+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: 10/19 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Re: 10/19 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I also think it was Flo's time to go. Leaving after last night is leaving on a high note and hopefully save some of her dignity. Corky would have had her in the wheelbarrow position, a la Cloris, eventually and nobody wants to see that!

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4087641;
    Me neither It's why I read spoilers and like living on the East Coast so I can watch liiiive.

Hey, I wonder if norealityhere is there tonight

Tony's ticked about the lift. I do think CA's got a beef with him and Maks.
    I was and will have to report back - hopefully tomorrow. It was a lot of fun.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4087752;
    I was and will have to report back - hopefully tomorrow. It was a lot of fun.
    Can't wait to hear about it!

I will be sharing my thoughts.
    By the way, I very much enjoyed Maks / Brandy's encore tonight. I hadn't liked it too much last night. Tonight, it went very well.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4087676;
    CA seems to have had a grudge with Tony going back to season 2, and it escalated season 5 with that lift gate with Jane. I do think, because he and Maks are vocal about the judges, that's their way or getting even.

And maybe CA does have a thing against pretty girls.
    The distinction should be made between someone's foot accidentally leaving the floor and someone intentionally lifting a person off the ground with the intent of that move being a lift such as a "star lift" or a defined lift that we all are familiar with. This really is just picking on Tony, makes pettiness the priority. Sitting there with a magnifying glass on someone's foot is not the same as someone intentionally inserting a preconceived lift. I don't think someone's foot going nano inches above the floor due to momentum is the same as a lift and cause for CA to show off her x-ray vision and stupidity.

I think Audrina is a better dancer than Jennifer BUT Jennifer is better at the emotions and acting part of the dances. If Audrina can nail down the acting and display the emotions....we will have a wonderful dancer in her.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Y'all seriously. I was holding my breath when Audrina and Florence were standing on that stage last night! I knew which ever one of them was not safe would be the one to go. I was so happy Audrina was safe!

Yay for the Paso next week (Tango doesn't do anything for me), but I really hope Audrina can show some expression better or she will be in even more trouble than she was this week.

I was sad for Florence, but Corky will not be missed. He creeps me out big time. Given how close Flo and Bristol seem to have gotten, I know it probably bothers Bristol and especially Mark that the people they knocked out (b/c they should have gone last night) were Florence and Corky. Must suck to know that.

I've never liked Jennifer and Derek. We all know this. But last night they really had me p*&#d. Jennifer's b**** face when they were standing up there w/ Rick and Florence was so smug and sore loser-y that I wanted to scream! And-when they were about to cut to a commercial at one point and they panned to a shot backstage of D & J, with Tom saying that they were still in jeopardy, did you guys see that? They were sitting on the couch and when they knew the cameras where on them Derek tapped Jennifer on the leg or something and they huddled up together and put on sad puppy dog faces or what looked like that. I took it as them making fun of the fact that they were "still in jeopardy" but knew they were safe. That wasn't funny. This means a lot to some people. Flo looked heartbroken to be going home last night. If I would have been there I might have kicked Jennifer. I hope she falls on her face next week (not literally).

I love Audrina/Tony and Kurt/Anna, and I absolutely love seeing how they progress each week, but I will kind of be glad when this season is over so Jennifer Grey can get off my television. She is truly awful (to me). And I don't think it's so much b/c of Derek even. I think even if she were paired with Tony or Maks I would still hate her.

Oh, on the Tony/Carrie Ann saga-I have read somewhere, and I can not recall where-that Carrie Ann has beef with Tony b/c they dated a long time ago and it didn't end well. I'm talking a LONG time ago-like 15 years or something. I don't know if it was actually dated, or went on one or two dates, but something along those lines. I can't know how much truth there is to this, but it would be interesting, no?

Sorry for my long rant. On to next week.
    Last edited by RyMac; 10-20-2010 at 09:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4087760;
    I will be sharing my thoughts.
    By the way, I very much enjoyed Maks / Brandy's encore tonight. I hadn't liked it too much last night. Tonight, it went very well.
    I can't even wait for this!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tobi;4087823;
    The distinction should be made between someone's foot accidentally leaving the floor and someone intentionally lifting a person off the ground with the intent of that move being a lift such as a "star lift" or a defined lift that we all are familiar with. This really is just picking on Tony, makes pettiness the priority.
    Excellent points!

The show's favoritism towards certain pros does appall me. I agree with the posters that attribute the judges' lack of fawning over Maks and Tony to those guy' calling their bluff. Even if CA's issues with Maks and Tony have a long history, Maks and Tony know what constitutes good judging: this summer, both men served as judges in 2-3 ballroom competitions. They are also both teachers. They know their ballroom dancing. For any grief between Maks and Len, he does give him a bit more credence than the other two pawns.

I firmly believe that the show needs to have three former ballroom competitors as judges. A fourth judge could be a choreographer or former Broadway producer to evaluate performance, but the actual dancing should be judged by ballroom gurus. If getting three credentialed ballroom experts is not feasible, then redesign CA and Bruno's jobs. The "lift police" probably evolved into CA's job since she really doesn't have a defined purpose. While she can appreciate good dancing, any of us could also fill her role. She was tolerable in the past, but her new schtick of drooling over male celebs and going for comedy undermines the last threads of credibility that she had. Same with Bruno. He's tempered his uncomplimentary remarks, but he still can say some head-scratchers.

Perhaps if they all had a designated role, it would work better. I still think 4 judges, maybe two for performance and two for technique, is better than the existing setup.

I had an interesting talk with my MIL (a huge DWTS fan) last night and got some of her perspective. For one thing, she said what I have been thinking: most of the celebs this season weren't recognizable names for many of us (except Florence, Bristol and possibly Brandy) and so many of the pro's popularity has eclipsed the "stars." She's rooting for Tony for lack of anyone else because she, like me, feels like the show has given him a raw deal - especially with having Khate last season.
    As far as Florence is concerned, I have had a hunch that her raunchy rumba last week combined with her coy insinuations about Barry Williams turned off many of her more conservative supporters and, again, my conversation with my MIL confirmed it.
    When you put that together with the concerns about her doing two dances next week, it was probably time for her to go. (And the bonus was we were rid of Corky!)
    I do think she out-danced Bristol this week, but I don't think that has been the case every week. Bristol seemed prepared to leave last night and I hope she does leave next week. After that I'd like to see Kyle, then Rick gone.

+ Reply to Thread