+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 130

Thread: 9/28 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

  1. #71
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    280

    Re: 9/28 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    I still want someone on Twitter to ask Chelsie, Tom B and Carrie Ann just how Michael was supposed to do his 7PM CST concert in Omaha next Monday night if he had made it through.

    I still call BS - and manipulation! :nono

  2. #72
    *Until Next Season...* karalott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Posts
    17,606

    Re: 9/28 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;4072306;
    I don't know it, and I'm going to keep insisting so. I'm enjoying Jennifer and her story, and I don't see that she's done anything to deserve scorn. And Derek can't help it if he's twice the choreographer of most of the other pro's.

    Here's to another trophy, held just high enough.
    Or as high as Mark can hoist him up And high enough to keep it away from Jennifer.

    Okay, so a few of us see it And I'll keep saying, of course Derek can be the choreographer he is when he keeps getting the partners he does. Anyone can choreograph routines like he has if they got Brooke, Kim, Joanna, Nicole, and now Jennifer, instead of Susan, Kathy, Kate, Denise, Macy, Monica, etc. The show loves him and it's obvious. At least to me

  3. #73
    FORT Fogey ChelsieFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,996

    Re: 9/28 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Gee...that was exciting. NOT. I also don't buy The Situation being in B2. They want to boost his votes. What would we ever do if he actually went home within next 2 or 3 weeks as he should.

  4. #74
    FORT Fogey ChelsieFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,996

    Re: 9/28 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by TiaMaria62;4072320;
    I still want someone on Twitter to ask Chelsie, Tom B and Carrie Ann just how Michael was supposed to do his 7PM CST concert in Omaha next Monday night if he had made it through.

    I still call BS - and manipulation! :nono
    If he has a concert next Monday during taping why is he even on the show? That makes no sense.

  5. #75
    Lux et Veritas chrisg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,643

    Re: 9/28 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery;4072315;
    Michael got voted off....can we all get together and PROTEST....I think one judge was very unfair to him and it didn't give him a fair chance
    He was probably going to go anyway, BF. Either he or Florence Henderson. Bruno was totally rude though.

    I remember one of the judges saying something else was the worst they'd ever seen, before. Either Bruno or Len. The season before last, I think.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

  6. #76
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    280

    Re: 9/28 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by ChelsieFan;4072325;
    If he has a concert next Monday during taping why is he even on the show? That makes no sense.
    Yep - apparently it's been on his schedule for quite some time. And as of today they were still selling tickets (before his elimination).

    Soooooo, how were they going to handle that - on Performance Night?

    I'm calling a foul (or something smells foul - and it's not the floor).

    Michael Bolton Tour Dates - Michael Bolton Concert Schedule | Eventful

  7. #77
    *Until Next Season...* karalott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Posts
    17,606

    Re: 9/28 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by ChelsieFan;4072316;
    I don't fault Grey for being on show. It's a nice opportunity for her and God knows show has had plenty of ringers before her. The struggle I have is that Derek gets them. A lot. He followed up perhaps the biggest ringer in Nicole last season with this season's biggest ringer in Grey. If he had Kate and then Grey it would be fair. If he had Nicole and then Cho people wouldn't complain but he has yet to get a huge clunker. He could be the best teacher and choreographer on the planet and he wouldn't have been able to help Kate. It's not fair to the other pros either. He's a shoo-in for finale once again. Only way he loses is if they suffer ringer and Derek backlash.
    I don't fault Jennifer for doing the show, just like I don't have a problem with Bristol or Mike saying yes, either. Doesn't mean I have to like them being there, but I'd say they were crazy to pass the opporunity up. What you said above is my big issue, every season. Derek keeps getting lucky, and no wonder he keeps getting the praise. His partner's have no obvious flaws, or if they do, they're small enough so that the judges can overlook them. Even Mark and Julianne suffered duds and clashed with some of their partners. I'm sure next season, Mark will get the top pick. I didn't like Derek's rant on twitter about "losing it for them" after getting booted season 9. "Them" has won more seasons of this show all together. Derek said himself last season that they got 6, now they needed Julianne to come back so they could each get their third trophy. It's time for some new pros to get that chance, and get it fairly.

    Anyway, I really can't wait until Mike, Karina, and their smug little faces get booted.

    So next week will be interesting. I think Brandy, Kurt, Jennifer, and Rick are sitting pretty, probably Kyle and Audrina. Might be the end of the road for Florence.

    And they need to not let Lacey choreography anymore pros numbers. The opening number she did for season 9 was pitiful (and paled compared to Louis's), and tonight's was no better.
    Last edited by karalott; 09-28-2010 at 10:13 PM.

  8. #78
    Lux et Veritas chrisg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,643

    Re: 9/28 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4072309;
    Maks/Tony are such good friends, I'm glad they get to do the show together. That seems like such a man's thing to do.
    I love Maks and Tony. And Maks and Tony together. It makes total sense that they're such good friends.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

  9. #79
    Magical Elf MFWalkoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    17,369

    Re: 9/28 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4072330;
    I don't fault Jennifer for doing the show, just like I don't have a problem with Bristol or Mike saying yes, either. Doesn't mean I have to like them being there, but I'd say they were crazy to pass the opporunity up. What you said above is my big issue, every season. Derek keeps getting lucky, and no wonder he keeps getting the praise. His partner's have no obvious flaws, or if they do, they're small enough so that the judges can overlook them. Even Mark and Julianne suffered duds and clashed with some of their partners. I'm sure next season, Mark will get the top pick. I didn't like Derek's rant on twitter about "losing it for them" after getting booted season 9. "Them" has won more seasons of this show all together. Derek said himself last season that they got 6, now they needed Julianne to come back so they could each get their third trophy. It's time for some new pros to get that chance, and get it fairly.

    Anyway, I really can't wait until Mike, Karina, and their smug little faces get booted.
    Here's what I'm wondering -- is it possible that the pro's are aware of the roles that the show seems to be giving them, and they just accept it? Does Louie know that he's always going to get the "brassy broad" and Maks is going to get someone who will give him a hard time, and Tony is just a plain nice guy so maybe he probably gets whoever is left over each season?

    Maybe they know the deck is slightly stacked, if only because the show has gotten too predictable trying to match the personalities of the stars with the pros? Or maybe some of the pros actually prefer the kind of stars they get, because they simply like to teach dance and have fun on TV, and honestly don't care as much about that tacky $19.95 trophy?

    Just a thought I had...
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

  10. #80
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    280

    Re: 9/28 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;4072342;
    Here's what I'm wondering -- is it possible that the pro's are aware of the roles that the show seems to be giving them, and they just accept it? Does Louie know that he's always going to get the "brassy broad" and Maks is going to get someone who will give him a hard time, and Tony is just a plain nice guy so maybe he probably gets whoever is left over each season?

    Maybe they know the deck is slightly stacked, if only because the show has gotten too predictable trying to match the personalities of the stars with the pros? Or maybe some of the pros actually prefer the kind of stars they get, because they simply like to teach dance and have fun on TV, and honestly don't care as much about that tacky $19.95 trophy?

    Just a thought I had...
    I don't know. They ARE also professional dancers and teachers. I would think their pride and reputations would factor in somehow. Even if they were getting paid major bucks to continuously take the back seat, I don't know if they would agree to something like that.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.