+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: 10/18 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Newbie

Re: 10/18 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Looked to me like Kurt dropped Anna at end. That was too hard to be planned. He has the personality but his technique is lacking. I think they were overscored in this dance.

FORT Fogey

There is no way Audina deserves to go home. She is my favorite as she is trying so hard, and actually is dancing well. Bristol looked ridiculous, and forgot nearly every step. I think Mark tries, but it is just pointless with her she has no rhythm. I like him quite a bit better than Derek though, but I notice both of them do not slow down a bit with their partners when they dance. Tony and Maks both still dance well, but they slow themselves a little. Mark and Derek look so frantic next to their partners that every mistake sticks out even to my untrained eye.

Last night bored the crud out of me. It was probably the least enjoyable DWTS epi I have ever watched.

That said, I still gave all my votes to Audrina/Tony. Their rumba was probably my least favorite of all their dances, but she doesn't deserve to go. I think it's Bristol's turn. I like the kid, and she has been trying hard, but this is what it's come down to. She is the worst one left.

I'm not a Lacey hater, but she and Mark both are jumping up and down on my last nerve here lately. I'll be glad when they're both gone. I like Kyle okay, but he doesn't deserve to stay over some of the others either. IMO he should be gone in about two weeks.

The bright spot in my evening was Kurt/Anna. They were so fun and Anna is just such a charmer! I'd love to go out on the town and throw back a few with her. She just seems like she'd be so much fun!!

Jennifer Grey strikes me as a real piece of work. I think she has attitude and is pretty full of herself. Can't stand her. Coupled with the fact that she's partnered with the Golden Boy, can't stand her even more. I'm holding on to hope that 2 dances a week from now on will be her downfall. I would never, ever, wish that she get hurt, I just hope she doesn't have the stamina to do as well anymore.

I think we'll be saying good bye to Bristol/Mark tonight. I sure hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by Missyboxers;4086854;
    Possibly the sexual comments she was making about her former tv son, who wasn't even legal for most of the time that they worked together? I was skeeved out by that.
    I totally agree with you. I didn't care for her raunchy dance last week, but that comment about her former tv son......double yuck!! I am starting to think that we are getting to know the real Florence, and she isn't at all like the character she played on tv.

FORT Fogey

I did not hear Florence's comments, but my general impression is that she is trying, and failing, to be something she is not. Cloris Leachman was, at least, hilarious. She needs to go home, either this week or next week after Bristol.

Overall, it's just not the best season. In an effort to top season 10, they're messing with the basics of the show that make it successful. They really are trying to win the 18-24 demographic evidenced in the young make-up of the cast, the younger pro-dancers on results shows, and the musical guests on results shows. In doing that, they've lost some of the essence of the show.

Sure, variety is the spice of life, but perhaps they should re-evaluate the challenges they want the dancers to face and what exactly the point of those challenges are.

Bruno is trying to be ABC's Simon Cowell. CA is I-don't-know-what. Len is the only respectable judge but even he is unpredictable with his judging. I wish they actually had legit judges with focused comments. If you watch the pros, the only judge whose comments matter to them is Len.

As for last night, I really liked Brandy and Maks QS and Kurt/Anna's. Audrina is great technically, but she's not connecting emotionally to the dancing. I didn't watch the other dances.

Not sure what will happen tonight. Maybe Florky or Bristol. Maybe a shocker, i.e. Audrina. Hope not.

FORT Fogey

Flo's comments about Barry Williams gave me the creeps as well. She's trying too hard and it's not coming across well at all.

The only other comment is that Lacey's butt looked as big as Kyle's in that outfit she wore. It's time for her to go too, even tho I don't mind Kyle.

I hated last nights theme stuff. But my favorite of the night was Rick and Cheryl that was hot! as well as Brandy and Maks. Kyle and Lacy were cute but that song was a bit too old for Kyle.

bottom for me was Bristol. Why is ABC holding on to her??? The girl had too many mistakes to recover.

Derrek and Jennifer are getting on my nerves. Ready for them to go.

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4086902;

I do have to disagree, though, with those who really dislike Derek. When he comes out on the floor, he's just mesmerizing - it's like a combination of Gene Kelly/Fred Astaire/Donald O' Connor. He may be a ham, but he's, IMO, the best male dancer on the show.

I do hope tomorrow night is more exciting than tonight was.
    I agree with you; I'm not so much worried about personalities as dancing ability, and i love watching Derek especially with a pro partner when we get a chance to see it!

I also agree that last night's show was just plain bad--if they just had to do tv themes, there are plenty that would have been better choices than what was given. I do agree that "the Monkees" could have been fun; I don't agree that Bristol is as bad as kenny Mayne or Kate but she just won't let herself cut loose, which I am sure limits what Mark could have her do. Prior to this she has at least gotten the steps right, and I think trying to get out of the suit just got her too flustered. That said, I think the elimination oreder has been fair so far, and I expect Florence and Bristol to be gone one this week and the other next. Past that, I'd say Rick, then after that I'm not sure. I think Audrina is the best dancer, but she always looks half asleep to me. Part of it is just the way her eyes look naturally, butI had to roll my eyes on a past week when she said she was afraid a big smile would give her wrinkles.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;4087147;
    I agree with you; I'm not so much worried about personalities as dancing ability, and i love watching Derek especially with a pro partner when we get a chance to see it!

I also agree that last night's show was just plain bad--if they just had to do tv themes, there are plenty that would have been better choices than what was given. I do agree that "the Monkees" could have been fun; I don't agree that Bristol is as bad as kenny Mayne or Kate but she just won't let herself cut loose, which I am sure limits what Mark could have her do. Prior to this she has at least gotten the steps right, and I think trying to get out of the suit just got her too flustered. That said, I think the elimination oreder has been fair so far, and I expect Florence and Bristol to be gone one this week and the other next. Past that, I'd say Rick, then after that I'm not sure. I think Audrina is the best dancer, but she always looks half asleep to me. Part of it is just the way her eyes look naturally, butI had to roll my eyes on a past week when she said she was afraid a big smile would give her wrinkles.
    I thought I was the only one who noticed that! While I'm in their corner and have been voting for them, it's mainly because I want a good season for Tony. Audrina is inoffensive, but she seems a little shallow and devoid of much emotion. I hope that doesn't get them knocked off tonight.
    The fact is, if she can't bring more emotion to her dances, she will deserve to go home. I'd rather see someone who is technically not perfect but is having fun and though their performance, bringing the audience in to share the experience.
    Much as I like Audrina and Tony, her half smile during their rumba seemed a little odd to me and not in keeping with the romance they should be selling. Maybe she was thinking of onions?

+ Reply to Thread