+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: 10/19 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 10/19 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Thanks for all the insider info!! Glad you had such a fun time. Sounds awesome.

FORT Regular

Great recap, norealityhere How did couples interact with each other from what u saw?

Maks/Brandy
    Tony/Audrina
    Mark/Bristol

Thanks.

Do the wardrobe people have a beef with Lacey that they put in her costumes that appear one size too small OR has she gained that much weight that she now has a muffin top and a Michelle Obama bottom? The Bruno commercial really had her looking chunky (oh, to be so chunky!).

re Lacey: and also why don't they do her roots and maybe wash her hair...

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

noreality, I've been on the waiting list since last year for tickets, and finally got notification that I could have gotten them for this week, too. But based on reading that having a ticket was no guarantee of seeing the show, I opted not to drive from Phoenix to L.A. for a "maybe."

I really enjoyed reading of your experience. I'm sure it was a blast being there. Thanks for all the insider info!
    Warning . . . I have a black belt in Facebook, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Thanks norealityhere! Glad you had a good time. I'm sure it is a lot of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by dwtsaddict;4088340;
    Great recap, norealityhere How did couples interact with each other from what u saw?

Maks/Brandy
    Tony/Audrina
    Mark/Bristol

Thanks.
    Mark, as I indicated upthread, is really sweet and endearing and protective toward Bristol. I gained a lot of respect for him seeing how kind he was toward her. She seems like she could care less about being there. She had no surprise at all when she was saved. But, I'd have to say that she registered little to no emotion with anything from what I saw. He did register more than enough emotion for the 2 of them. I've never been a real fan of Mark's, but like I said, I now have mucho respect for him. If she'd been paired with someone else, she probably would have been gone.
    Maks and Brandy seemed fine with one another. No drama; they looked respectful of each other.
    I only really saw Tony and Audrina during commercial / break times. Audrina looks kind of unsure about herself on the stage. It could be that she comes from a reality background. She just seems to move around with a lot of trepidation.
    Most of the pros are quite slender - the camera does add some weight. It seems like both Lacey and Cheryl tend to gain weight in their hips, thighs and caboose. Next to the other dancers they really look larger. Next to the average sized person in the street, they probably wouldn't. But, this is a dancing show and not a show about the average people on the streets.
    Jennifer looked very scared when she was announced as being in jeopardy. You really saw it during the break. I don't think she's assuming she's going to win that mirrorball trophy.
    And, with the way these votes are going, it could very well be that Bristol wins.

Thanks to all who appreciated the recap.
    It was very fun and exciting to be there.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4088431;
    Most of the pros are quite slender - the camera does add some weight. It seems like both Lacey and Cheryl tend to gain weight in their hips, thighs and caboose. Next to the other dancers they really look larger.
    I think that they style of dance one does most often can affect a dancers proportions. I think that hip hop dancing (I think that Lacey does or used to do that) builds up heavier muscle in the gluteous maximus and thighs. I remember when In Living Colour was on I was surprised by how heavy the Fly Girls seemed to be, but someone explained to me about muscle development. If a dancer does more ballroom style, their muscles would tend to be longer and leaner.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I never heard of muscles being different based on the style of dance.
    But, that would not account for Cheryl who is built more like Lacey. And, Cheryl does ballroom and not hip hop.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian;4088413;
    noreality, I've been on the waiting list since last year for tickets, and finally got notification that I could have gotten them for this week, too. But based on reading that having a ticket was no guarantee of seeing the show, I opted not to drive from Phoenix to L.A. for a "maybe."

I really enjoyed reading of your experience. I'm sure it was a blast being there. Thanks for all the insider info!
    AZ, I would go if I were you.
    As long as you get there by the time they tell you to - actually try to get there a bit before - you will get in. They turned away the people who got there later than the time they were supposed to.
    If they do turn you away, they will give you priority ticketing for a later show. At that show, you can then go to the front of the line.

+ Reply to Thread