+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: 10/4 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, Bejeweled® 2 Action Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Re: 10/4 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Well, I've been kind of getting behind Cho mostly for Louis' sake, but that dance last night was really, really bad. I feel like it was a big step back from last week (though it got the same scores?). My guess is they'll be the ones going home tonight.

I think Flo will escape this week as a sentimental favourite, and Mike (I'm not calling him the Sit, forget it) should have been scored lower too, but may have a younger audience behind him.

Cho's gonna go, and if not, I'll wax my legs.

(They need it anyhow)

Waiting for my fairytale! FumaLover's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;4077031;
    Rick: Samba. ([I]Heard, on a show today, that Rick and Cheryl may be getting chummier than they should![/I]) Nicely done, but I don't think he needed to open up his shirt. It would have gone fine without that part. The man can dance!
    Regarding the bolded: Rick Fox is dating Eliza Dushku, who has been shown in the audience every week, including last night, where they blew each other kisses after the dance. Doesn't mean he's not sneaking behind her back with Cheryl, but thought it was relevant to point out.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own! - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

It seems that every season (at least the one’s I’ve watched) Cheryl has been ‘linked’ with her partner. I remember the buzz when she danced with Gilles, of course last season with Ochostinko they laid it on pretty thick---doesn’t surprise me the rumours are starting again this year. She has awesome chemistry with her partners, and it doesn’t hurt that she gets the lookers.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders;4077041;
    I loved Audrina's dance the best this week.

I thought Rick was good, but should leave the shirt buttoned.

Also, is Lacey's ass as huge as it looked tonight? Those pants must have added 20 pounds to her ass! Yikes!

IMO, Margaret should go tomorrow night. She seems nice enough, but it just isn't going to happen.
    Word to the bolded. Dude's not in bad shape but he doesn't even have a one-pack, and an unbuttoned shiny shirt over even a slight paunch is just, no.

OTOH, butt-slapping mean personality or not, Maks in his tight shirt, tie, and imitation shoulder holster was all kinds of hot.

I thought Audrina did well technically, but I do find her dancing boring and lacking in any emotion. Hopefully, she'll get better. I just think the dance was overscored.
    Glad that Brandy and Maks did better. I do think Brandy's a diva, but I've never been a fan of Maks. He's just way too full of himself.
    I could have done without Rick taking his shirt off. He's got too much roll around the middle. The dance was OK, but not that great, IMO.
    I thought Margaret did really poorly this week. Just a hot mess. Does anybody know how they managed to cover her arm tats last night? They did a good job of it.
    Enjoyed Kurt. He's got a great personality on the dance floor.
    Who didn't love the Sound of Music and Edelweiss? Glad to see Florence really enjoying herself and Corky toning it down. Could have done without the long liplock at the end. Corky always manages to throw in the skeeve, though, it seems.
    Bristol was not at all good and, sorry, but she really needs to tone her body. She had the baby over a year ago and she's only 19 years old. Get thee to the gym, girl. She just looks like a sack of potatoes on the dance floor.
    I actually enjoy Mike a bit more than her. But, that dance and Karina's makeup / hair were just way too out there. Not a lot of fun at all and I had no idea as to what story they were telling.
    I'm still enjoying Kyle's enthusiasm and engaging manner. He makes Lacey palatable and that's quite a feat, IMO.
    I enjoyed Jennifer and Derek. Yes, her teacher role was overly campy, but she has the most grace and fluidity of all of them.

Brooke, thanks for reminding us, once again, that you danced on this show. I had absolutely no idea.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I loved Kyle and Lacy - gave them 6 of my votes with the rest going to Rick and Cheryl.

Audrina was okay. I didn't understand story with the rest of the dancers. And what's with all the crying? I thought I was watching the elimination portion of the Biggest Loser.

Worst of the night for me were: The Situation, Bristol Palin, Florence Henderson, and Maraget Cho.

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4077503;
    Bristol was not at all good and, sorry, but she really needs to tone her body. She had the baby over a year ago and she's only 19 years old. Get thee to the gym, girl. She just looks like a sack of potatoes on the dance floor.

I'm still enjoying Kyle's enthusiasm and engaging manner. He makes Lacey palatable and that's quite a feat, IMO.
    If we're going to send 19-year old Bristol to a gym, I think 19-year old Kyle should go with her. Just sayin'.

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;4077499;
    Word to the bolded. Dude's not in bad shape but he doesn't even have a one-pack, and an unbuttoned shiny shirt over even a slight paunch is just, no.

OTOH, butt-slapping mean personality or not, Maks in his tight shirt, tie, and imitation shoulder holster was all kinds of hot.
    This is why, if you had a fan club, I'd be your number one fan. I hate to love him.

