+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: 10/26 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: 10/26 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I worried about Audrina's fanbase. I threw one vote Kurt's way, and split the rest between Audrina and Brandy. I felt Audrina might have a rebound and more staying power. I'm not sorry Kurt is still there, though, as I adore him. But not with the goatee. Though I wasn't an avid viewer of The Hills, I knew of people from that show, but she wasn't one whose name I knew and likely wouldn't recognize at first glance like some others. I was hoping maybe she gained fans after the first week, because she certainly impressed me. I had friends and co-workers tuning in just to see her, and people posting here seemed excited. So I went in with that on my mind and she won me over. I was especially excited for Tony, because he looked happier than I've seen him in a long time. Audrina was his best chance to win, I'd say since Stacey Keibler (and I don't forget Melissa, but she wasn't coming in over Gilles or Shawn). Audrina was fabulous, worked hard, improved, and really wanted this, and I felt the judges went overboard in looking for mistakes and lifts to dock her on. Tony gave impressive choreography and routines that were chock full of it.

True, I can't tell how big Jennifer's fanbase is, but I'm guessing it might be the biggest, or one of them. She's got Derek, likely the most popular pro on the show, an obvious judges favorite, she's an oddsmakers favorite to win, and many people seemed excited to have her onboard. Those that aren't fans seem like me, who didn't care for her coming in. I still don't like her, but I'm finding her (like pretty much everyone left) boring. I'm glad Derek toned down the hamming and mugging. Too bad Mark won't take a cue.

I do blame the show and judges in part. I agree that Audrina isn't as well known as the others and that her fanbase could be smaller due to that. What I don't like is she was the only one prior to tonight that had never been "in jeopardy" or the bottom. The only one. Grey was twice. Rick twice, and Brandy once and they would round out the Top 4. Audrina was 2nd on the night and had scores similiar to what she has in the past. There is no way she hasn't been low before and the show never put her "in jeopardy" or the bottom to try and build her fanbase or boost her votes. They wanted her out or they would have done that for her just like they have for Rick a few times and even Grey a few times now and I can't imagine either are even close to bottom in votes.

Maks sent out a tweet saying WOW and that America really got it wrong and how bad he felt for them. Said he knew how much Tony loved working with Audrina and a sorry bro to him. That was nice. I'm sure pros and celebs don't like seeing better ones go either. Nice to see the support.

FORT Fogey

I think that Audrina left partially because of Tony and his fanbase as well. Tony has never been given the praises by the judges, even when he deserved it. They beat he and Audrina up week after week, but had positives to say along with negatives to everyone else.

I would love to see Edyta, Alec, Tony, Anna, and Johnathon go to another network and get a dancing show. I am sick of Derek and Mark taking over the show.

The only way I see to save me wanting to watch this show anymore is for new judges to be implemented. Len can stay the other two are horrid. Also, why not switch pros each week. Have a pool of male and female pros and the stars choose a new one randomly out of a hat each week. That would stop voting blocks for the pro only or at least make the block voting pass from star to star. They do it on SYTYCD so changing partners is a fair offer.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ChelsieFan;4091747;
    Maks sent out a tweet saying WOW and that America really got it wrong and how bad he felt for them. Said he knew how much Tony loved working with Audrina and a sorry bro to him. That was nice. I'm sure pros and celebs don't like seeing better ones go either. Nice to see the support.
    Tony is a compassionate caring man, and he has not been given much time to shine. Like he looks to me I feel the fun has been sucked out of the show. It is not about entertainment anymore, it is about ratings, and anyone can be bulldozed to get them. It is really sad because I have the first season on tape, and it really was good.

I was just watching some clips of Season 1 with John and Charlotte.... wow! THe music was actually the RIGHT music, the dancing less flash and gimmick....
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Mindy384: At the end of the day I am still not convinced our votes really matter--there have been several eliminations and wins from this show that I find quite questionable...and when the jedges have the final say in random scores (like last year's finale, immediately following Len's comments saying Nicole was the champion) it seems even more apparent that tptb are really controlling the outcome. ho hum.

Agree.

