol fans are over-the-top...this would put them to shame.

I guess I'm confused as to why Bristol would miss her son. I was under the impression that he's there in LA with her. If not, then why not? Her mother is loaded now and could certainly afford to hire a nanny to care for him when Bristol is rehearsing. I guess it just doesn't make sense to me why her son wouldn't be there with her.

I'm happy Rick is gone. Even if it is before Bristol. He was wooden and plastic. This is petty of me, but does anyone know if he has dentures? Those cannot be his real teeth. They are freakishly scary.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by ChelsieFan;4096853;
    Bristol has now taken out 3 better dancers. You've outdone yourself DWTS. And I'm not a big Rick fan either but I feel for him. He should have been safe.
    I called it the other night...no way ABC is letting this girl go before some of the more expendable characters...she is generating tons of drama and that equals ratings.

I give her 1-2 more weeks before ABC is "forced" to let her go because it would become too obvious that the show is rigged and the judges' scores are a load of crap.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I think she's currently a bit too famous for the show? I mean, I would imagine she's got a ton of stuff in the works. It would be a step down for her at this point?
    I've been surprised by some of the celebs they managed to get over the years, so who knows. If she wanted to do it, I think they'd go for it, but hearing some names of those who were rejected by the show surprised me, too. Someone said she's still under contract with FOX, so if that's true, I doubt it'll happen anytime soon.

I guess I'm confused as to why Bristol would miss her son. I was under the impression that he's there in LA with her. If not, then why not? Her mother is loaded now and could certainly afford to hire a nanny to care for him when Bristol is rehearsing. I guess it just doesn't make sense to me why her son wouldn't be there with her.

I'm happy Rick is gone. Even if it is before Bristol. He was wooden and plastic. This is petty of me, but does anyone know if he has dentures? Those cannot be his real teeth. They are freakishly scary.
    My only guess is she's not being able to spend enough time with him, because she's been doing this show (counting training) since August, 7 days a week, for long hours. So it might just be the routine and little things she's missing. I think he's still in LA with her. She was spotted with him a few days ago. I remember towards the end of their DWTS stints, both Jennie and Brooke commented on missing being with their kids so much, and they live right in LA.

Next to Bristol, Rick was the weakest dancer, and totally overrated by the judges/producers. So I'm not considering it a huge loss like Audrina getting booted. He creeped me out, and when he wasn't doing that, I found him boring. The only things I remember about him aren't for the better. I was surprised to see him go tonight over Kyle, as I figured Rick would have a much bigger fanbase.

I'm really torn about Jennifer. I'm tired too of all of her complaining. She says she is hurting so much, then she goes out and nails her dance. My daughter thinks she couldn't do what she does if she was in that much pain. I don't know. Personally, I'm not a fan of her or Brandy. I was hoping Audrina and Tony would make it to the top. At this point, I don't care. I originally thought Rick would be the last guy to leave at #2 or #3. That theory is out the door now! I've always thought Jennifer would win, with Brandy second. I still think that.

Is next week's "instant dance" a first?
    I wonder if the producers were trying to prove a point about her crying about pain when they showed her doing a split. I feel for her, but she's there, she's doing great, she has fainted or gotten injured yet (though I really think Derek should not be grabbing her neck like I saw him do in the paso), is a judges favorite, a huge fan favorite, has a popular pro, and can coast to the finals. I'm hoping Brandy wins, or comes in 3rd, because my heart will break for her (and Maks) if they finish second. The only brightside, assuming Maks were to return after losing again to another Hough, is that Kym lost to both Julianne, then Derek, and finally won. Maks already came in second to Julianne, so maybe coming in second to Derek will get him that stupid mirrorball. I'm enjoying those two more than anyone. I do admire Derek for sticking more to basics in their routines, and not going for the crazy OTT gimmicks and theatrics like he usually does. But for the last few weeks, Brandy/Maks have stole the show for me.

As for the instant dance-yes, that's a first, and hopefully a last for the show. I know in the world of ballroom, I think it's the way they dance; they take to the floor and the music starts playing without them ever hearing it beforehand. Of course, they don't have to worry about our song selections. So for the pros, it'll be a piece of cake. The celebs? I think Brandy and Jennifer will be fine, unless nerves get the best of them. The others I may look away.

Another freakin' theme. Oy. Just let them dance already and be done with it. Too many gimmicks and it's hurting the quality of the dances.

I think Brandy and Maks have a shot to win but getting past the sentimental fave of Jenn won't be easy. I expect judges to start laying in on extra thick again for them this week. If anyone can take them it will be these two. Kurt might also have a shot at finale this season. I don't believe Bristol gets there and not so sure Kyle does either. That could be interesting as many feel Anna was treated unfairly in finale and she and Evan were. They declared Nicole the winner before these two even had their shot. Backlash could happen. I like Anna too.

She's not exactly well known. Had she not been clinging on to Rick on every show he's appeared on in the past month, I would never have known who she was. In person, she looks like Rick's crazed stalker.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

While Rick has not been my favorite on this show, I do think he should have stayed over Bristol.
    Who is voting for this woman, anyway??!!
    She is now free to drag that gangly body of hers across the stage once again!
    L*rd have mercy.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

When Rick/Cheryl were announced as "Still in jeopardy", why did Lacey say "HAHA! and Kyle shout "Thank YOUUUU Brooke"?

+ Reply to Thread