+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: 10/5 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 10/5 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

We had a conversation about this at work today-water cooler talk! - the show still is first in ratings, but I think that's becoming a little shaky. One of the women I work with still absolutely believes the fans determine the results. But, she's starting to cross over to the realization that the judges' 50% can, and does, make the difference. I pointed out to her that last season, the best way to allow for viewers to choose the winner was for the judges to give both Evan and what's her name the exact same score, that way it truly would be the viewer's decision and she thought about it a moment and finally said, yeah, I can see your point. More fans are thinking that way. None of my friends or coworkers follow this group or any other group, they've managed to see what we see and discuss week in and week out. I'm beginning to lose all hope for this show, when the fans voted out (or didn't vote for, whichever way you think of it) the cheetah girls (can't remember her name either), I think the producers decided then and there this was their show and THEY would determine the winner.
    "Grammar is the bus that carries the words, without it they have to walk, and get very confused on the way." Unknown

"My best friend is a person who will give me a book I have not read." Abraham Lincoln

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;4077923;
    Yes it is, and a thousand times better than the original. One of three songs that make me well up any time I hear them.
    Saw John Cale live. Amazing, haunting and wonderful. Love Jeff Buckley's cover, but Cale owns it. IMHO

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Brandy does have the rumba next week. Margaret would have had it as well.

Tia, I agree with your choices, except I figure whatever dance Florence can bomb at worse to justify booting her the show will give her. I totally see Mike/Karina getting the rumba, just for the whole sex appeal and he can BS his way through it a lot more than the AT and lifting Karina. I also see Bristol getting that dance (not for the sex appeal though, but for the reasons you stated).

Family and friends who were once die hard, never miss an episode fans are quickly bailing on me, if they haven't already. Ratings and watercooler buzz may be up somewhat, but the casting has been a turn off for most of them (including those of us in the key demo ABC wants), as is just the show feeling stale. Same sucky singers, same boneheaded, knows nothing judges, a crap co-host, the dances and choreography are getting dull, and shady politics in keeping people around. It's probably there in the fine print that they can make whatever changes they want to benefit their ratings. It sucks, but that's showbiz.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;4077898;
    This should be about the dancing, period. I'm about to start throwing things over this. Cho is getting screwed royally because of Bristol's ditzy fameball con-artist mom.

Cho really deserved to go....Bristol may not be the best dancer out there or even in the top 5, but she really did do a much better job last night than Cho. Hate her or not, she didn't deserve to leave tonight. Cho did.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4077946;
    Ratings and watercooler buzz may be up somewhat, but the casting has been a turn off for most of them (including those of us in the key demo ABC wants), as is just the show feeling stale. Same sucky singers, same boneheaded, knows nothing judges, a crap co-host, the dances and choreography are getting dull, and shady politics in keeping people around.
    Tonight's show proved that the show has dedicated season 11 to the 18-25 demographic....and it royally stinks (and I'm just out of that demo!). The dance number with Ne-o??? What middle-aged mom listens to this music except at her kids' request? The fact that the most talked about celebs in the Las Vegas package were Mike S and Audrina, the MTV stars??? Even Val and Mark's duel hit the younger sector. Note that they saved Mr. Bolton (and I agree, Jeff Buckley sings that song like no other) for the tail-end of the show right before it wrapped. What a joke the show is even from last season!

How did The Obfuscation get the darn encore? In those 2 minutes, I a) prayed to have those 2 minutes of my life back and b) knew that this season was long gone. There were so many more deserving dancers and celebs.

That aside, Anna and Jonathon were just gorgeous. So beautiful

I was really sad for Margaret. There were two people on that stage who owe her their spots. I'm really glad that she got Louis and some confidence out of this sham.

Truth be told, this thread provided more entertainment and education on Soviet history than either Chmerkovskiy brother could ever try. That's a blatant lie, but thanks for a great read Come back next week!

