+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: 10/12 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 10/12 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo;4082992;
    I don't know....Nancy sounded pretty good when she did These Boots Are Made For Walking.
    And Frank Sinatra Jr. has been a singer and bandleader for decades. He's made two guest appearances on Family Guy, where he sang with Brian.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

FORT Regular

Everybody has the right to vote for whomever they choose based on the criteria they choose. If Bristol gets votes because of her mother than that is the perogative of those voting for her. There have been MANY seasons when the best dancer did not win....people vote for a variety of reasons, and that is their right.

Remember when people didn't vote for Melissa just because they didn't like her and it had nothing to do with how well she danced, or when Maya didn't win because people didn't vote for her because they thought she was a ringer. Or how about Ty making it all the way to 4th, because people liked him, not because he danced the best.
    Last edited by MFWalkoff; 10-13-2010 at 12:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by VAgirl79;4082955;
    Good outcome, will not miss him one iota. However, except for tonight, he didn't come across as half bad to me. Lot of it seems like it's his schtick.

I was concerned for Kurt. Stupid low scoring by the judges before cost Natalie Coughlin a couple seasons ago and led to an early boot, so I feared the same here. Hope he stays in through the finals. Love him with Anna!

As for Bristol, I think she'll outlast Florence, but that'll pretty much be it. I like Florence, but Corky is just stratospherically creepy, strange, and hive-inducing on camera.

Bristol's mom certainly has fans, but there are many of them (such as myself) who are not taking her into consideration when deciding who to vote for. To me, that's irrelevant to this show. I choose who to vote for (in seasons I don't have someone I love coming in to it) based on a mix of technique and entertainment. Bristol seems sweet, but she won't get my votes unless there's some drastic turnaround on her part and others take a nosedive. This season, I vote for Kurt and Anna, and if they go, my votes will go to Audrina and Tony.
    Had to DVR again, but just finished watching.

I agree with you about Mike. My opinion of him going into this was not favorable, but then my oldest, who watches Jersey Shore, told me a little more about him and how he is ACTING big time on JS. Her friend was in a bar where they happened to be filming. She had to sign a release just in case she got on camera (she didn't). But she said Mike was the only cast member who stayed later, posed for pics, and signed autographs. She said his handlers were trying to get him to leave and he wouldn't. Seems like a good guy.

I think he deserved to go tonight based on his dancing, and I knew it would be his last show, but I'll admit he tried. I don't know a lot about Karina, but she seemed happy with him.

Mark is VERY protective of Bristol! If she can emote more, she'd be so much better. Will we hear the Brady Bunch theme next week???
    Stay tuned for "Dancing with the Dancers"!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I think Karina knew she didn't have to try very hard with Mike, and therefore probably did have a better bond/time with him. Plus she wasn't back last season, so she probably figured he's better than nothing.

Len is my favorite of the judges, even if I don't agree with him all the time. But I'm glad he can poke fun at himself and his filler segments on this show are usually the best part. I knew that past DC clip was coming as soon as Tom starting mentioning Mark taking his shirt off

I'm sure a lot of what Mike does and how he acts is for show, but I do believe his ego and attitude are the real deal. Tonight's video clips of him weren't really funny, if it was supposed to be for show, when he couldn't get a thought together (assuming that thought wasn't there but not suited for network family television).

FORT Fogey

I know people are going to disagree with this, but I see Mike going farther in Hollywood than any of the other castmates of Jersey Shore. He has that charisma that makes, at least me, want to watch him. The other members just seem more vile and into themselves. I thought he carried himself well, and the fact he took what the judges said so hard, shows me he is not in it for the exposure alone. I actually liked Karina for the first time too, so maybe just maybe he is a good guy.

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;4082996;
    And Frank Sinatra Jr. has been a singer and bandleader for decades. He's made two guest appearances on Family Guy, where he sang with Brian.
    He recently sang on The Defenders as well.

Not surprised with the Situation getting the boot - and TB not telling us if this is the B2, or not necessarily the B2 is odd. The whole "in jeopardy" doesn't mean anything to me - it's just a ploy to keep everyone in suspense when they start the eliminations that early in the show. I don't recall them ever using this method before.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;4083144;
    He recently sang on The Defenders as well.

Not surprised with the Situation getting the boot - and TB not telling us if this is the B2, or not necessarily the B2 is odd. The whole "in jeopardy" doesn't mean anything to me - it's just a ploy to keep everyone in suspense when they start the eliminations that early in the show. I don't recall them ever using this method before.
    Technically, I don't think Bristol was in the bottom two at all if you combine the votes and the judges score together. I think that is why you did not hear Tom reference in any way "the bottom two" or even "the bottom three". They are using "in jeopardy" to cover the fact that someone will go home, and since they have put people in jeopardy in prior seasons and told us that those people were not necessarily in the bottom two, the precedence has been set for this technique without any further explanation. It is, as someone says, a "fake bottom two" formed for drama.

We discussed on another thread yesterday afternoon the possibility and the likelihood that Bristol received enough popular votes according to one of the sites that when combined with her judges' scores she would be very close to the top of the heap rather than at the bottom.
    Regardless of how or why she is getting the votes, the indication is that she is getting the votes up to this point in the season.

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton;4083119;
    I know people are going to disagree with this, but I see Mike going farther in Hollywood than any of the other castmates of Jersey Shore. He has that charisma that makes, at least me, want to watch him. The other members just seem more vile and into themselves. I thought he carried himself well, and the fact he took what the judges said so hard, shows me he is not in it for the exposure alone. I actually liked Karina for the first time too, so maybe just maybe he is a good guy.
    Glad the Situation is off my screen.

I have to comment on Karina. I also found her to have matured quite a bit since her early seasons on the show. I found her to be quite likable this season. Maybe it works this way when she has a partner with no talent whatsoever. Remember the Woz? She was fun to watch that season too.

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton;4083119;

I don't disagree. He is already the top money making reality star of all reality stars. He has a huge business/work ethic. He knows that prolonging his 15 minutes and turning it into something is what he wants to do. He's done it with endorsements, Vodka, products, etc. already. I think with the right decisions he'll continue to do it. The others on the show don't have quite the same drive that he does. IMO

I almost wondered if his rant was scripted. He was fine and gracious and all of a sudden that incongruous rant ...last week people were saying they felt that the contestants knew their fate ahead of the announcement and if so that would explain that as he would then not have anything to lose and it would make him look "Jersey Shore Italian" to walk out like that and say he quit or enough or whatever it was and be all tough guy therefore keeping his JS rep in tact. Not to mention it has gotten lots of headlines and attention. Just a theory.

+ Reply to Thread