+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: 10/25 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 10/25 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I'm kind of bored with this season, and I agree with most of the comments already posted. So instead I'll comment on who we saw in the audience:

Erin!!! YAY! I noticed Brandy ran over and hugged her at the end of the dance.

Martha Stewart???

Melanie Griffith sitting next to Jamie Lee Curtis. And did you notice Jamie's reaction when they took Derek/Jennifer out of the marathon dance before Maks/Brandy? She looked surprised to me.

The high point of the night for me was seeing Gilles and Cheryl's dance again!
    Stay tuned for "Dancing with the Dancers"!

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Beachmom;4090781;
    I'm kind of bored with this season, and I agree with most of the comments already posted. So instead I'll comment on who we saw in the audience:

Erin!!! YAY! I noticed Brandy ran over and hugged her at the end of the dance.

Martha Stewart???

Melanie Griffith sitting next to Jamie Lee Curtis. And did you notice Jamie's reaction when they took Derek/Jennifer out of the marathon dance before Maks/Brandy? She looked surprised to me.

The high point of the night for me was seeing Gilles and Cheryl's dance again!
    is maks dating erin or are they just friends.... it was nice seeing her again!!

Quote Originally Posted by cyn2much;4090785;
    is maks dating erin or are they just friends.... it was nice seeing her again!!
    I came on here hoping to get an update on Maks and Erin too I found their "relationship" last season better than many of the past few seasons of the Bach!! This season lacks "sparks" between any of the couples IMO
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

I didn't think the dance marathon was all that exciting. I would have much preferred if everyone had to do the same steps and then we could judge them more evenly. Otherwise, it just turns into a freestyle. That just wasn't that much fun for me.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Last I heard, Maks/Erin are just friends and not dating, nor did they ever. She's been a big cheerleader to Maks on his twitter this season. Watching the top 10 dances, and seeing Gilles, Apolo, Drew, makes me realize how bad this season is. No dance would ever come close to making the top 10 for me. Top 10 horrors, sure, but not the top 10 best. I was surprised by some of the choices. I can't remember all the dances that were listed, but I would have had Gilles paso on there (bias aside, that was hot). Shawn's freestyle I never got, and frankly thought it was another edition of of the Mark show. What I loved about Drew's freestyle, and am so happy a dance from that long ago came in first, was how simple it was. It was a freestyle, so I can't say no gimmicks, but it was about the dance and the character, not a pro outdancing his partner, or climbing in the judges desk and shaking your tush, or just doing a bunch of clapping and taking half the routine to get started. Same goes for both Apolo's dances and Gilles. That's what I miss about DWTS. When it was good, cheesy fun, more about dancing then gimmicks and stupid themes. And can we get rid of the marathon dance already? It was pointless, with Maks carrying Brandy around, Derek doing flips and leaving Jennifer in the spotlight alone, and Kyle doing some weird jig.

I didn't see Melanie Griffith, but there was an article saying she's wanted to do the show and keeps getting turned down. Maybe the show will have a change of heart I'd consider her a bigger star than most people cast, even this season. And after so many seasons of sitting in the audience, it finally worked for Florence.

Back to this season, the way the judges go on and on about Rick, sometimes it feels like I missed his whole performance. I just don't get it. I find him boring, forgettable, and more of a bad dancer each week. A good couple of weeks at the start, but now, he's dull. I'd rather see Kurt make it over him. I wish the judges were a little less harsh towards him and Audrina. Brandy ruled the night, and earned it. I don't know what was up with Jennifer/Derek. Maybe they aren't over their spat and Derek was trying to get away from her. Watching them was odd. Kyle did do better than I want to admit, a lot better than his foxtrot, but like Bristol, I find his closed hold dances better than doing his own thing on the floor. Bristol was miles better than last week. But I still think the judges laid it on thick. She had a bad week but brought it on herself. And I feel like the air guitar was a finger to the show, especially saying she wouldn't get in trouble. Mark, I hope he takes next season off to go play his guitar somewhere else. Maybe he can go audition for The X Factor.
    Last edited by karalott; 10-26-2010 at 02:38 AM.

Rick score was entirely too high. Grey did stumble but I expect her to be 100% along unfortunately with Bristol. Brandy and Audrina should be safe but I worry about Audrina who judges nitpick to no end. She should have at least come in 2nd in marathon but she doesn't fit their agenda. I think Kurt could be saved by his low scores because sometimes that makes fans vote even more. Couldd be Kyle even though it should still be Bristol on th whole. The men aren't as impressive as the top women this season but it's clear Rick is the male they want in it most. Maybe they want to play up 2 pros going for their 3rd. I don't think Mark gets there to vie as well. My guess is Bristol goes next week which would be ironic as it's ED.

FORT Regular

I seem to be one of the few people who is actually enjoying this season, though I wasn't sure I would. The show is trying to get more creative to keep viewers, and sometimes it works... sometimes not-so-much. I'm no pro judge or dancer, but I have to wonder who piddled in the judges cheerios this morning? I liked Kurt's dance and I really feel for Anna. I also didn't think Jennifer deserved such low scores, even though I wouldn't mind seeing Derek get the boot and letting other teams like Kurt/Anna, Maks/Brandy and Tony/Audrina have an actual shot at the trophy. We all know DH is an AMAZING dancer and choreographer and the stuff he can get his dancers to do is off the hook. But it gets old after a while, seeing him get good dancers and scoring well every single week. I'm still not over the whole Nicole thing. LOL

But honestly I don't know what miffed the judges tonight with Kurt and Jen, and I sincerely enjoyed Bristol tonight. She really seemed to "get it" and she had it all together. I guess I'm just not as critical and easier to please/entertain than most. Ultimately, I'm rooting for Maks and Brandy or Aud and Tony. Just as long as Derek doesn't win AGAIN, I'll be happy.

The three dances I voted for made the top 10!!! Mel/Maks, Apolo/Julianne (Samba) and Cheryl/Drew. I'm happy.

Jennifer was a train wreck tonight and did Derek fall at the end? Sure looked like it. Tony is great but he really needs to give Audrina a dance with some meat in it. It just felt too slow and too safe. I loved Kurt's dance. I thought it was great. Bristol did really well tonight. Maks and Brandy were terrific. I'm over Brooke, but at least she doesn't flub her lines.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

I too do not understand the Rick Fox hype and have been trying to figure it out.

Maybe it's just as simple as his ex-wife Vanessa Williams is one of their network stars? First with Ugly Betty, now DH. I know he did guest role on UB 2-3 years ago. I try to think like an exec when figuring the suspect scoring stuff out, and my mind says that naturally Disney would want to promote Disney's interests (ex. casting Monique, Kyle, Billy Ray, Cody, etc. from Disney Channel; the Bach people; Cho from Lifetime; Erin and Kenny Mayne from ESPN; the myriad of ABC soap stars, etc.). I simply don't believe they're seeing some fab talent and/or potential with him that many of us can't see.

CA and Bruno drool over Rick so I think his sex appeal pulls him through. It's old now. He's not a bad guy bus his dancing just isn't that great. It should be female finale but as show won't want that I think they picked Rick as token hot guy to fill the spot. There's just nothing else that makes sense for the praise he receives.

+ Reply to Thread