+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: 9/28 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 9/28 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Wow, I never thought of Mick Jagger as an ugly, old guy.
    That guy exuded sex appeal both on and off the stage. He was riveting.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4072699;
    I am hoping that Bruno does move over to Fox.
    His verbal outburst this week was designed to garner him sound bite attention and, once again, make the show about him.
    Was Michael a good dancer? No.
    But, demoralizing and denigrating someone like that is just counterproductive.
    It's obvious that MB has no natural dancing ability, whatsoever.
    I do think he tried very hard, but he just couldn't do it.
    I'd love for Bruno to have to go the same route - have a judge weigh in on his efforts at trying his hand at singing. :nono
    Can he take CA with him? Then we can get Mel B, Lil Kim, Drew Lachey, or some other formers in there to judge that went through the process. Or Len can judge solo. I think he can do it. None of them have ballroom experience, but neither do Bruno or CA. I'm wondering if he'll get a talking to about the Fox comment. I doubt ABC cares about the controversy. It's ratings and buzz for them in what I think has been one of the lower seasons on the radar, except for Bristol, Mike, and Jennifer (and all her references I see are about her cancer scare and DD).

And was last night the real bottom 2? I didn't hear Tom say it wasn't, but he seemed rushed at the end.
    Last edited by karalott; 09-29-2010 at 04:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;4072751;
    you lost me right after former singing star and "sex symbol" in his day ......really? I was around back then, was he really a sex symbol?? He always looked like an old ugly man, ala Mick Jagger.
    I know it may be hard to believe, but yes, Michael Bolton in the 80's was considered (probably mostly by middle-aged women) to be very sexy; even his long ratty (IMO) hair was part of his "virility". I am embarrassed to admit that I am old enough to remember, and while I never found him all that attractive myself, I was a fan of his singing, and even have one of his CDs.

And Mick Jagger? Again, old enough to remember the days when he was considered super sexy. (I once saw him in a club, probably 25-30 years ago, and he was tiny!)

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4072759;
    Wow, I never thought of Mick Jagger as an ugly, old guy.

That guy exuded sex appeal both on and off the stage. He was riveting.
    Mick was sexy, there was just something about the way he strutted around on that stage that made a girl want to be bad right with him even if was just for one night heeeheee. He was a bit before my time but there are videos and he definitely would have done it for me.

Bolton never gave me that same sort of reaction, he was always too hmmm controlled? Stiff? Not really sure how to describe it other than he was just too plain vanilla for me to ever get excited over.

I still maintain that Bruno's comments were a combination of being annoyed with MB over his obvious lack of trying, he walked around the stage! Didn't even move his arms! His treatment of Chelsie and being encouraged by the producers to give them one-liners to create a buzz.

He did what he was told to do.

I find CA's comments funny. When she starts on about toe pointing, carriage, extensions, I start laughing because seriously? Who is she to even comment on that? It would be like one of us sitting up there doing it (those with zero ballroom experience), absolutely no creditability.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

I thought some of Mick Jagger's songs were incredibly sexy, the man himself I really never thought much about. I always considered rock stars carriers of STD's and someone you would want to avoid in that way.. I mean sleeping with thousands of women is just a turnoff....but then again, I suppose with that caveat he must have had many women who thought he was most appealing, lol. Loved a lot of the Stone's songs for sure. Sympathy for the Devil was nearly a rock legend in musical terms. The title is scary but the song is about how sneaky the devil is and how he worms himself into everything, brilliant lyrics. I always viewed Jagger as an "event", not so much as a person, he was a whole scenario, a conglomerate, a corporation!!

Couldn't stand Bruno before this debacle ... he's way too in love with the sound of his voice and dramatics. In my opinion, to give someone like Michael Bolton, a real star, who spent time with his partner and worked his tail end off even though he wasn't that great ... to give him a 3 when they babied Kate Gosselin, the worst dancer in DWTS history and never gave her less than a 5 just shows what an ass Bruno is. His childish "Fox is waiting" threat ... I wish Tom had come back with "Don't let the door hit you in the butt ... "

He was supposed to judge non dancers on their dance. Criticize, not demoralize. There is a difference.

