Thread: 10/12 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 10/12 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Happy to, Chelsie. I really like Tony.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4084757;
    Happy to, Chelsie. I really like Tony.
    Yeah!! TY. I bet you'll have a blast.

Will they be doing group dance this week? I thought they usually do for F8 but I haven't read anything about it yet.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

They didn't do a group dance last season, so maybe they're done with those. They did the team dances and marathon. I didn't care much for the group dances (I'll never get over the hip hop routine), but the footage was usually pretty fun. I loved Mark showing up in season 8 with a cardboard cutout of Shawn because she couldn't make rehearsals It seems like this season is dragging out soooo long, and I realized there's still 5 weeks I believe left.

Personally, I'd rather the group dance than the other two.

I guss next week will be marathon and then team at F6 like it usually is. I don't mind the group dance because it can be entertaining but as no one has mentioned it yet in interviews they mustn't be doing it this year either.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;4084097;

Mike did have a point; he did try very hard, and it wasn't even acknowledged. He is never going to be a Fred Astaire, but they could have at least told him they noticed he was giving it all he could.
    In past seasons, the judges have been quick to point out who puts in the time. Offhand comments and such and they've also made comments about who should be putting in more time. I really wish they'd acknowledged his hard work. Because really, he was not a good dancer (and never is going to be) but he worked his tail off. That really surprised me about him. I was expecting a diva and got a hardworking guy who really wanted to do well. I have mad respect for him now.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

I remember they did that for Billy Ray, I think the week after Bruno dissed him and the episode Karina broke down because he was such a pitiful dancer. Karina mentioned in a post-show interview she had told Mike he'd probably get credit and praise for the lifts, even though they weren't doing much dancing (and what dancing they did was the pits). So they went in with an expectation of getting love from the judges and they dissed the whole performance. I still believe there's an agenda about getting certain people out every week and if the judges can justify giving them low scores and a bad critique, they'll do it if it helps their cause. I feel like they're already starting that on Bristol and also Florence.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4085785;
    I remember they did that for Billy Ray, I think the week after Bruno dissed him and the episode Karina broke down because he was such a pitiful dancer. Karina mentioned in a post-show interview she had told Mike he'd probably get credit and praise for the lifts, even though they weren't doing much dancing (and what dancing they did was the pits). So they went in with an expectation of getting love from the judges and they dissed the whole performance. I still believe there's an agenda about getting certain people out every week and if the judges can justify giving them low scores and a bad critique, they'll do it if it helps their cause. I feel like they're already starting that on Bristol and also Florence.
    But in this case, they are the worst dancers. Is it still an agenda if they deserve to go? Maybe the Hoff left a little early, and Margaret definitely left early, but I chalk that up to the fickle viewers and fanbases.

I rewatched this week's episode, and while some of the judges' comments were a little rough, ultimately I didn't find fault with the scores. Mike's lifts weren't good -- he was wobbly in the set-up and the catch of that first lift, it wasn't graceful at all. He was by far the worst dancer this week. Kurt was a tree trunk out there, and Rick & Chreryl had okay moves but zero heat.

I think Bristol was slightly overscored, mainly because Mark fell into his habit of overdancing to hide the fact that he gave his partner very little to do, and he's not as good as Derek at covering his tracks. Brandy was maybe slightly underscored, but to me it didn't look like a rumba as much as ballet moves on her part. (That's also the fault of her pro). And Derek could make a 9-worthy AT if he had a cocker spaniel for a partner; it's really his dance to lose each season because his tango choreography is so awesome.

I don't know -- Bruno is definitely acting up this season for some reason, but otherwise, other than Margaret being gone I'm not finding a lot of fault with the results so far.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;4086011;
    But in this case, they are the worst dancers. Is it still an agenda if they deserve to go? Maybe the Hoff left a little early, and Margaret definitely left early, but I chalk that up to the fickle viewers and fanbases.

I rewatched this week's episode, and while some of the judges' comments were a little rough, ultimately I didn't find fault with the scores. Mike's lifts weren't good -- he was wobbly in the set-up and the catch of that first lift, it wasn't graceful at all. He was by far the worst dancer this week. Kurt was a tree trunk out there, and Rick & Chreryl had okay moves but zero heat.

I think Bristol was slightly overscored, mainly because Mark fell into his habit of overdancing to hide the fact that he gave his partner very little to do, and he's not as good as Derek at covering his tracks. Brandy was maybe slightly underscored, but to me it didn't look like a rumba as much as ballet moves on her part. (That's also the fault of her pro). And Derek could make a 9-worthy AT if he had a cocker spaniel for a partner; it's really his dance to lose each season because his tango choreography is so awesome.