I'm sure next week will be all about taking Flo down. The next 3 out should be Flo, Bristol, and The Situation but I'm not sold on that happening which is very sad because we should have a decent F6 this season if the best of the bunch make it there. It's shameful that those that deserve it could be taken out for circumstances beyond their control. I'm expecting Palin to make another appearance to save Bristol when show deems it most necessary. If they are set on keeping The Situation and Bristol 2 much better dancers will go. We will know their targets when they start ripping better couples and keep overscoring The Situation. I would bet money he gets at least a 21 next week.

As they want to keep The Situation and Bristol my guess is both get rumba. They will compliment his sexy moves and they can hide both not having the dance ability of others easier in this dance. Add in Mark not being a big guy and Bristol having a few extra pounds and Karina being bigger than The Situation and I can't imagine them getting AT and lifts. I could see them giving Flo rumba based on age but I actually think lifts aside her legs are great and she could possibly due some nice moves which is why they might give her rumba as well, but for a very different reason.

I think all the others can handle both dances and I don't see any of them in any real jeopardy quite yet. My guess is Grey doesn't go back into 1st this week because they want to keep building up how anyone can win so perhaps Brandy goes into 1st, but my guess is a guy does and it's Kurt or Rick. The following week Grey prob goes back into 1st.

FORT Fogey

This season's cast didn't appeal to me much at all so I haven't really tuned in. As it is, the 3 most interesting contestants I would have wanted to watch are now gone. I really don't care much for who remains.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

The whole 'in jeopardy' thing is stupid and pointless. Was it Brooke's idea to skip around or the show's thinking it'd be suspenseful to make every other couple safe? Poor Cheryl, two seasons in a row she didn't get it right (last season she didn't hear them say she was safe, so Chad starting a celebration dance while she stood there looking solemn). Even Maks wondered what the heck was going on. Really happy Brandy, Kurt, and Audrina made it through.

FORT Fogey

I am having a problem staying wth the show for a number of reasons. Derek is the top one. They guy can dance gorgeous, and his choreography is great, but we get it. He is shoved on us so hard that it hurts. I am not surprised though. If anyone watches a soap on ABC their favorites are pushed so hard you cannot even get through an episode anymore.

Secondly, the judges are becoming stale as are the dances. I would love to see them do some different types of dance like they do on SYTYCD. Add some more choreographers to the mix and give the pros more time to just teach the dances not make them up too. As for the judges, it is like you know what they are going to say before the dance is even over. We get the same comments from them every week, and they are getting nastier and nastier.

Tom and Brooke are just not working well together. Tom is fine, but he has to do so much to cover up the horrible hosting of his latest blow up doll host it is ridiculous. Find a female that can actually speak that is not just there for looks. The professional women dancers have enough in that department to go around.

Lastly, cast some stars on the show. This bottom of the barrel casting is horrid. Bristol Palin? Kate Gosselin? Melissa Rycroft? They are barely worthy of being called a star. And than when they really do get stars, they treat they like garbage to probably scare off any other potential good stars they could get.

I know I'm in the minority, but I really enjoyed last night's results show. I'd never hear Ne-Yo sing, but I thought his performance was fun. I liked Mark and Val's battle, it was pretty cool though pointless. I LOVED watching Jonathan and Anna dance around in the smoke, and I thought Michael Bolton sang great. He's not Jeff Buckley, but I don't see where he was awful or anything.

I think Margaret deserved to go last night. She was fun to watch, and pre-season I was sure I would hate her, so that was a pleasant surprise. But, she was not better than Bristol, and she wasn't really better than Mike either. When she was dancing Monday throughout her entire performance I thought she was going to trip over her own feet and fall on her face. I still liked watching her, because she was just so darn adorable doing it, but was she good? No.

I agree that Florence will go next week. Then I'm hoping Mike, then Bristol. That's the order it will be. After that I'm not sure. I really like watching Bristol, I'm behind her having this experience, but that doesn't mean I think she should outlast the should be top 6.

BTW, I'm pretty sure Bristol's 20th birthday is October 18th, which is a performance night. That should be interesting.

+ Reply to Thread