+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: 10/25 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 10/25 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Barring a voting upset, looks like Kurt and Anna will be going home. He deserved better than what he got in scores, but they had to protect "The Chosen One" and folks such as their Disney Channel star Kyle, after all. Just annoying.

Didn't see any dances I really loved tonight. Shame, because like others here, I really love the Paso. Brandy did not deserve 10s though, and thankfully did not get one. Messing up noticeably even once = no ten in my book. Jennifer was a trainwreck, but of course she'll stick around.

I did think Brandy made a better winner than Jennifer for the marathon; as someone else said, Derek just went wayyyyy off on his own and did his own thing. Just looked bizarre. Also agreed that I much preferred the group dance to these marathon dances. The marathons are just another way for the judges to determine the outcome of the show. Oh well.

The show in general has become very tiresome to me over the past 2 seasons, this one especially. As soon as the cast list was out, I said it'd be between Jennifer and Brandy and Jennifer would likely win. Even if Brandy upsets her, I'm just fed up with the whole thing. I miss the days where someone could actually come out of nowhere and win (ala Helio). I don't even see a point in watching this season, but I do it out of habit if nothing else. And I really loved this show for years. Sigh.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I can't say I was happy with Helio, but I get your point. Even season 4, which I felt was very predictable in coming down to Apolo and Joey, I was left wondering to the last second who would win. Last season it was obvious it'd be Nicole, the season before Donny, season 7 I think Brooke was the one they wanted, and season 6 Kristi had it wrapped up before the season started. Season 8 I do think Shawn a chosen one, but Gilles and Melissa shook that up a little. I still wasn't surprised she won.

Now, it's the same every week. The judges continue to praise Kyle and Rick and give them the same constructive criticism, and they get the same scores every week (just about). Shouldn't their be a change up at some point? I do think there are contestants the show wants to lasts, including unexpected favorites coming out of nowhere, pretending the favorites they have are audience favorites as well, and those that are fodder. Kurt may not be the best, but like Audrina, I don't know that I feel the judges have been fair to him in comparision. In no way do I think Rick's tango was good, or any better than this paso. Kurt's paso had life, no matter how dull. Rick's tango was just dull, boring choreography, and the same praise as every other week when he was done. And his footwork is pretty bad.

When the most unpredictable thing to happen on the show is Bret Michaels popping in for an appearance (a potential contestant I never thought of but would love to see! ), DWTS has a problem, IMO.

Even with Donny, it wasn't predictable because the show tried by hook or crook to force Mya upon us all. Luckily (for me) she bombed her freestyle.

It's all just making me fed up and uninterested in the show at this point. I could miss a season and still know what would happen. Carrie Ann will trip all over herself praising most of the men. Carrie Ann will also harp about lifts, and pick on Tony. Len will be stoic and criticize most untraditional dancing, but will eventually come around to praising whatever couple he was tough on. Bruno will act cuckoo for coco puffs, Brooke will act as if she'd rather be having a root canal than be there.

Derek will get an above average to great partner and will not be picked on like anyone else would be for gimmicks, out of style dancing, etc. Mark will outdance his partner and design heinous clothes. Maks will "fight" with his partner. Louis will be put with the non-skinny mini comic. Anna's choreography will be picked on for anything whereas Cheryl's average routines will be praised without merit. Lacey will be the rebel in her dancing or bizarre outfit choices. And on and on.

They need to do something to fix this show, starting with axing the stupid marathon dances and hopefully not repeating the 2 sets of scores on finale night to further manipulate the outcome. Then again, this show set off on the wrong foot with me in Season 1 in terms of manipulation, and only after that did they win me over. Kelly Monaco winning was a joke and still the most pathetic thing I have ever seen on this show. Network honchos loved her though, so off they went. Now I feel like we're back to that road yet again, and I feel like turning off my TV.

Pardon the rant, but I'm steamed ATM!
    Last edited by VAgirl79; 10-26-2010 at 12:04 AM.

Just now watching Kyle/Lacey...my only comment on her outfit is: since the song was If I Had You by Adam Lambert, perhaps from hip up she was trying to channel her inner Adam with all the feathers/black/sparkle! But what the heck was that slip/skirt thingy attached to her garters making her butt hang out?!? ....ugh

Surprised that #1 dance was Drew and Cheryl. I never liked that dance at all.
    I loved seeing Julianne and Apollo again.
    And, I loved seeing Donny and Kym again.
    I never liked Joanna, but that dance was really amazing.
    Say what you will about the Houghs. I do find them the 2 best pros ever on this show. It must be in the genes.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by JenCos;4090746;
    Just now watching Kyle/Lacey...my only comment on her outfit is: since the song was If I Had You by Adam Lambert, perhaps from hip up she was trying to channel her inner Adam with all the feathers/black/sparkle! But what the heck was that slip/skirt thingy attached to her garters making her butt hang out?!? ....ugh
    Maybe that slip/skirt thingy attached to her garters was Lacey's answer to the saggy pants thing guys are doing these days, taken to the extreme?

IDK, but it put me in mind of a hot air balloon waiting for takeoff ... and not in a good way.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;4090541;
    That dance was #1? It looked very "Solid Gold Dancers" to me...I wouldn't have even put it in the Top 10...but what do I know.
    I was surprised by that choice which while popular had comparatively little choreography and at times wasn't even smooth. Cheryl and her partners have delivered some slam-up great dances, but that one wasn't sensational to me.
    I do think it was a fun routine, though.

Finally, we get to the dances.
    I have to agree with Len and Bruno regarding Audrina. She's certainly better than most of Tony's partners in the past. However, when I watch her, I'm just reminded of Brooke. Audrina is not as good technically as Brooke was, but she also is fairly bland to watch, for me at least. She looks too much like she's memorized the steps, but there's no feeling or emotion behind it.

FORT Fogey

After watching the top ten, I say this season is a thumbs down. I hate how they tear Audrina up every single week. She is a gorgeous girl doing her very best, and I think she looks great. Are Bristol and Mark a couple, she sure seems to have loosened up so to say a bit more each week. I cannot stand Rick and Cheryl together. Like someone above said, he looks like Frankenstein dancing with his much smaller bride. Derek looked like he and Jennifer had about twenty redbulls before they danced, that was way frantic. Well as far as I am concerned, this is a bust of a season.

Not sure what's up with the scoring tonight.
    I thought Rick was flat out awful with that dance.
    I thought Kyle was better than him.
    And, while Bristol was better than she's been, no way did she deserve those overly inflated scores.
    I wasn't overly enamored of Audrina and Tony tonight, but they sure deserved more than Bristol and Rick.
    I was sorry to see Jennifer stumble, but I do think those scores and Carrie Anne's comments were off base entirely.
    I like Kurt, but I really didn't like that dance at all. I did love seeing Bret Michaels though.

+ Reply to Thread