+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: 11/1 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Regular

Re: 11/1 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2;4095900;
    I know they showed Kristi and Apollo picking the teams but I'm still having a hard time believing they actually chose the teams they had....
    I think Kristi would have chosen Brandy & Maks, but felt obligated to chose Bristol & Mark -- not for Bristol's dancing, but because Mark was once her partner.

Apolo had an simpler time choosing his team, since Julianne isn't on the show anymore. He could just focus on picking the best celeb dancers.

Quote Originally Posted by Valancy;4096045;
    I think Kristi would have chosen Brandy & Maks, but felt obligated to chose Bristol & Mark -- not for Bristol's dancing, but because Mark was once her partner.

Apolo had an simpler time choosing his team, since Julianne isn't on the show anymore. He could just focus on picking the best celeb dancers.
    She could have picked Maks and Brandy. Bristol and Mark would have still been there to take with her second pick. I don't think there's any chance Apolo would have wanted them.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;4096055;
    She could have picked Maks and Brandy. Bristol and Mark would have still been there to take with her second pick. I don't think there's any chance Apolo would have wanted them.
    I, too, am STILL trying to figure out her logic with that pick. Literally the only thing I have come up with is that the producers assigned the teams and made it look like a gym class team selection on tv.

Quote Originally Posted by veg_out;4095998;
    Are you just drooling over Maks' sheer gorgeous factor or did he do something extra drool worthy tonight ? I have no TV at the moment. I NEED details
    Both Veg, both. He just was fabulous tonight, the dance was amazing. And he looked so dang Hot in his black suit/red tie. I could watch him walk in circles and he'd be totally sexy. He just breathes gorgeous and sexy. We also got to see a lot of his personality show tonight-between the Tom butt pinching (he took over from Mel B who said, and Tom too, she was the first to do it). At the end Tom gave him the final lines for the lead in to Castle.
    "Grammar is the bus that carries the words, without it they have to walk, and get very confused on the way." Unknown

"My best friend is a person who will give me a book I have not read." Abraham Lincoln

I am just watching now and gotta say with my first glance of Rick in green, with the hat and big grin....he reminded me of Jim Carrey in the Mask...made me laugh!

Jenn was best tonight and was underscored. She deserved to be in 1st. Brandy should have been a close 2nd. Rick was overscored and Bristol was a tad too high as well even though she is still in last place. Kurt was improved and I really enjoyed Kyle as well. Should be Bristol but I think it will be Kurt or Kyle.

Well, except for a few moments, tonights show was underwhelming. I loved the opening pro number (I've SO got to get a big screen TV) and Maks of course. I enjoyed seeing the past contestants in the audience. The guest judges, I could do without-it didn't add anything other than getting them some screen time. The rerun of the performances the current contestants were emulating was dull-they showed that last week and I didn't like it then-I think it takes the spotlight away from this season's contestants, this is their show, not the former contestants'. I think a change to the show would be a season where all of the celebreties have dance experience and the challenge isn't to teach them to dance but to get them to competition level and then have real ballroom judges judge them every week. They could return to this (getting boring) format the following season. I have to say, it's really getting difficult to dedicate 2hours every Monday to this show. Down to 6 contestants, this could have been done in 60 minutes, not 120+.

I've also split my votes for the first time, half to Maks and his partner (OK, I konw her name is Brandy but he's the one I watch) and the other half to Kurt/Anna. I don't want either to leave before some others-so they each got 72 votes from me. Yup-I've registered pretty much everyone I know and I vote for them (with their permission, of course). Tonight I started very late and only got in 144 votes, I could have gotten in nearly twice that if I'd gotten back sooner. Now my secret is out.
    "Grammar is the bus that carries the words, without it they have to walk, and get very confused on the way." Unknown

"My best friend is a person who will give me a book I have not read." Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;4096055;
    I agree that Kristi could have gotten them with her second pick, but I imagine not picking Mark first might appear to be a slap in the face to him, and I think she values her relationship with him more than she does winning this hollow team competition that everyone will forget about by next week. And even though picking Jennifer and Derek first was a no-brainer for Apolo under any circumstances, it also coincided with picking the brother of his former partner.

