+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast
Like Tree102Likes

Thread: Ideas to improve the show:

FORT Fanatic

Re: Ideas to improve the show:

Does anyone remember the first one or two seasons and the reactions of the judges? I have to say that I don't. I don't remember if the judges were
    as dramatic, if Bruno felt compelled to stand and "put on a show" for viewers, if the dancers took criticism seriously enough to try it, if there was an
    obvious 'ringer'. If so, when did the changes begin, and why? I'm being totally honest with this because maybe someone can explain the changes, if
    indeed there are any.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by mslady View Post
    Does anyone remember the first one or two seasons and the reactions of the judges? I have to say that I don't. I don't remember if the judges were
    as dramatic, if Bruno felt compelled to stand and "put on a show" for viewers, if the dancers took criticism seriously enough to try it, if there was an
    obvious 'ringer'. If so, when did the changes begin, and why? I'm being totally honest with this because maybe someone can explain the changes, if
    indeed there are any.
    I don't remember the judges being this bad, show boaty, and bias in the early seasons. I want to say maybe around season 5 or 6, and it's just gotten worse after every season. Why the changes? Probably producer prodding. At the time, AI was more of a powerhouse to compete with and DWTS was still in it's prime. The highest ratings came around season 4 and 5 for our show, and then started going down. Anyway, we know AI had a wacky dynamic on their show with Paula, Simon, and Ryan. It's one reason I used to skip past those parts. The producers had said before they encourage the couples to stand up to the judges if they don't like their criticism and basically pick a fight (much like Maks finally did to CA last season). Karina mentioned during season 4, after Bruno gave Billy Ray a smackdown on his dance, he tried apologizing after the fact, saying it was all for TV, but Billy Ray would have none of it. Some I'm sure the producers just want the judges to be zany, because CA can be just as bad at getting out of her seat, waving her arms like a cheerleader, and calling the contestants up to the table to smooch them.

Speaking of cranky judges, Mark claims Len came up after the show last night and told him he actually enjoyed the dance. I wonder if it's the pro doing it more than the actual dance Derek's gone, so Mark's it for them. I think they're going out their way to ensure a wide open field but it'll get more obvious as the couples get booted what the intent is on who's winning. Len usually is the odd man out if he really doesn't like something and CA and Bruno tag team against him. He eventually comes around.

I think it's safe to say there are people out there in America who can sing. On key, no less. Please, please, please hire them to replace the dreadful singers currently performing.

Never do this theme again. Or at the very least dial back a bit. Sometimes less is more. Good thing the confetti machines didn't malfunction during any dancers, or we would have had fog machine-gate and then confetti gate.

Get rid of Brooke.

Tom is sooooo good at his hosting, I wish DWTS producers would take pity on the side kick and not give them such stupid parts. I think they are scripting Brooke into looking bad, as they did with the others who tried to do this side of it. There has not been anyone in this role that did a good job, counting two females and one male! Sorry, it is a patsy's job!!!!!!!!!!

Make the dance music fit the dance!!!!

Suitable music....it would be so different and new and exciting!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    Never do this theme again. Or at the very least dial back a bit. Sometimes less is more. Good thing the confetti machines didn't malfunction during any dancers, or we would have had fog machine-gate and then confetti gate.

Get rid of Brooke.
    Get rid of Brooke is right, she is so dull and that voice is monotone. She drives me crazy

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post

Get rid of Brooke.
    I would be happy if they got rid of this theme permanently, but if they must bring it back, how hard would it be to pick more appropriate music and dance choices? Why not a jive to "Surfin' USA"(Beach Boys) or a cha cha to "Living in America" (James Brown)? If I can come up with 2 off the top of my head, why couldn't the producers do a better job? As great as last week's classical theme was, this week was an epic fail.

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat View Post
    I would be happy if they got rid of this theme permanently, but if they must bring it back, how hard would it be to pick more appropriate music and dance choices? Why not a jive to "Surfin' USA"(Beach Boys) or a cha cha to "Living in America" (James Brown)? If I can come up with 2 off the top of my head, why couldn't the producers do a better job? As great as last week's classical theme was, this week was an epic fail.
    Oooo, i like that!

It comes down to how much money they decide to spend on licensing. For theme weeks, they should just spend more.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Billy Ray Cyrus did a samba to Living in America back in season 4. I think that might have been his last dance. While I doubt the singers would be any better singing it now than they were then, whoever dances to it probably would be

I think Patriotic/All-American night sounded like a good idea on paper (it wouldn't have to me, but I guess that's the producers thinking), but it didn't seem executed very well. In fact, it just seemed like a really odd, misplaced theme. Even though Viva Las Vegas would fit the mold, I felt that song was out of place last night with the rest. The way they went overboard with everything reminded me of something I'd see on an old episode of The Simpsons. I just don't see the need for theme weeks, and I always worry what the producers will do to top themselves next time.

Maks said a mouthful when he said they weren't getting a traditional foxtrot song and he didn't quite know how to present it.

+ Reply to Thread