+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 19 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree102Likes

Thread: Ideas to improve the show:

Ideas to improve the show:

So many of us are less than thrilled with things we see that I thought we could vent on this thread.

What would YOU like to see implemented/done away with that would improve the quality of the show???

My answers:

1. Fire Bruno and Carrie Ann
    2. Show them matching pros and celebrities by pulling names out of a hat. (or Project Runway's bag ... or BB's veto bag ... !)
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Re: Ideas to improve the show:

1. Agreed about Bruno and Carrie Ann--both are like sand in my underwear and have worn off any charms they had last season for me. Apart from their status as personalities from this show, are either of them still even choreographing? Looks like their dancing days are far behind them. Replace them on the panel with 2 judges that come from the ballroom world so that Len can have some sanity on the panel--or at least one judge currently working as a choreographer.

2. Relieve Brooke Burke of her co-hosting duties. She's just not getting any better at this thing . . and her dresses keep plunging lower and lower, threatening an indecency lawsuit for ABC. Let her role be taken over and rotated among some of our pros who are not currently in the dancing rotation.

3. Prior to each week's dancing, let there be a pro demonstration of that week's dances and the elements that we should be looking for at home.

4. Let go of this silly obsession with 'lifts'.

5. Please please please do away with the 'fake' in jeopardy/bottom 2. Do they think we are that stupid?
    Last edited by hikari; 10-03-2010 at 12:32 AM.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

1) I won't say fire Bruno just yet. He needs to tone his arrogance and feeling of self-importance down, though. I think getting rid of Tom would do more damage than getting rid of any of the judges or Brooke.

2) Which brings me to...fire Brooke. Watching a waltz is more energetic than her backstage interviews. If she's winging it, they need to have a teleprompter for her to follow. We know she did the show, so she doesn't need to mention it, and she needs to seem more interested in all the couples, not just the ones she likes.

3) Fire CA. She adds nothing. She's not entertaining, she's annoying, Paula Abdul-lite. Her fake tears, thinking her schtick with lifts is entertaining and her thing (when she never brought it up before season 5). It's not cute, and there's too much debate if she "accidentally" doesn't see a lift, or docks a point if she thinks she sees one, or considers it part of the routine. She's not ballroom, she's hip hop. And she's probably more likely to hold a grudge against a pro or celeb than the other two.

4) Make it more of an even playing field. Sure, the Ty Murray's and Jerry Springers can be wonderful, memorable, soft spot contestants. They're a rarity, but it'd be nice for all the celebs to be on more equal footing, so everyone has an equal chance. No more people with the level of dancing Nicole and Mya had. And, since that won't happen, rotate the pros around. Let Jonathan have his Nicole and Derek finally get his Kate. It'd be nice if the show considered that it doesn't revolve, begin and end, live and breathe around certain pros. Julianne left, the show's done fine, getting rid of all the pros probably wouldn't do much ratings damage.

5) Quit making it so predictable. It was obvious last season what was going to happen, just like in season 9, and going into week 3 it seems like a lock for about 5 pros to possibly be in the finals, a couple who might be shocking boots, and the bottom tier who will go next or last longer than they should. Why not let the audience decide for itself, not throw in sob stories and emotional connections to get people to vote, don't have the judges overhype/overscore a dance because that couple is one of the chosen ones (especially if it's not the best).

6) Can we get rid of Design a Dance already? And the Macy's Stars of Dance?

7) Forget stunt casting from the JS, and celebs children/ex-spouses/mistresses. Can't they find just as ratings worthy contestants that aren't cringe worthy?

8) I heard that they're going to bring in past contestants to guest judge this season to make the 200th episode. Don't make the 4 judges deal stick, and bring in people who aren't named Cloris Leachman and Jeffrey Ross (I could take Kenny Mayne though).

9) Change the dance order up, don't put so much emphasis on the freestyle (because really? It's not that exciting, most fall flat, and I know they'd like to really believe that decides the winner), add better ballroom dance styles, and don't have a couple do 4 latin dances in a row. They should alternate each week, even if it's uneven on each side.

10) Have the judges give actual constructive criticism. I'm sure Bruno can still work in some airy fairy reference along with it, and CA can cry her fake croc tears. But if they don't, can the couples start dishing it back to them? It's easy for the judges to take it when they aren't getting called out on their comments. And instead of giving 7s, 8s, and 9s in the first 3 weeks, why not make them really work for it?

I love all the suggestions so far, but am holding fast to wanting Bruno gone as well. This is meant to be a family show. if we wanted bullying we'd go back to grammar school. CA needs to go quickly. Really - what IS it with CA and her lift police? Please.... What a dumb thing to have as your claim to fame. And no more Brooke. No more Samantha, either. If ABC reads one thread here, let it be this one. For every comment written, there are plenty of people out there just thinking the same thing.

Hey - how about having CA and Bruno perform each dance at the start of the show to show us how it's supposed to be done? I'd even watch the show again!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LuvThisStuf!;4075727;
    Hey - how about having CA and Bruno perform each dance at the start of the show to show us how it's supposed to be done? I'd even watch the show again!!!
    I was just thinking the same thing!!! I was about to type in to make CA and Bruno perform each dance to show how it's 'supposed' to be done---but I was thinking more along the lines that then the producers would have to get rid of them because we'd see how litttle they really know about this style of dancing!

IF they could actually DO the dances it would certainly be entertaining to watch. And we'd know that they know more of what they're spouting off about if they'd had to actually learn the dances.

Now that I think about it.... it would be VERY entertaining to watch a segment showing someone tough like Maks making CA toe the line and really learn her dance! Maybe we'd see some real tears from her then,haha. Oh, yeah, I'd watch THAT: 'Tough (shirtless) Maks' making Carrie Ann actually cry. Ratings bonanza ABC-- listen up!

Even better! Having a pro teach Bruno & CA! I would love to see Maks teach CA! Who do you think would be right for Bruno???

And by the way......

Karina to whip Bruno into shape...
    better yet let's get a couple of BALLROOM experts instead of Bruno and CA. Most of the Stars are rank novices and that's the charm of the show...which the PROS and the judges would do well to remember.

Quote Originally Posted by LuvThisStuf!;4076166;
    Even better! Having a pro teach Bruno & CA! I would love to see Maks teach CA! Who do you think would be right for Bruno???

And by the way......
    Thanks for the welcome!,LuvThisStuf---but actually I've been on here for a few years. My account got messed up when they made some changes recently, so I just started a new account and added a '1' after my old name. But I appreciate the 'welcome' anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by Ruffian;4076226;
    Karina to whip Bruno into shape...
    better yet let's get a couple of BALLROOM experts instead of Bruno and CA. Most of the Stars are rank novices and that's the charm of the show...which the PROS and the judges would do well to remember.
    OH YEAHHHH!!! Karina in all her cranky glory to whip Bruno into shape!!
    I think we've figured out an interesting way to keep this show:
    A-LIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mom2;4075333;
    2. Show them matching pros and celebrities by pulling names out of a hat. (or Project Runway's bag ... or BB's veto bag ... !)
    I definitely want to see this, I'm tired of seeing the same pro's making it to the finals, and some of the other pros get stuck with people that obviously wouldn't make it far and or aren't as "popular" as the others... there's a lot of ways you can dice it, so can we please get a live name pulling/partner matching to reveal the new cast!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 19 1234567891011 ... LastLast