+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: 9/28 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 9/28 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I'm glad I didn't see it, because I love Bruno. However, I know that he is an acquired taste. To me, he's entertaining and funny, but it wouldn't entertain me to see him (or anyone else) humiliate someone. That's one reason why I really can't stand the "Hell's Kitchen" show (Gordon Ramsey humiliates almost everyone, as if his shouting wasn't bad enough).
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

There was nothing entertaining or funny about Bruno's comments to Michael. It was disrespectful and uncalled for. Was Micheal horrible, absolutely, but there have been plenty of other dancers that were just as bad that he's not cut at the knees they way he did Bolton (ie Kate Gosselin the shopping cart). Was it a good choice to having him emerge from a dog house with a bone - absolutely not, it set the tone right from the beginning - it's a wonder Bruno didn't attack Chelsie for her terrible choreography.

I noticed this week TB didn't say these were, or not necessarily the B2. He usually says one or the other.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

wish I could have weighed in with you guys last night

I'm glad Bolton went, even if I was a fan for the sake of my mother. He was bad. With a capital B. What I don't like is how rude Bruno was to him both nights, and it breaks my heart to lose little Chelsie. I so love her. Oh well.

As far as the question of whether or not pros like Tony, Maks, Chelsie, Lacey, Anna etc go into this knowing they won't win and being fine with it...I will never believe that would be the case. I think their pride would be a factor, yes, but the main reason I don't think they would ever do that would be because of their partners. I can't honestly think that Tony could sit by with Audrina and watch her work so hard and want this so bad and know that no matter how well they do they haven't a prayer of winning. Same goes for tons of other partnerships...Evan/Anna, Erin/Maks, Mel/Maks, Melissa/Tony, Lance/Lacey, Ty/Chelsie. The list could go on and on and on.

Looking forward to next week. I'm thinking it's The Situation, Florence, and Margaret on the chopping block for at least the next couple of weeks. I have a feeling we'll lose Florky come next Tuesday.

BTW, could Maks and Karina have been standing any farther apart last night when they were the four "in jeopardy"? Karina and Mike were about on the very edge of the stage. I will say I did see her clapping when they called Maks and Brandy safe, but they didn't show his reaction to the elimination.

I could not believe how much younger and normal Corky looked without the spray tan when he was doing the confessionals. Also, Tony and Karina look so much less swarthy without the extra dark tanning spray. Corky actually looked handsome without it. His teeth didn't stick out as bright white and he looked so much better. Why do they think being burnt orange improves their looks? Odd....

Quote Originally Posted by RyMac;4072515;

BTW, could Maks and Karina have been standing any farther apart last night when they were the four "in jeopardy"? Karina and Mike were about on the very edge of the stage. I will say I did see her clapping when they called Maks and Brandy safe, but they didn't show his reaction to the elimination.
    As someone mentioned last night, part of me wonders if Bolton just signed on for the two weeks given the tour date schedule that was found. Perhaps the show scrambled to fill that final spot, and he agreed. Either that or he asked to be let go. It's sad if it's the latter, and the show humiliated him for his decision. He tried, but it just wasn't there.

Since reality shows have become the norm, I do think that the majority of them are scripted or carefully maneuvered towards a certain outcome. While the show might not inform their pros of the desired end, I do think that DWTS producers know their finale going into it and then refine it a bit by week 2-3 depending on voter input. When the show wants to knock out a celeb, the package and scoring will slant towards the negative. I 100% believe that the pro knows the results on results night.

Given that we have never seen a DWTS contract, it's hard to know what the stars/pros agree to. Given also that 10 weeks in the DWTS spotlight often reinvigorates a B or C list personality's career, I'm thinking that some of them don't mind going along with the production's antics. I can't get passed last season's showmances. Obviously, Cheryl and Chad ostentatiously worked that angle with the ridiculous gifts; we knew, however, after week 5 that it was just that, a showmance. But Cheryl had no problem with the gifts and showing up at events and surrendering to the press coverage of "are they/aren't they?" It took them to the quarter-finals. Erin and Maks, that showmance/romance is another epically long post.

And yeah, Karina and Maks need to get over themselves.

I'd say Bruno ought to watch it. These celebs don't have to do the show and if you add the fear of total humiliation into the equation, eventually, they are going to have a hard time getting anyone to agree to do the show. I have no idea why the judges expect these people to come out and be terrific. Acting, singing, athletic and comedic talent doesn't mean they are going to have dancing talent. Personally, I think all the judges comments should be given in a positive manner. Unless it's someone like Master P who just didn't give a rats ass and didn't really want to be there.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

After the disrespect Bruno showed Bolton I'll bet the show will have a hard time getting the more famous people on the show from now on.

The show tries too hard to make the show about the judges.

Some say Bruno is trying to be another Simon Cowell. I've never liked AI because of him. AI's biggest draw is kids and they all love Simon. Kids being kids they want to mimic their hero Simon. These talent shows put some of the worst singers/acts they can find so Cowell and judges like Piers Morgan will someone to make fun of. Some of these idol loving immature kids start bullying like they see their hero do. Hence, little bullies are born.

Some enjoy judges like Bruno but it ceases to be entertaining, for me, watching someone being unnecessarily humiliated. It's darn uncomfortable to watch.

FORT Fogey

Bruno, somewhat like Simon, has branded himself with a certain over-the-top personality in the judge's chair. Simon's style was super-blunt and dry, while Bruno is exuberant and colorful in his criticisms, cutting as they sometimes might be. However, he really got carried away with himself and went too far with Michael Bolton. If the show execs saw fit to make a point of it during the results show, then I think it would have behooved Bruno to malke some sort of apology to Michael. He didn't have to grovel or anything, but some sort of acknowledgement about how he didn't mean to be disrespectful and he's sorry for any hurt feelings, maybe a compliment or two about MB as a performer in another genre ... blah blah, whatever ... would have at least make him look like less of an egotistical jerk. Instead, he compounded it by defending his remark and then alluding to a job at Fox if the network has a problem with him. I think he really did himself as great a disservice as he did Michael, probably more.

Bruno's remarks were definitely a black mark on DWTS (but also brought a lot of media attentionl). This is a silly dance 'contest' for a silly trophy - he takes himself far too seriously - but I do wonder if they've been asked to amp up the comments since the cast is a major snoozefest.

We know they all took it very easy on Kate G, and yet Michael Bolton got lambasted.....call me a conspiracy theorist, but I wonder if it all is a means to an end for DWTS and MB.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by veg_out;4072526;
    Given that we have never seen a DWTS contract, it's hard to know what the stars/pros agree to.
    Actually, we have seen a DWTS contract. Shawn Johnson's contract, because she was underaged, was available to be viewed by the public, and by all accounts her contract didn't differ from the standard DWTS celebrity contract.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

+ Reply to Thread