ABC needs to grow some and force him to apologize or leave. If nothing else, how are they going to lure other stars in for next season after this travesty? Michael never thought he was 'all that' ... he would have listened to constructive criticism, but this was an attack.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

All articles I read today has ABC standing behind Bruno. Not that I would expect anything different publicly, but I wonder how it is behind the scenes. Some of the contestants who spoke out seemed good and mad, and the fact that Bruno just brushed it off last night, kept on insulting, and then made some stupid comment about going over to Fox didn't exactly help his cause. Tom, Len, and CA all looked at him like he was being a petty 2 year old. The thing is, all the judges have made some pretty rude comments to other contestants before. I do wish they'd focus more on giving constructive criticism vs slamming a dance, but then we wouldn't be having this discussion, and it wouldn't be all over the press. ABC is getting what it wanted. It doesn't care if Bruno looks like an even bigger jerk or if Michael's feelings were hurt. My big issue is, it's not fair game. Some people come on and are instant targets, either by getting underscored, having decent routines picked apart, or having a really terrible routine ripped of every ounce of life it had in it. Then you get people like Bristol, Cloris, Susan, and Kate, that the judges poo poo over, play favorites (along with their other favorites). In no way was Michael's jive the worst jive on this show. Close, and maybe it did deserve 3s and 4s, but not if someone like Kate and Cloris can get higher for doing just as bad, if not worse. That's where my big issue comes in. I don't really know what Bruno's deal is this season so far. Or why he's intent on trying to become the new Simon Cowell for dancing. Maybe he is really trying to get over to Fox.

After Bruno's unneccesary disparaging comments to MB I would be hesitant to come on the show if I were a celebrity with no dancing experience behind me! I've always thought Bruno was funny, but if he continues this mean-diva behavior I won't look forward to what he has to say.

Someone above(sorry, I'm drawing a blank on your name!) made the comment about how funny it is that Carrie Ann has the nerve to make comments to the dancers on placement and technique, etc and I've thought that all along. WHERE did they come up with her for a judge anyway? Not based on her professional experience that's for sure. When she makes one of her ridiculous critiques you can see by the pros face that they don't take her seriously--- even though they have to go by her 'judging' for their score. It must be frustrating. And not to beat a dead horse, but I cringe when she 'cries' over some 'touching' performance a couple does, or when she stands up and does her cheerleader woooo before giving her critique, or makes the star come over to the table to give them a big hug for doing so good. Maybe it's just me, but it seems like it's just to get attention for herself. I just don't like it. Ok, rant over!

Given the success and watercooler buzz of casting people like Mike, Bristol, and Kate, we'll probably be seeing more of those types in the future and less tween show alumni and former boy banders. Because of the success and ratings of the show, and some celebs continuing to bask in the spotlight after their stint is done, it's probably a small price to pay to have Bruno rip you up one side and down the other. I think the majority of celebs come on here expecting to be horrible, but loved for trying, or better than they end up being, and of course thinking it's an entirely different experience than it winds up being. So I don't think they'll have a problem in the casting pool, at least not yet. And there's plenty of Florence Henderson's out there who've been wanting to do the show forever.

This show would survive without Bruno, CA, and even Len. Tom's a witty enough host that he could find good chemistry with anyone. I would worry what a revamp would look like, because it might be worse than these 3 (more SYTYCD and less ballroom), but the judges don't define this show. What did Bruno do before, and was he even well known in the states? I guess we'll find out in the coming weeks whether he was told to put his attitude in check, or if ABC told him to really go for it.

I'm not surprised show is standing behind Bruno but I do hope behind closed doors they told him his behavior was unacceptable. We all know Bolton doesn't dance well and he wasn't going far. We pretty much knew before he even danced that chances were good he was going home. It's fine to critique but it's not okay to bash and bash. The 3 was a disgrace. Kate held mag covers in one dance last season and didn't get a 3. Bolton was at least trying and working hard and for that alone he shouldn't have been rewarded with at least a 4.

I was glad Tom, etc. defended Bolton and it was nice to see pros and celebs have his back as well. It was painful and uncomfortable and Bolton didn't deserve to be humiliated in that way.

+ Reply to Thread