+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819
Like Tree102Likes

Thread: Ideas to improve the show:

Re: Ideas to improve the show:

One more thing in my rant: quit changing the rules as the season goes on. As in: now we'll have a dance-off. Oh wait - a relay dance. The bottom 2 are real. No they're fake. The choreography has to be the style they're assigned. Unless we decide to let a couple get by with a different dance. And as for lifts, CA's saying "I'm not called lifts this week." What the heck!

Fans don't like to be jerked around with no idea what to expect. And, ABC, PLEASE don't say you changed the rules because we the fans were devastated that Sabrina Bryan "left before her time." Trust me, I've yet to hear anyone say that. (ever.) Occasionally my favorite isn't America's favorite and they leave early despite being, imo, the better and more entertaining dancer. That's life and we get over it. It doesn't justify ABC trying to rig the show and change things to get the outcome they want.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Get rid of Brooke, bring back Carson.

Get rid of Carrie Ann, bring back Donnie Burns.

Don't give a couple the same telephone number through out the season. It should be the number according to their dance order. I believe Bristol benefited from this. People didn't have to watch the show, they could just call in with their votes using the same number. I think the football players also benefit from this as well.
    ness, AZChristian and jucamer like this.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post

Hey . . .

What can I tell ya?

The "judges" and TPTB on this show REALLY bake my cookies when they try to play ALL of us off as The Great Unwashed Stupids. ESPECIALLY since it's people like US all across this country (whether or not we happen to be in total agreement all the time on the dancers and/or dances) that've kept this sucker alive & kickin' for 14 seasons!

Don't spit in my face and try to tell me you did it 'cause you thought I needed a facial!

Please.

Well . . . there you go again . . . being all shy and timid. I dont know what I'm going to do to get you out of your shell.
    karalott, ness and AZChristian like this.

Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl View Post
    Get rid of Brooke, bring back Carson.

Get rid of Carrie Ann, bring back Donnie Burns.

Don't give a couple the same telephone number through out the season. It should be the number according to their dance order. I believe Bristol benefited from this. People didn't have to watch the show, they could just call in with their votes using the same number. I think the football players also benefit from this as well.
    That's actually a very good idea( one of a few I agree with) if you are not watching the damn show, why are you voting.With a different phone number, they would at least have to watch, ( maybe)
    ness and DancingDad like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Actually, probably not - at least now with the internet. Dance order would get it out - as it has forever. Once you know the main number, all you need is the final few digits, which you would get as soon as you know the order they are dancing.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I don't know how this would work, or if it would in fact make things worse, but here's a suggestion about giving so many 10s: maybe they could only allow a certain number of 10s per couple in a season. Now, I know the judges would still make a point to say they'd give them a 10 if they could but they can't, but unless you're Gilles Marini, Mya, or Nicole Scherzinger, I don't think any couple if 10 worthy, let alone by week 3, and to be getting them practically all season. And even with those 3, I'd rather the judges say 'hey, you're good, but we want to see if you can do better, or keep it up'. I don't know, I'm just tired of the 9 and 10 paddles continually being held up by the 2 bookends on the judging panel, and Len seems to be getting soft. It's just so meaningless, and the celebrations in the celebquarium have gotten old. People were more subdued in the early seasons, when 10s and perfect scores were much more rare. Especially when it's the same couples getting them. We get it.
    One more thing in my rant: quit changing the rules as the season goes on. As in: now we'll have a dance-off. Oh wait - a relay dance. The bottom 2 are real. No they're fake. The choreography has to be the style they're assigned. Unless we decide to let a couple get by with a different dance. And as for lifts, CA's saying "I'm not called lifts this week." What the heck!

Fans don't like to be jerked around with no idea what to expect. And, ABC, PLEASE don't say you changed the rules because we the fans were devastated that Sabrina Bryan "left before her time." Trust me, I've yet to hear anyone say that. (ever.) Occasionally my favorite isn't America's favorite and they leave early despite being, imo, the better and more entertaining dancer. That's life and we get over it. It doesn't justify ABC trying to rig the show and change things to get the outcome they want.
    Could not agree more If they cared that much about Sabrina, they would have brought the dance off back and kept it, rather than adding it here and there, and only when they seem to want it. Same with the relay, insta-dances, marathon dances, and every other thing they've thrown in. So I don't know why they treat her as the most shocking moment ever martyr. I feel like they make this show up as they go along, and since they see how fans are voting, they can add things or take things out if they feel it will affect their chosen ones.

After the finale last night, I really think they need to retire some of the seasoned pros for awhile, and make it more celeb centered. I don't see Peta dancing around Donald and making it about herself, but last season, I might have agreed. Granted, Ron Artest had the dancing skills of Master P, but I thought Peta did nothing with that routine. I would have thought Ron choreographed it himself. I think she's proven herself with Donald, and breathed new life into the freestyle round. Cheryl has just gotten boring. With the right partner, I think she's still the Cheryl that joined the show in season 2. But overall, I think she needs a season off or needs some early exits. That freestyle was, as Len said, boring and predictable.

+ Reply to Thread