+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819 LastLast
Like Tree102Likes

Thread: Ideas to improve the show:

Re: Ideas to improve the show:

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I thought Samantha was bad, but Brooke makes her look like Christiane Amanpour.
    LMAO!!
    Fanny Mare likes this.

I always wonder if there is a guy, holding up a sign that says "okay boo now "! just like the applause sign. It annoys the hell out of me as well

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I always wonder if there is a guy, holding up a sign that says "okay boo now "! just like the applause sign. It annoys the hell out of me as well
    I wonder the same thing. I actually have a friend who was able to get tickets and go two weeks ago to the result show. I'm going to ask her if they do that.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

FORT Fogey

If they want to be able to get more higher caliber stars why not just do a one time thing where the winner gets an amount for charity? They could still have a season, still have us vote, but have the star only appear on one show and one result show, and than instead of paying D-list stars a salary for months of work, they could pay better stars a one time fee for charity with the winner getting the biggest amount. Than each week they have like four or five stars compete in two dances each, and choose a winner than the next week four or five new stars. I think they could get bigger stars to sign on for a few weeks of training and a week of show versus months and months of training and shows.

To be fair with the pros they could have the stars choose out of a hat whom they get from all the available pros they have. Once a pro is used, they have to go through the rest of the names before that one could be used again.

The judges could just critique like SYTYCD, and the winner would be chosen by us.

FORT Fogey

Yes, please have the judges critique only, no scoring! I think the idea for $$ for charity would get top celebs, even if it was 4-6 weeks with fewer celebs...and 2 different "seasons" then have the top 2 from each group compete for the finale mirrorball trophy?

Or even each week they stay they get another amount for their charity? The top vote getter each week gets an amount? Kind of like Top Chef Masters?

Get. Rid. Of. Ca.

Quote Originally Posted by Bet2Win View Post
    Get. Rid. Of. Ca.
    I second this!
    karalott, Florimel and Coco46 like this.

There are two trends in this show that are crossing and have now crashed:

1. Stars are working harder and harder to perfect dances, with higher and higher expectations.

2. The judge's comments and scores are getting more and more flipant, less connected to reality.

Hope's outbursts are the tip of the iceberg as to what will happen if this trend continues--stars really working hard only to be subjected to pre-determined comedy sound bites instead of fair, meaningful comments and scores. This not only makes the show unpleasant to watch, it discourages stars from going on the show. Really, you have to wonder why anyone goes on this show knowing the physical pain they endure, only to be further punished by ranting judges.

The producers need to reestablish some respect for the judges. As mentioned, the boos need to stop. Len is the only judge that retains any measure of respect. New judges need to be highly respected, not someone best known for a whacky personality.

Judging is going to drive this show into the ground if not addressed.
    karalott and Coco46 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by RickiRick View Post
    There are two trends in this show that are crossing and have now crashed:

1. Stars are working harder and harder to perfect dances, with higher and higher expectations.

2. The judge's comments and scores are getting more and more flipant, less connected to reality.

Hope's outbursts are the tip of the iceberg as to what will happen if this trend continues--stars really working hard only to be subjected to pre-determined comedy sound bites instead of fair, meaningful comments and scores. This not only makes the show unpleasant to watch, it discourages stars from going on the show. Really, you have to wonder why anyone goes on this show knowing the physical pain they endure, only to be further punished by ranting judges.

The producers need to reestablish some respect for the judges. As mentioned, the boos need to stop. Len is the only judge that retains any measure of respect. New judges need to be highly respected, not someone best known for a whacky personality.

Judging is going to drive this show into the ground if not addressed.

But that's the thing, the judges' comments are allowed, if not sometimes prompted/suggested, by the producers, IMO. That, and the editing, is why it's in the reality show catagory. The reality is that they have hours and hours of footage and can choose what they want to show. They have a 'story line' and use it to paint the pictures they want us to see. As we have seen, they can even flip it as the show progresses. The dancing ability of the star is the only thing they can't manipulate - except give one a rotten song and another a great one. I hold the producers at fault and I no longer enjoy the show they offer me.

Seem to me that unless the producers change their concept of the show, there will be no improvement.

FORT Fogey

I think the show has just gotten old. The things they do to revamp the show like theme weeks and new sets are just not important enough changes to carry the show forward. CA was ok when the show was starting out, and they probably did not want to hire some higher caliber judges, but the show is a hit so lets get some better judges. I also think since it is not called Ballroom dancing with the stars that they should include other types of dance. Give a score for entertainment value as well. I hate when Len states he hates the messing about, this is not a serious dance contest we need to be entertained. Seeing people going through the steps gets stale after awhile.

+ Reply to Thread