+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: 10/26 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 10/26 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by mindy384;4092211;
    EXACTLY! I was not voting for Gilles that season so I consider myself an objective source and EVERYTHING pointed to a Gilles victory. He led in all the polls, everyone I talked to, online surveys, had Cheryl, dial idol, a majority on fort--I would have put a lot of money on him having it in the bag. Even though I never gave him my votes he was the best contender both technically and artistically and I think most women (who make up the majority of voters) LOVED him. He is just one example of how I think numbers have been skewed to produce different results.
    The only thing that I don't understand regarding this theory is WHY?? I actually thought that Gilles winning would be the favored result of ABC, considering they had already cast him on one of their shows (Brothers and Sisters) and the extra publicity couldn't hurt. The past 2 seasons had a female winner, so I would have thought they would have preferred a male winning that time. I'm not sure why they would fix things to make Shawn win, and what benefit they got from it, even if that is what happened.

I always suspected that, like Apolo, Shawn came into the show with a huge Olympics fan base and was kind of unbeatable from the start, although Gilles came pretty close.

The show is a popularity contest, pure and simple.
    How good dancers ever win it is totally beyond me. I think that, as on AI, is helped by the judges who will try to point out better abled dancers to the viewers.
    But, in the end, the voting boils down to the viewers and not to the machinations of a TV show.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4091740;
    As far as Kyle, I happen to find him very entertaining and a lot of fun to watch. I don't think he's the greatest dancer ever, but his enthusiasm makes up for a lot
    My favorite shot last night was the replay of CA saying to Kurt that his performance wasn't "polished" followed by all the judges giving him a 6, and then they switched to the glass enclosed room where the others were waiting, and Kyle, who was sitting on the floor, began booing. All of a sudden you see Lacey's yellow sandal giving Kyle a swift kick to his side to quiet him down.
    I don't care for Kyle's dancing but I do like his exuberance and the way he drives Lacey crazy hiding his fav pizzas around their practice room. I am hoping it comes down to Brandy, Jennifer and Kyle, just to add a little fun.

I happen to like Kyle, as well. He's not the best dancer, but I love the enthusiasm and zest he brings to his dancing.
    THis is an entertainment show, after all, and he brings that aspect, for me.
    I have no problem with him staying.

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4092302;
    The show is a popularity contest, pure and simple.
    How good dancers ever win it is totally beyond me. I think that, as on AI, is helped by the judges who will try to point out better abled dancers to the viewers.
    But, in the end, the voting boils down to the viewers and not to the machinations of a TV show.
    I want to sit with you; we agree on almost everything about this show
    I really don't think it's "fixed"...why would it be? And, I hate to say it but I always question the conspiracy theories...WHY would they "want' Audrina gone so badly? WHY would it be "fixed" so Jennifer wins? WHO would be in on these decisions, and HOW has it happened that they have never gotten peeved, blown the whistle and provided evidence to ET or something? IF there were actually letters sent out urging voters to call for a certain dancer--where would they get the names, HOW would the recipient know which number to call without watching the show, WHY didn't I get a letter, and WHO paid for all that mailing?
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

QueenB,

You are always more than welcome to sit with me.
    I know our cats would get along famously, too.

You mean you are not SCARED of BooBoo right now...darn cheap costume...
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;4092368;
    You mean you are not SCARED of BooBoo right now...darn cheap costume...
    OMG. I was so used to the other pic that I didn't even notice it.
    I asked Monet to take a look and he was definitely spooked.

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;4092363;
    I want to sit with you; we agree on almost everything about this show
    I really don't think it's "fixed"...why would it be? And, I hate to say it but I always question the conspiracy theories...WHY would they "want' Audrina gone so badly? WHY would it be "fixed" so Jennifer wins? WHO would be in on these decisions, and HOW has it happened that they have never gotten peeved, blown the whistle and provided evidence to ET or something? IF there were actually letters sent out urging voters to call for a certain dancer--where would they get the names, HOW would the recipient know which number to call without watching the show, WHY didn't I get a letter, and WHO paid for all that mailing?
    I can explain the mailing to you but it's all rather moot since Sarah Palin has gone beyond that by telling her millions of Twitter followers that she is voting for her daughter on DWTS and posted the phone number to call. She deleted that after I posted it here last week. Strange....

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I don't really see the big deal in Sarah asking her fans to vote for her daughter Whether someone mailed out letters on her behalf, or if she was behind it, or is asking people on twitter, I don't see the harm. I don't think she'd need to ask since people would probably be inclined to vote for Bristol because of Sarah anyway. As for people tuning in just for Bristol or to get a glimpse of Sarah, I know people who tune in and out of this show depending who is cast. My co-worker who was rooting for Audrina will still watch just for me, but if it weren't for that, she'd be out this season. She's one of those that needs someone on that she likes to tune in. If it's true about how the team dances are going down next week, I smell Bristol's swan song coming. How convenient, too, with Election Day.

+ Reply to Thread