+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 248

Thread: 10/11 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

  1. #181
    BTW
    BTW is offline
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    518

    Re: 10/11 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by ness;4082018;
    They deserved those scores.
    Brandy & Maks or Audrina & Tony deserved just as good scores as Derek & Jennifer's.

  2. #182
    Bloomin' FoRT Fanatic! ness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Roseland!
    Posts
    10,113

    Re: 10/11 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by ChelsieFan;4082087;
    I don't either. I saw it as a compliment to Audrina for her hard work. He was proud of her. No more than that.
    Haven't actually heard/seen it yet, but based on having seen Tony for as long as he's been on this show, I WILL say that I've never perceived him to be someone that would actually sink to taking a verbal shot at another celebrity competitor, ESPECIALLY a (hardworking, nice) lady, as Jennifer seems to be presenting herself as.

    He's always struck me as being a gentleman.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

  3. #183
    FORT Fanatic hikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    612

    Re: 10/11 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by chrisg;4082082;
    Bristol is a contestant on a reality show. People can criticize her however they'd like to according to FoRT rules.

    And the way Bristol goes on and on about abstinence and motherhood it's like she thinks she's the Virgin Mary.

    Other than that, she seems like a nice girl who is trying. Her dancing is below average for this show, however, and is not improving. And that's really starting to get old. Hopefully she'll take what she's earned from this show and pursue a college education.
    Totally agreed with your last paragraph. I certainly hope Bristol goes to college because she doesn't have a future in the entertainment business. But that's not a diss, because neither do most of us here, I'd wager. If Bristol has a realistic view of her level of talent, she's far ahead of that plastic tool, Jake.

    Now, teen abstinence by way of teen motherhood is, however accidentally, Bristol's platform, just like any pageant contestant picks a platform--through personal experience. I have never gotten a whiff of Virgin Mary-itis from her. She was an unwed mom at 18 and was not able to graduate with her high school class and was made a national spectacle of it for a mistake thousands of young women make every day . . .nobody else had to make it quite so publically as Bristol did, however. Given that, I think she's displayed remarkable poise. If she's rather belatedly promoting abstinence to young girls after the horse is out of the barn . . .she has learned the hard way that it's better if other girls do not repeat her mistakes. If she's able to help even one olther girl avoid an unwanted pregnancy with an unworthy jerk of a partner, then she will have done some good in the world.

    Bristol's not a saint, never claimed to be, but now that the beautiful baby is here, she's justifiably proud of him. How is that sanctimonious? Seems very natural to me.

    I just pointed out that even a very confident young woman might feel a tad uncomfortable if forced to dress up like a hooker and roll around on the floor on live TV. One needn't be the Virgin Mary to be uncomfortable with that scenario. I was objecting to the very black and white terms that seem to be applied to Bristol more so than any of our other contestants . . She had a baby and now promotes abstinence, so she's a hypocrite. She's never danced or been on TV before in her life and she's supposed to take to high heels and seamed stockings and fondling a boy she barely knows on TV like a duck to water or else she's had a 'sad' upbringing where she has body dysmorphic disorder? Not. She's somewhere in the middle, like all of us . . .I don't think she deserves to be slammed for not being a natural at this. None of us would be.
    Last edited by The Mod Team; 10-11-2010 at 10:56 PM.

  4. #184
    FORT Fanatic moflan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Philly Burbs
    Posts
    708

    Re: 10/11 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Tilden;4082065;
    I'm really surprised by Audrina. Having known her from nothing more than clips on The Soup, I was expecting her to be vacuous and beyond stupid. But she's really working hard, listening to Tony, and doing better than I ever expected. Hated that Derek/Jennifer got the absolute classic tango music, and Tony and Audrina got stuck with music that doesn't truly suit a tango on top of everything else. Too bad Derek has another ringer this year. Tony might have had a shot otherwise.

    And yet another shock. Derek and Jennifer are right back at the top of the leader board. It's last season all over again....But the judges can fawn all over Derek and Jennifer all they want. Gilles and Cheryl are still the king and queen of the AT.
    The music for Audrina and Tony JUMPED out at me. Either everyone should perform the AT to a more classic/classical sounding tune WITHOUT lyrics or everyone should have to choreograph it to inappropriate, stupid music with lyrics in order to level the playing field. My vote is for the former for everyone who performs it on this show. I don't even think pros dancing could pull off a worthwhile AT to Jefferson Airplane.

  5. #185
    Yoffy lifts a finger... fluff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    43,485

    Re: 10/11 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by BTW;4082090;
    Brandy & Maks or Audrina & Tony deserved just as good scores as Derek & Jennifer's.
    I disagree.
    I think Derek and Jennifer had the superior routine and they danced it better.
    "That's Numberwang!"

