+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: 10/18 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 10/18 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Is it just me or did Bruno really oversell Bristol in the first part of his review? I don't think she has all that much natural musicality. I think for someone who has no real performance background and who seems a bit too shy for this competition, she's doing a fairly good job. But she's not as good as Bruno was making her out to be.

And Len thinks the rumba was Florence's best dance? Eww.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;4086651;
    I never watch the results show until the last couple of minutes. I refuse to waste that much time on filler. And, tonight......talk about filler....

This is killing me.
    Has there really been 18 minutes of recap?! (sorry, not able to watch)

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden;4086653;
    Is it just me or did Bruno really oversell Bristol in the first part of his review? I don't think she has all that much natural musicality. I think for someone who has no real performance background and who seems a bit too shy for this competition, she's doing a fairly good job. But she's not as good as Bruno was making her out to be.

And Len thinks the rumba was Florence's best dance? Eww.
    Everybody on the show oversells Bristol. It's like a memo was circulated or something. For some reason they are afraid of treating her like the worst dancer, even though she is just that.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

They expect to get ratings by filling half an hour with scripted boring analysis?

The judges talking points are exactly where I figured they stood on all the couples. Bristol's not that great, show, sorry.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by veg_out;4086654;
    Yep! You're not missing much. I'm flipping to Operation Repo!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by veg_out;4086654;

Yup. We've yet to see a dance. We know what everyone sans Bristol/Mark are dancing to, but we haven't seen anyone dance a step.

Speaking of which, I don't think it's fair that Derek/Jennifer got a Frank Sinatra tune that happens to have been used as a TV theme song as opposed to a song written specifically for a television show. Not a lot of TV theme songs are standards and "Love and Marriage" is. Since Derek's already announced that they're dancing to the song and not considering the Married With Children connection at all, I wonder how that will affect the scoring? If they're doing a TV theme song week, I think they should actually have to deal with the connection to the show or what's the point?

Oh, good grief. Two more overviews--and I guess Derek and Jennifer get the pimp spot even in the overviews. Just shut up and dance already!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;4086655;
    Everybody on the show oversells Bristol. It's like a memo was circulated or something. For some reason they are afraid of treating her like the worst dancer, even though she is just that.
    I don't think she's the worst dancer ever, simply because DWTS has had some unbelievably bad clunkers in the past, but I do think they are on their best, most charitable behavior when critiquing her. There's no reason they have to be cruel--with her or anyone--but they can be honest and fair.

Oh, good grief...now Carrie Ann is blubbering on about Jennifer and flat out calls her "unstoppable." It's NicRinger all over again.

Everybody on the show oversells Bristol. It's like a memo was circulated or something.
    So who seemed to get the worst recap? *thinking about who could possibly be targeted for bye-bye this week*

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Okay, what will they fill the first 45 minutes with next week if they keep it 2 hours?

100% true. It's like the pink elephant in the room. She's the worst dancer and no one wants to say it. The agenda is painfully clear.

+ Reply to Thread