+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718

Thread: 10/18 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 10/18 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I'm thinking it might be Flo who goes. Her dancing really isn't the worst of the bunch but I don't think she is a contender to win either. Audrina going this soon would be a travesty. She is really someone who should contend this season. I don't know if judges would allow that but certainly she should at least go to semis.

Two dances next week will be hard on some. I don't know how well Flo would do with 2 and I think Bristol will struggle with 2 dances as well. Unfortunately I think Bristol will stay this week even though she should leave. Her's mom fanbase could bring her much farther than her talent allows for. They might need to give her the 4s and 5s she should be getting to get her out.

Audrina seems like a total sweetheart and she's a vg dancer. I like that she works hard. Her face has improved since the beginning but has some room to grow. If she makes it through this week I think she will have a really good week next week. I think she can pull off 2 dances and a few others will be able to do so as well.

Regarding theme week, someone mentioned outfits...

Most of them didn't fit even the era of the show they were in.

"Love and Marriage" (Married with Children) - was actually also used in the 1955 television production of Thornton Wilder's "Our Town." Of course this is more along the lines of a TV movie than a show. Still, most people will also know it from the more recent series.

And I'm GREATLY annoyed with the "golden duo" of Grey and Hough. Hopefully they'll not win this season because they are acting golden. Len's comments were pretty spot on.

"Charlie's Angels" - Well... in his defense he was trying to be the movie Bosley than the TV version. Even if that's true, Kyle needed to lose the moustache. Thought the dance was supposed to be freestyle with its mix, but it wasn't bad. Lacey's response to the scores? - dead on, very odd there.

Sorry - but I think they should've denied Florence using "Brady Bunch" as the theme. To me it felt like a cheap way to get votes as they'd remember her for Carol instead of her dancing (which is weak, but she's probably the best dancer they've had in the senior area).

Bristol's "Monkees" - right outfits for the most part, but felt they actually danced better in the suits. She's trying hard, but I do agree in the thought that her partner seems to be doing more to make fun of her or put her in more of a bad light than actually teach her stuff.

The rest I will have trouble matching names and such, so please bear with me.

"Hill Street Blues" with Cheryl - Very risky choice, but for a rhumba? - I think they actually chose well. It was cute and admittedly sexy.

"I dream of Jeanine" I didn't get to see, so I can't analyze it.

Didn't see "FRIENDS," either; however, my opinion of that theme it's good for quickstep and free, neither actually choices for dance this week.

Apparently the others were forgettable to me because I can't remember them all.

What I would've LOVED to have seen was "Theme to the Greatest American Hero" used; and even more so with Derek and Jennifer if nothing else so Derek had to wear the suit. Well... at least have the guts to consider it.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock;4087207;
    Regarding theme week, someone mentioned outfits...

"I dream of Jeanine" I didn't get to see, so I can't analyze it.
    I thought it was going to be "I dream of Jeannie" when I first saw the outfits, but it was actually "Bewitched." They were one of the few couples that actually made references to the TV show in the dance - Anna twitched her nose whenever the nose twitch sound came up in the song.

Quote Originally Posted by ChelsieFan;4087174;

Two dances next week will be hard on some. I don't know how well Flo would do with 2 and I think Bristol will struggle with 2 dances as well.
    Good point about the two dances! Since it's Rock 'n Roll theme week, isn't it the Paso Doble and maybe classic Tango next week? The 2nd dance hasta be a group dance, right? I think Flo would have a tough time doing both. Bristol, too.

Since the show is about ratings, I think they're gonna want to keep their big names on the proverbial marqee as long as possible. Not sure if Flo pulls in a ton of votes, but who are their "big" names? Jennifer, Brandy, Rick, Kurt, and Flo. Palin also pulls some weight just by her name. I'd be astounded if she left tonight though she really does need to leave. She hasn't improved much since the show's start.

I do fear that Audrina and Kyle will be in the bottom two. Though Audrina is well known per MTV and to the under-25 demo, I'm not sure she'd be a favorite with the DWTS demo. Kyle was initially a stunner, but he's fallen since the cha-cha-cha. It's tough to call since I do think that the show wants to pull in the 18-25 demo. If that's the case, Kyle and Audrina and Bristol should stay in the competition. However, they don't have the *big star* status that the older contestants can boast. In the end, it depends on the demo the show is consistently winning; they'll need to tailor the show to that group of people.

Right now, I think the top 5 will be Brandy, Jennifer, Kurt, Rick, and Audrina.

I really liked Kurt and Anna’s dance. He looks like he’s enjoying himself which is something that I like to see in a dance performance.

It took me a minute to come up with Hill Street Blues (and yes, I’m old enough!!) but Cheryl and Rick looked great – disagree with Len that they looked like a couple staying together for the children. They’re not off the charts kind of chemistry, but it is there.

I’ve yet to see anyone dance that has that smoldering chemistry that makes me feel like an intruder.

Didn’t see Brandy and Maks dance – will have to look for it on youtube.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, Bejeweled® 2 Action Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer;4086826;
    LOL - I love Derek's JENOUGHER shirt - of course his name is in bright red.

I might get one of those shirts... but this is the part I'll bold in red:

Jenougher

Really stupid choice of nick when you think about it, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat;4087236;
    I might get one of those shirts... but this is the part I'll bold in red:

Jenougher

Really stupid choice of nick when you think about it, huh?

All I can say is that I'm glad I wasn't drinking anything when I read that. I can't afford to buy a new computer right now.

+ Reply to Thread