+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: 10/26 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 10/26 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;4091919;
    The judges shouldn't act so shocked about who gets eliminated, as fairly often I think they have a lot to do with that because of their comments. They came down hard on Audrina (especially Len) for not getting into character, and she gets eliminated. They praised Bristol, and she gets to stay. Of course, they criticized Kurt pretty soundly and so far he's still there ... but many times I've noticed that a better dancer gets eliminated after a judge's scolding, while the lesser dancer who is praised for improvement stays.
    I believe Kurt's low scores and the harsh criticism from the judges pulled votes away from Audrina and went to him. It's unfortunate and now that Jennifer was 'not necessarily' in the B2 (who really thought she was in jeopardy?? not me) Audrina's small number of votes will likely go her way.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by Oceansands;4091852;

I totally disagree with you. If the show is not fixed why don't they show the number of viewer votes? They say along with judges scores & viewer votes but never show viewer votes. If they actually use viewer votes what's wrong with showing that number combined with the judges score? Simple - it's fixed.
    This show is so fixed that in season 8 when Gilles was ahead of Shawn in fan votes/scoring - they decided to 'clean' the numbers so that Shawn won by a small margin.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;4091965;
    This show is so fixed that in season 8 when Gilles was ahead of Shawn in fan votes/scoring - they decided to 'clean' the numbers so that Shawn won by a small margin.
    As part of the fans who make up 1/2 of the total combination of the scores, I would appreciate affirmation of the results by an independent accounting firm.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;4091962;
    I believe Kurt's low scores and the harsh criticism from the judges pulled votes away from Audrina and went to him. It's unfortunate and now that Jennifer was 'not necessarily' in the B2 (who really thought she was in jeopardy?? not me) Audrina's small number of votes will likely go her way.
    I agree with Kurt's low scores and harsh criticism pulling votes away from Audrina. Kurt's dance was not as bad as they made it out to be, and that combined with the low scores made people felt bad for him.

I was an avid Audrina fan but I will not be voting for Jennifer now. I am sick of hearing about her neck and watching her fall on the floor. I will not be voting for Brandy either as she rubs me the wrong way. It really irritated me last night when she said something to the effect of: I know everyone wants to win but NOBODY wants to win more than I do. She has always and will always have to be #1. In her mind.

I think that the producers do many things to sway our votes. I don't think it's all because of the judges comments. I don't think they wanted Audrina to stay and they did things like not showing her as much in clips (last night when the contestants were saying how much they wanted to win for example) and OMG Brooke doesn't help any either. She definately shows favoritism.

mkp
    FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4091742;
    True, I can't tell how big Jennifer's fanbase is, but I'm guessing it might be the biggest, or one of them. She's got Derek, likely the most popular pro on the show, .
    I think the most popular pro on the show is Maksim.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaplan;4092056;
    and OMG Brooke doesn't help any either. She definately shows favoritism.
    OMG - it's so blatant, eve Helen Keller can see it .............and hear it.

mkp
    FORT Newbie

I think it was very unfair that Audrina went home last night. I was so sure Kurt was going home.

Every season of DWTS, everyone complains about how unfair this show is - but that is just the way it is. It has never been about who can dance better. Everyone remembers when Sabrina Bryan went home so early, and Maks and Mel B. were robbed of the trophy. And there are countless other examples.

Of those good dancers who DID win (like Krisiti Yamachuchi (sp) or Nicole from last season), people then complain that the person has had dancing experience and should not win and that people with previous dance experience should not even be allowed on the show.

The things is, you can't please everyone. What I love about this show is the fact that there is so much tension - with the Judges and their stupid comments and the incompetent dancers and their fan bases, etc. We are now down to the final six couples - and things are getting interesting!

It can be a frustrating ride -a nail biting ride - but it's a great ride!

I'm not sure if there is a way to be fair about which people are cast for this show - the only requirement is to be a 'star' and that's a broad definition - from reality stars (that started with Trista Rhen) to political stars, to has been movie and tv stars, to singers/dancers.

I've always believed that they want the mix - they want the Steve O's, they want the middle of the road dancers, and they want the (semi) ringers.

In the end, it's an entertainment show that wants to make money - so there will always be relevant/controversial/non-relevant fame whores on this show.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by J.D.;4091594;
    I was only watching for Audrina. I thought she improved by leaps and bounds from day one. I'm thinking I'll tap out for the rest of the season. I don't care for or about any of the remaining "stars". Meh.
    When I saw the results, I immediately grabbed my remote and removed DWTS from the DVR schedule. I am an "elderly" Hills fan (thanks to my son), so I did know who Audrina was beforehand. I have to admit that I was a little skeptical as to how she might do, but I have been so impressed with her skills and attitude. For her to leave and others, "cough,Bristol,cough" remain, is just all kinds of wrong. I'm through with the season, and I could care less who wins, now!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;4091965;
    EXACTLY! I was not voting for Gilles that season so I consider myself an objective source and EVERYTHING pointed to a Gilles victory. He led in all the polls, everyone I talked to, online surveys, had Cheryl, dial idol, a majority on fort--I would have put a lot of money on him having it in the bag. Even though I never gave him my votes he was the best contender both technically and artistically and I think most women (who make up the majority of voters) LOVED him. He is just one example of how I think numbers have been skewed to produce different results.

+ Reply to Thread