ETA: I also have to agree with the poster who commented on the lack of emotion in Audrina's dancing. She does the steps well, but like Bristol, there's no emotion behind it. Dance is a performing art which requires both of them to "get into it" as Niecy Nash would say. I do think that, for whatever reason, both of these girls are very reserved, if not, unemotional (not a bad thing), but that doesn't translate well into the drama that can happen on a dancefloor.
    Last edited by veg_out; 10-05-2010 at 03:31 PM.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by RyMac;4077282;
    I enjoyed last night so much more than the first two weeks for the simple fact that for the first time this season it didn't feel like the Jennifer and Derek show. They went first and didn't get top scores. Finally. But he really, REALLY P'd me off with the whole do over thing. That is absolutely not fair. He did it with Nicole last season too, at the finale. You messed up in your dance, get over it! I have never seen another couple who have a mess up go "wait, let us do it again, watch!" I wanted to throw something at the t.v. (and yes, I despise Derek and don't care for Jennifer, but I'd feel the same way if anybody were to do that. It's uncalled for).

As for the rest of them, I liked pretty much everyone. Loved Audrina, but she didn't show as much emotion as I'd hoped. I'm terrified that will bite her in the butt when the heavy emotional dances come around, like paso.

Florence and Margaret didn't do great, but they looked like they were enjoying themselves so much I enjoyed watching them.

I think Mike was overscored like most everyone else, but I actually kind of liked Karina's time travel theme. I'm far from a Karina fan, but I can't fault her for working with what she was given. That was the most terrible Fox Trot song ever.

Kurt and Anna & Rick and Cheryl were great. LOVED them both. Bristol and Mark were meh, but I like that she's trying and she called Mark out on giving her a few seconds of just standing around watching him. Kyle and Lacey were alright, but he is enjoyable to watch as well. Brandy and Maks were better this week. Something about her still rubs me the wrong way though, and I think Maks is unhappy this season. I tend to think it has less to do with his partner and more to do with Karina being back in the ballroom.

I think it'll be Florence tonight.

Hope Chelsie at least gets to come back and dance to Michael's singing.
    I had forgotten all about Jennifer/Derek by the end of the night. Their routine wasn't memorable enough. True, it's easy to forget the first one out of the gate, but I remember Florence easy enough. Florence and Margaret-tough call. I think Florence is sentimental, nostalgic, and has the older contestant that people want to get behind 'just because' going for her. If it's not either of those 2, hopefully it's Mike or Bristol, because no one else deserves to go home. We'll wait and see if Tom says anything on his twitter about tonight being shocking. I do think it'll be one of those 4.

I think Anna/Jonathan are dancing to Michael. They were supposed to dance to Susan Boyle, and Anna's tweet sounded really excited for the song. Eh, I'll take Anna/Jonathan dancing to dead air. Those two and Alec/Edyta are such much fun to watch. Chelsie said she'll be back rehearsing, so I bet she'll return for some pro performances, and of course the finale.

That foxtrot song for Mike/Karina-horrible, horrible choice, but I can kind of see why they gave him that song. However, in no way did that deserve the scores it got, but that's the theme of the season. If there was any backstage drama between Maks/Karina, the tabloids probably would have picked up on it by now, or made something up. Maybe it is Karina, but I think Maks will deal. He said after season 9 he debated whether he wanted to even do that season, but he wasn't going to let her run him off the show. And it could be just politics as usual at DWTS that has him down. It does me Personally, I think everyone was overscored to a point, and I think Kurt/Anna deserved a little higher. Since I feel Brandy and Audrina have already gotten screwed, it evened out for me with the scores they had. Margaret, Mike, and Bristol, were in the 3-5 range for me. Mark's more of a ham and camera hog than Derek, so I don't blame Bristol for telling him she didn't want to stand there while he put the spotlight on himself. I'm glad the judges called them out on the storyline falling flat.

I don't think Maks/Karina have drama going on exactly, just that he'd rather not be around her.

I wondered about the Florence/Margaret question. The reason I say Flo's going is b/c while she has a fan base, I don't know if Corky does. Margaret and Louis both have fan bases, so I think that will carry them through. We'll see. Any of the four you mentioned would be okay with me. I'd be a bit sadder if it were Bristol, as I'd rather see her leave on a bit of a better note, but she surely shouldn't outlast Kurt, Rick, Audrina, Jennifer, Brandy, or Kyle. They should be the top 6 definitely, then it will get very interesting.

to Jonathan/Anna dancing. I love them as well.

+ Reply to Thread