  6. #186
    BTW
    BTW is offline
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    518

    Re: 10/11 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by ChelsieFan;4082072;
    Audrina and Kurt were both too low. Both will be safe but both should have been higher. There are always some taken more to task than others which is a shame. Good news is these 2 are both hard workers and nice people and will use it to push themselves even more next week.
    Kurt & Audrina got my votes tonight. The Situation and Bristol should be on the chopping block. Maybe Florence too. She's getting the older voters...not mine.

  7. #187
    Magical Elf MFWalkoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    17,084

    Re: 10/11 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by hikari;4082094;
    Totally agreed with your last paragraph. I certainly hope Bristol goes to college because she doesn't have a future in the entertainment business. But that's not a diss, because neither do most of us here, I'd wager. If Bristol has a realistic view of her ls level of talent, she's far ahead of that plastic tool, Jake.

    Now, teen abstinence by way of teen motherhood is, however accidentally, Bristol's platform, just like any pageant contestant picks a platform--through personal experience. I have never gotten a whiff of Virgin Mary-itis from her. She was an unwed mom at 18 and was not able to graduate with her high school class and was made a national spectacle of for a mistake thousands of young women make every day . . .nobody else had to make it quite so publically as Bristol did, however. Given that, I think she's displayed remarkable poise. If she is, rather belatedly promoting abstinence to young girls after the horse is out of the barn . . .she has learned the hard way that it's better if other girls do not repeat her mistakes. If she's able to help even one olther girl avoid an unwanted pregnancy with an unworthy jerk of a partner, then she will have done some good in the world.

    Bristol's not a saint, never claimed to be, but now that the beautiful baby is here, she's justifiably proud of him. How is that sanctimonious? Seems very natural to me.

    I just pointed out that even a very confident young woman might feel a tad uncomfortable if forced to dress up like a hooker and roll around on the floor on live TV. One needn't be the Virgin Mary to be uncomfortable with that scenario. I was objecting to the very black and white terms that seem to be applied to Bristol more so than any of our other contestants . . She had a baby and now promotes abstinence, so she's a hypocrite. She's never danced or been on TV before in her life and she's supposed to take to high heels and seamed stockings and fondling a boy she barely knows on TV like a duck to water or else she's had a 'sad' upbringing where she has body dysmorphic disorder? Not. She's somewhere in the middle, like all of us . . .I don't think she deserves to be slammed for not being a natural at this. None of us would be.
    Nobody forced her to go on the show. Whoever convinced her that going on Dancing with the Stars would be a way to "grow" and "come out of her shell" might as well have told her to join the circus, for all it has to do with overcoming shyness. Ballroom dancing as a sport is the most exhibitionist display there is.

    Any 'star' who comes on this show expecting to get a fair and humane treatment by the judges and the media (and the Internet) is deluding themselves. This is especially true of semi-public figures who aren't really 'stars' and don't have performing experience. It would be nice if everyone gave Bristol a pass and went easy on her, but that isn't what the show is for. The stars have to be willing to put it all out there, without nudging, coaxing or coddling. They don't have to be good, but they do have to understand what kind of commitment is involved.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

  8. #188
    Yoffy lifts a finger... fluff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    43,485

    Re: 10/11 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by moflan;4082096;
    The music for Audrina and Tony JUMPED out at me. Either everyone should perform the AT to a more classic/classical sounding tune WITHOUT lyrics or everyone should have to choreograph it to inappropriate, stupid music with lyrics in order to level the playing field. My vote is for the former for everyone who performs it on this show. I don't even think pros dancing could pull off a worthwhile AT to Jefferson Airplane.
    The pros get to submit a list of songs they'd like to dance to each season. While that song was a terrible choice for an AT, there is a possibility it was on Tony's list.
    Also, didn't Lacey and Kyle make a fuss about their song last week because they didn't want to dance to The Eagles?
    Perhaps Tony could have requested a change of song.
    I thought their dance was very good, but the music was all wrong.
    "That's Numberwang!"

  9. #189
    Bloomin' FoRT Fanatic! ness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Roseland!
    Posts
    10,113

    Re: 10/11 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by BTW;4082090;
    Brandy & Maks or Audrina & Tony deserved just as good scores as Derek & Jennifer's.
    IMHO, as enjoyable as their routines were, no, they didn't.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

  10. #190
    FORT Fogey ChelsieFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,996

    Re: 10/11 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by BTW;4082098;
    Kurt & Audrina got my votes tonight. The Situation and Bristol should be on the chopping block. Maybe Florence too. She's getting the older voters...not mine.
    The Situation should absolutely go this week and Bristol should be on it with him but doubtful. I think it could be Flo who really isn't the worst of the lot so I really pray she makes it through this week. I think Bristol will go farther than they should but I do think The Situation's time is coming to an end soon as it should.

    I'm thinking Kurt could be "in jeopardy" this week but it will be fake. He's fine. If you are going to be lowballed in scores best to do it while lesser dancers are still in it.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.