Interesting that they didn't do the team immunity thing. I wonder if it was planned, and then the producers thought better of it when they realized all the backlash it might cause. As it was, having the guest judges there was unfair enough, as each had their own idea of how to score, and clearly, some benefitted from it (Kyle, Kurt, Rick) while some were penalized by it (Brandy). If she ends up going home in a very close vote (which I think is highly possible), I hope the controversy blows up in the show's face.

FORT Fogey

Did we really have to have three of the six dance to a Cheryl number? They could not pull anything else out to dance to. All the celebrities were there. What a crock.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I gave my votes to Brandy and Kurt. I love them both and of course, Maks is my eye candy and Anna's the only female pro left that I like (and am glad she's not so underrated by producers anymore). The guest judges/using past dance themes wasn't a disaster, but I didn't see the point. I'm glad there was no 'when I did it...' but maybe even the producers knew better. I'll never give up an opportunity to see Gilles, and will always welcome back Emmitt, Drew, Mel, and Kelly (Helio I can do without). But it just seemed pointless. 200 doesn't seem like as much of a milestone as 100 or 300

Something about Jennifer bugs me. Part of me feels like she's putting on a big act, another part says she expected to come in with a bang and things aren't going to plan. She looked drained tonight and seemed to keep rambling on to where even Derek looked confused. She's not a ringer, but is far ahead of everyone left not named Brandy. I did enjoy her tango, even more than Drew when he danced to that song. It's probably been my favorite dance of hers all season, and I think she's come a long way. I hope she doesn't let the pressure get to her. She might get more out of this experience and exposure than a tacky mirrorball trophy.

Brandy/Maks deserved more than 1 10. I didn't see a mistake, so I'll have to go back and look. But that dance was hot. It wasn't a memorable dance of Gilles, but probably a good one to go with since most of his dances were off the charts. Giving them his paso, AT, or even samba song would have been a mess. I liked Len bringing up the others dinging them for something minor. I'd like to think they'd take the whole routine into consideration, but I think Len has taken points off for mistakes before, just like the other two haven't. I'm sure tonight's scoring was no accident.

Kurt did so much better. I'm hoping he makes it through. I gave him half my votes because I think he's more deserving to stick around than the overhyped, can't dance as good Rick. I just don't get the fascination with him. His best dance? I don't know. I'm glad I'm not alone, because I'd really wonder what I'm not seeing. If I don't care for a celeb, I can at least get where the judges are coming from, even if I think they might go overboard. But with Rick? I don't get it. I did find his video package funny when Eliza came in and he picked her up and danced across the floor. Would make more sense for Cheryl to do it that way.

Kyle had a tough challenge dancing to Free Your Mind and rose to the occasion. I can't say his dancing had improved that much, but he looked better than last week. I'm back and forth on him. He's at the point where he doesn't do anything for me, personality wise. And I think he'll get left in the dust when it comes down to being up against better dancers (or Rick). But he's done better than I would have expected. Right now I'm hoping he outlasts Bristol and Rick. And speaking of Bristol, I hope she's gone tomorrow. She's a sweet kid, she did better than expected, but her dancing is the worst of anyone left. She's proved her point, she's made it halfway, and I'm hoping she goes out like this rather than outlasting better dancers and making it to the finals. But, if the producers want her to stay in to keep ratings, that's exactly where she'll be. I would have thought people who tuned in for her would be bored by now. They can still vote without watching.

Team dances were probably one of the better versions, but I don't see why they needed Kristi or Apolo (who I also don't object to ever having back). Both sides seemed to have fun, but something about Team Apolo's energy felt different. I enjoyed their choreography a bit more. But I cringe whenever I see Mark dance to Michael Jackson anymore. Both sides did a really good job. If Bristol doesn't go tomorrow, sadly I think it's Kurt.
    Last edited by karalott; 11-01-2010 at 11:54 PM.

+ Reply to Thread