+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: 11/2 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 11/2 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4096868;
    He might have, but the producers didn't want any sympathy garnered towards him. I'm over that edit. I didn't like Nicole's last season when she whined about being an artist. I hate when Maks gets a negative edit so he can be the overbearing "bad boy" (and thank god he got rid of that ponytail and mullet). I hate Mark's mugging and Derek being OTT, but that's what they show us, so that's what we have to go on. I wasn't a Jennifer fan coming in, but am even less of one now. She's not somebody I'd follow after this.

She'd be perfect for Tony. She's also Albanian Eliza's done a bunch of different things. On TV, she was on Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel, Tru Calling, and Dollhouse (both shows cancelled before their time). Movies she was in Wrong Turn and Bring it On (to name a few, she goes back to the early 90s).
    I think she's currently a bit too famous for the show? I mean, I would imagine she's got a ton of stuff in the works. It would be a step down for her at this point?
    " I have a simple outlook-leave every person I meet with a smile on their face."-Donny

Quote Originally Posted by hotlanta babe;4096877;
    I will not split my votes next week. I will vote for the most talented couple that may be on the chopping block.
    I agree. Vote splitting from here on out is not an option...if votes count at all.

If anyone is still there, who was eliminated. Thanks.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by toads2u;4096887;
    If anyone is still there, who was eliminated. Thanks.
    Rick/Cheryl

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;4096880;
    However, even if she got lower scores and yet tremendously high fan votes that still would not help another contestant who had a higher score but just simply didn't have enough fan votes.

Scoring Bristol even a 4 isn't going to help some of the others get more fan votes.

People sound frustrated because others leave while she stays, and granted they dance better, but scoring her lower just very well not be the answer to helping someone else get to stay longer if that person does not get enough fan votes when Bristol does.

Bristol has to take responsibility for her dancing, but does she have to take responsibility when someone else leaves if that person had a higher judges' score than she did but just didn't get enough fan votes?
    I think Bristol will continue to stay even if the judges dig out, and dust off, the "1" paddles for her. She obviously has an enormous number of people voting for her. Can't fault her for that. It's a shame the better dancers don't have similar fan bases. I was thinking last night it would have been a pretty good night of competition if only Audrina had been dancing in Bristol's place. Bristol doesn't even look like she wants to be there any more, if ever. There's no joy on her face when she's dancing.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden;4096861;
    I wonder if she's a little embarrassed to be outlasting people she knows are better dancers than she is (and if she's at all self-aware, she's got to know that she's lasted longer than people who are better than she is). The judges have got to start doing their jobs and stop propping her up while they snap at other contestants who are better than she is. They don't have to be mean in their critiques, but they can be honest and fair.
    I don't think she's embarrassed to continue to stay on the show, she gets paid more money each week she lasts. This is how she makes a living-she gets photo shoots for magazine covers and articles and small tv appearances and now DWTS. Yes, I know she's a "teen advocate" (whatever that means, cause she's not experiencing anywhere near the same hardships other teen unwed mothers have) but, well, she's now 20, so her teen thing's going to have to change. She has had her 6 weeks of fame, received an incredible amount of money, gotten tv exposure and proven she's stiff as a board. Time to go back to Alaska, buy a house with the money you got and raise your son.
    Last edited by dougrayfan; 11-02-2010 at 10:44 PM.
    "Grammar is the bus that carries the words, without it they have to walk, and get very confused on the way." Unknown

"My best friend is a person who will give me a book I have not read." Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;4096880;
    However, even if she got lower scores and yet tremendously high fan votes that still would not help another contestant who had a higher score but just simply didn't have enough fan votes.

Bristol has to take responsibility for her dancing, but does she have to take responsibility when someone else leaves if that person had a higher judges' score than she did but just didn't get enough fan votes?
    I don't think it's Bristol's fault that she's there, and I don't blame that child at all. She wants to go home (I think that's what the confessional was trying to show), but she's being kept in the competition by the frantic voters, the majority of whom are probably voting for her because her mother is asking them to vote. That's the explanation if I buy that the votes count.

If the votes are just a ruse to make us think that we actually have a say when we don't, then, yes, my frustration is at the producers. Every week, maybe excepting her quickstep or waltz (I can't remember), Bristol has been over-scored and praised. The show is capitalizing on her mother's name, her mother's appearances, and Bristol's last name to draw media attention and voter call-ins/online voting. That equals dollar signs for them. If that show wants someone gone, they can work it so that she's gone.

My issue is not with Bristol. It's with the show and its underhanded manner of eliminating stars. If we really knew the process by which people were knocked off, then I'd just accept it. I did vote, I didn't vote for her, and I'm just frustrated that this week is the 3rd week in a row of a better dancer being picked off. Is that cuz Bristol legitimately earned her place there or because the show has maneuvered her into this dark horse position and now she's going nowhere due to the voting campaign behind her?

What is sad is Rick would have loved to stay and Bristol clearly wants out. She never thought she would go this far and has made it abunduntly clear she wants to go back to Alaska and be with her baby. I was hoping she got her wish tonight not just because she deserved to be out but because that is what she wanted and would make her most happy.

Two bad outcomes in a row isn't a great thing for this show. It becomes a mockery when weak ones stay and better ones go week after week.

Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl;4096879;
    BladeRunner.

I remember her being in No Way Out with Kevin Costner & she was also arrested for stalking James Woods I think???

Quote Originally Posted by dougrayfan;4096890;
    I don't think she's embarrassed to continue to stay on the show, she gets paid more money each week she lasts. This is how she makes a living-she gets photo shoots for magazine covers and articles and small tv appearances and now DWTS. Yes, I know she's a "teen advocate" (whatever that means, cause she's not experiencing anywhere near the same hardships other teen unwed mothers have) but, well, she's now 20, so her teen thing's going to have to change. But, getting back to the show-she has had her 6 weeks of fame, received an incredible amount of money, gotten tv exposure and proven she's stiff as a board. Time to go back to Alaska, buy a house with the money you got and raise your son.
    She is an advocate for promoting abstinence for teens. She herself is no longer a teen. She works with a home for unwed teenage mothers and is actually pretty well thought of for the work she does. She goes to schools and gives talks about it too. That makes her a "teen activist." A lot of young girls are voting for her because she went on the show with no fame and no experience, seeming so out of place, and tried to give it all she could. That may or may not be right, but the girls I know who are around her age vote for her. They also voted for Audrina and Mike.

I think I'll pass on SWTS - unless Evan is one of the judges. I wonder who they will be. If anyone wants to see a steamy movie with Sean Young, rent No Way Out, also starring Kevin Costner. My husband brought it home one night - oh, my!

I'm really torn about Jennifer. I'm tired too of all of her complaining. She says she is hurting so much, then she goes out and nails her dance. My daughter thinks she couldn't do what she does if she was in that much pain. I don't know. Personally, I'm not a fan of her or Brandy. I was hoping Audrina and Tony would make it to the top. At this point, I don't care. I originally thought Rick would be the last guy to leave at #2 or #3. That theory is out the door now! I've always thought Jennifer would win, with Brandy second. I still think that.

Is next week's "instant dance" a first?
    Stay tuned for "Dancing with the Dancers"!

+ Reply to Thread