Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819 LastLast
Like Tree102Likes

Thread: Ideas to improve the show:

Re: Ideas to improve the show:

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    LOL

ness is way too timed.Right ness?
    Yup!!!

We do what we can in this hard, cold world!
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    Ness, don't hold back next time.

Hey . . .

What can I tell ya?

The "judges" and TPTB on this show REALLY bake my cookies when they try to play ALL of us off as The Great Unwashed Stupids. ESPECIALLY since it's people like US all across this country (whether or not we happen to be in total agreement all the time on the dancers and/or dances) that've kept this sucker alive & kickin' for 14 seasons!

Don't spit in my face and try to tell me you did it 'cause you thought I needed a facial!

Please.

karalott, ilja and jucamer like this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    An idea to improve the show - IMHO - is whenever a pro wins a season, they take a break and become a sideliner/fill-in for a full season. Not only does this allow for another pro to win with their dancer, it also rests up the pro so they do not risk burning out.

Also - they need to make sure all the pros get their fair share of challenge dancers. While I know we'd love to see our favorite dancer be in the final three year after year after year, it does get boring and irritating if we feel and think they're always getting ringers. Now if say Derek got a ringer one year, then say a Cloris Leachman the next year, but STILL gets her to the final three? - yeah I'd be all for it. I'm not saying that they shouldn't be in the final three year after year; however, I think we should see people get a mixed bag on tough celebrity dancers and then those who have at least had some dancing so we keep guessing instead of playing "Well it's obvious they're trying to make sure so and so at least has a good shot at being in the final three... again."

Oh and yes I'm on the same boat as Ness in that they need to change out the judges (at least Carrie Ann and to a lesser extent Bruno or Len) and throw out Judge saves - period.
    I agree with this oh, so much!

I'd even take it a step further and have two full contingents of pros... there are two seasons a year and each pro only gets to do one of those seasons.
    The biggest problem with this show as a competition show (though it's touted as an entertainment show) is that people are fans of the pros! It's a natural thing... the pros are the same every season pretty much so they have become the regulars and are the DWTS's true stars. The stars are constantly changing so no one gets invested in them right away except through who they are dancing with. In my mind, it would be great if the pros could be on a constant rotating basis, but it will never happen. The execs know that this show has become it's own animal... and if fans follow pros, than there is their ratings.
    You rotate out pros, and you lose fans. You keep the same star pros, and you have a competition show that isn't. It can't go both ways, unfortunately.

As for the judges, why don't they just put three execs on the panel anyways? The judges are just their puppets with some credentials to give them credibiliity. It's nonsense. I hardly watched this season, and I didn't comment becuase I found most of the comments were just repetitive stuff about the pros...
    Last edited by spockwhat; 05-17-2012 at 07:13 AM.
    karalott and ness like this.

This show IMHO is becoming stale. Brooke has got to be replaced. Her "interviews" are about as substantial as that you would get from a 5th grader except she is wearing realy high heels and some strange dresses.
    The 3 stooges they call jusges need to GO...GO...GO! Giving 8's & 9's the very first week set them up for the flack they are now receiving from their viewers. There wasn't any "wiggle room" after that. The only person they should/need to keep is Tom.
    The pros...I don't know...I mean I mainly watch for Maks but in all honesty the 3 buffons will never allow him to win. I think even if he had Nicole as a partner several years ago he still would have lost & quite frankly she was the best pro dancer the show ever had. Her AT was the best.
    Mark & Derek have gotten on my very last nerve. They come on, I switch.
    Give us Louie, Paula Abdul & ok you can keep Len. Replace Brooke with Carson & I will continue to watch...next season....not this season.
    GO D.D. but this season was set-up for Katherine.
    karalott, ness and jucamer like this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    The 3 stooges they call jusges need to GO...GO...GO!
    And this sung in Alexandra's "Go, Go, Go" song from the "America's Next Top Model All-Stars" cycle - which I did like and it fits so well with the way I feel about the judges.