I don't know -- Bruno is definitely acting up this season for some reason, but otherwise, other than Margaret being gone I'm not finding a lot of fault with the results so far.
    I feel Bristol's been overscored every week. And much for the reasons you said, Mark's been dancing around her and she's done very minimal dancing. If the show could get away with scoring/praising her more than they should, they probably would. Maks said he did a traditional rumba, not a DWTS rumba, so maybe it's not what we're used to seeing I loved their rumba, and that's hard for me to like that dance, so it has to be special. And going up against the AT makes it pale even more in comparision.

I actually liked the fact that the judges seemed to be offering more constructive criticism this week on what each couple needed to work on, rather than rambling on and on over something stupid and trying to decide whether or not they saw a lift. I would have been fine with Kurt's low scores if they had scored some others accordingly. I wasn't impressed with his rumba, but it was better than Bristol standing there while Mark stripped and danced around her, or Florence's attempt at being raunchy, or Mike and his lift heavy AT with two steps of actual dancing. I do believe the show goes into each season with the expectation of having certain celebs last to a certain point, and others being used as fodder. I was surprised David went first, and I'm sure the show expected him to last for at least a few train wreck crazy weeks. Mike and Bristol are the ratings headliners this season, and like Kate, seemed obvious when the judges went easy on them (by comparision to other couples). I think it might have been a shock to Mike to get harsh criticism after getting a pat on the back the last 3 weeks and an encore. Usually I tell them to suck it up, because there's been worse remarks made, and probably will be other occasions when the judges cross the line. I know the producers can't always expect those that they cast for ratings or to last long to become viewers favorites and have them vote, or that those they think will be eliminated first will not end up in the final 4. But it seems obvious with the remarks of the judges. Either way, I agree Mike deserved to go this week, and should have been gone sooner. Hopefully Bristol and Florence follow and we can have a real competition.

I agree on Bruno. I don't know if the show is going for the Idol theme of focusing more on the antics of the judges and appointing their own designated overly mean cranky pants, but it's a turn off. Len's the only one who's opinions I care to hear. Doesn't hurt he has good chemistry with Tom and can put together a nice results show filler worthy package.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4086041;
    I agree on Bruno. I don't know if the show is going for the Idol theme of focusing more on the antics of the judges and appointing their own designated overly mean cranky pants, but it's a turn off. Len's the only one who's opinions I care to hear. Doesn't hurt he has good chemistry with Tom and can put together a nice results show filler worthy package.
    Amen! His classroom bit this week was the best filler all season. And he is the only judge who can put together a real critique without turning into a circus act. It's really time for the show to tell C-A and Bruno to stop acting like buffoons, or else think about replacements.

I agree with everything you said, except when it comes to Florence. I think that, when you factor in her age and the fact that her pro is probably on some neighborhood watch lists, she's doing quite well. Unlike Bristol, her pro is making her perform the core steps to her dances, and she is doing them. In between the gimmicks and the cringe-worthy moments, she manages some decent footwork. And she certainly has the theatricality down.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;4086045;
    Amen! His classroom bit this week was the best filler all season. And he is the only judge who can put together a real critique without turning into a circus act. It's really time for the show to tell C-A and Bruno to stop acting like buffoons, or else think about replacements.

I agree with everything you said, except when it comes to Florence. I think that, when you factor in her age and the fact that her pro is probably on some neighborhood watch lists, she's doing quite well. Unlike Bristol, her pro is making her perform the core steps to her dances, and she is doing them. In between the gimmicks and the cringe-worthy moments, she manages some decent footwork. And she certainly has the theatricality down.
    Was it last season when CA and Bruno disagreed with Len, they turned their backs to him when they revealed their scores? And I love how they have no problem interrupting him or egging the audience on to boo, but seem offended when it happens to them. Len not only knows what he's talking about, but he doesn't make it sound boring. CA knows nothing and it shows, and Bruno often makes no sense and likes to hear himself talk. I used to enjoy him and his antics, but it's become a real turn off, especially this season. And while seeing Len shirtless wasn't on my things to see before I die list, I had to laugh this week when Tom pulled that old clip up of him. Not only can he do a filler package and make it fun, he can poke fun at himself and the show. And do it with a straight face! No wonder he and Tom get along so well.

I'll agree about Florence. I think Corky is hindering her and throwing in gimmicks and mugging where it doesn't need to be, but she has impressed me. She could easily dance circles around the other older contestants who've come on this show. I do think she's one of the worst left, however, and wouldn't mind if she left next week (or actually in 2 weeks, I'd rather lose Mark first). Bristol I have no problem with and also think he's hindering her. It's amazing that he and Derek were taught by the same coaches, lived together with his family in England, and while Derek can gimmick and ham it up like any Ballas, he's a much better and dedicated teacher and knows when it's too much (sometimes anyway )

+ Reply to Thread