Originally Posted by VAgirl79
    Rick winning would be the most comical thing I've seen in awhile. There would be no logical explanation for that. I too do not get the "He's so gorgeous!" comments. He looks kinda... smarmy to me, I guess is the best way to put it.

Smarmy is a great word to describe Rick. I do believe CA and Bruno are the two judges that find him gorgeous, CA's over the top slobbering over the guy makes me barf.

MHcarrollton: I think that Audrina left partially because of Tony and his fanbase as well. Tony has never been given the praises by the judges, even when he deserved it. They beat he and Audrina up week after week, but had positives to say along with negatives to everyone else.

I would love to see Edyta, Alec, Tony, Anna, and Johnathon go to another network and get a dancing show. I am sick of Derek and Mark taking over the show.

The only way I see to save me wanting to watch this show anymore is for new judges to be implemented. Len can stay the other two are horrid. Also, why not switch pros each week. Have a pool of male and female pros and the stars choose a new one randomly out of a hat each week. That would stop voting blocks for the pro only or at least make the block voting pass from star to star. They do it on SYTYCD so changing partners is a fair offer.

MHcarrollton, I agree with just about everything you say. DWTS talked about bringing back former pros and stars. I seriously doubt (two of my favorites) Edyta and Alec will show up. Edyta quit the show because of the way they treated Alec. Your comment about Derek and Mark taking over the show, I agree, however, Derek is the best male pro on the show and up until this year the most immature, other than Mark. He seems to have calmed down from his silliness. Mark is just a big show off, I can't stand Mark or his father. What's up with Mark's constant kissing Bristol? Guess that's the only way he can get attention. She doesn't act like she is overly fond of his lips planted all over her face. I think she is a pleasant girl trying not to make waves. Audrina did not deserve to leave before Bristol, Kyle, Kurt or Rick. I love Tony he seems like a great person but don't think the judges like him. Can't imagine why, unless, maybe they do like him and figure it's easier to eliminate his partner than some of the other pros. Tony sure gets stuck with some duzzies. The show wants ratings and will keep who they think will bring the most viewers. Don't think they care if the most popular can dance or not. This show is starting to suck! I like Bristol, Kyle & Kurt but they don't deserve to stay over better dancers. I just don't like Rick don't care if he goes next. I'm sure CT will keep him as long as possible.

norealityhere: I do know, though, that whether we want to believe it or not, this show is not fixed.

I totally disagree with you. If the show is not fixed why don't they show the number of viewer votes? They say along with judges scores & viewer votes but never show viewer votes. If they actually use viewer votes what's wrong with showing that number combined with the judges score? Simple - it's fixed.

I don't think that in early seasons it was fixed. These last few though has me scratching my head and seriously wondering. IMO, the last season they aired that wasn't fixed was Apollo's. Ok, maybe not completely fixed, but at the very least, tampered with.

I didn't watch last season and only tuned in this season because of several of the stars. I'm thinking I had it right last season.

And Oceansands, they can't show us the viewer votes. Simply because they couldn't choose who they put to stand up there in faux bottom three. They couldn't put people like Jennifer there to drum up more votes for them...lol
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

FORT Fogey

The judges shouldn't act so shocked about who gets eliminated, as fairly often I think they have a lot to do with that because of their comments. They came down hard on Audrina (especially Len) for not getting into character, and she gets eliminated. They praised Bristol, and she gets to stay. Of course, they criticized Kurt pretty soundly and so far he's still there ... but many times I've noticed that a better dancer gets eliminated after a judge's scolding, while the lesser dancer who is praised for improvement stays.

Thanks, norealityhere..I didn't want to be the one to have to point that out. But, I don't find him "hot" at all either. He and his dancing are just forgettable to me. Well, my streak of correct 'who leaves' picks is over! I admit it was easy until now, but thought it should have been Rick or Bristol this time. I had no idea who Audrina was before this show (actually, still don't know anything about her show) but thought she was one of the better dancers. However, I don't think Tony asked her to "do" enough the last couple of weeks, so her vapid expression was more noticeable. Still, she should have stayed. I was hoping for her to be in the finals. Now, I hope Brandy wins. I'd like to see a final of her, Kyle, and Jennifer.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

+ Reply to Thread