I think Len would lighten up more personally if he didn't have such buffoons on the panel. He is just so much funnier with the "DanceCenter" guys because he doesn't have to compete against the Lift Patrol (who even thinks a sliver that only a piece of paper could fit under the foot and floor a lift) and someone who thinks he's on a theatrical stage with how he projects his voice and uses his hands.
    karalott and ness like this.

Just wondering if ABC reads this thread. If so, let me say that I've quit watching the show after following it for all these years. They need new judges! The judging is inconsistent to the point that even those of us who don't dance can see it.

They need more transparency in the voting. HOW many votes for whom? Also, the fakebottom two only seems to serve to pump up those who had a bad week with the fans. Not really fair for ABC to do that in a "competition."

They need to stop trying to "pimp" those who they assume will be our favorites. William turned out to be a credible dancer but the whole, "WOOO WOO! He's sexy!" hype rammed down my throat turned me off early on.

They need to find a way to curb the injuries. This is getting insane. This is a silly dance show and not worth anyone getting incapacitated. I thought lifts were prohibited in most cases because of the risk of injury. But as time has gone on, there seems to be a need to push harder, top last season and do more dances. It's one thing for the pros who are athletes trained for this. It's another thing for a talk show host, for example. Why should there be so many dances? Why not have a break mid-season as Maks suggested. I know I would watch that week if the pros put on a great exibition of each style of dance.

Anyway, I'm done. It's just not fun anymore.
    karalott, ness and PA Snow Bunny like this.

When ABC did the ice skating show I don't recall any of them attempting triple axels or extreme & difficult lifts. What really started to turn me against the judges on this show, especially Carrie Ann was when Derek carried Nicole after he thoought the song had ended & she went off on the lift being done with 1 note left which could not be heard through the applause.
    I guiltly admit I watch for Maks & Maks alone.
    karalott, ness and jucamer like this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I agree with others who have said that once a pro dancer wins, they need to sit out for a season.

It would be nice to let the pros get their pick of stars in reverse order of how they went out the season before. So, for example, if Tristan and his star are out the first week of competition, next season he should be the first pro to choose which star he's going to work with.

Maybe for one season they should try rotating pros each week just to see how it goes. That way each star would get a chance to work with different pros.

I do wish the total scores for each star, including audience voting, was given each week. I'd like to know how far apart the couples are in scores.

Personally, I think the audience should be more respectful when the judges are giving their critiques. I hate it when the audience boos a judge while they're trying to give an honest, but unpopular, evaluation or when the audience won't stop hooting and hollering when it's the judges' turn to talk. If the audience disagrees with the judges, they can let it be known by voting for the star they want to save. It just wastes time trying to quiet the audience down so the judges can talk.

I do think something needs to be done about the amount of injuries. They're obviously pushing the stars too hard too fast. If they had more time to tone up and didn't do such risky moves, there wouldn't be so many injuries.

Personally, I think the audience should be more respectful when the judges are giving their critiques. I hate it when the audience boos a judge while they're trying to give an honest, but unpopular, evaluation or when the audience won't stop hooting and hollering when it's the judges' turn to talk. If the audience disagrees with the judges, they can let it be known by voting for the star they want to save. It just wastes time trying to quiet the audience down so the judges can talk.
    I mute it. I cant handle the stupid booing before they even really talk. It's ridiculous & I don't know who encourages it, it doesn't affect who I vote for, anymore than the judges do.
    ness likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

3 things to improve the show: Get rid of the judges.

Their obvious/blatant favoritism is annoying and unfair, CA and Bruno don't even critique properly, both CA and bruno over the top antics are really stupid/annoying, even Len has doesn't even critique as well as before, he nitpicks on one couple about not doing a certain dance but overlooks a dance that wasn't done properly only when it comes to a pro/star he likes.

Since they're doing an AS edition I wonder we could get the judges to be replace with guest judges who have appeared on the show before.

+ Reply to Thread