+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: 9/27 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 9/27 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

IA ironcat - I wasn't thrilled with the casting when it was announced, but I have been flipping channels and watching some dancing on youtube, and that is the very reason I won't bother watching anymore of the show (but will likely keep up with some of the the dances online) ---- Derek winning back to back trophies is a given and the favouritism and lack of are appararent and disgusting.

And Bruno's attack on Michael was uncalled for.
    Last edited by anders332; 09-28-2010 at 01:53 PM.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

FORT Fogey

Florence is just not that good. Sure, for her age, blah blah blah. Just don't care for the woman and her legs are NOT good! They are skinny with little shape.

I vaguely remember Corky but nothing about him. Can someone fill me in on why he is so disliked? He is off putting, to be sure, but I cannot put my finger on why he makes me recoil.

I think Michael wants to go home. He appeared embarassed and knows he will never be able to do well. I don't see anything in him that says, "I want to get better so I can win." I hear, "oh god, get me out of here, I am turning off the few fans I have left!"

I watch to be entertained so I don't care about the scoring. It always comes down to the two best dancers, in the end. No one ever wins who is not skilled. If they keep a few clunkers around for fun, all the better for me!

FORT Fanatic

I agree that Bruno's comment about Michael was very rude and uncalled for. Even if that is how he truly feels,
    it was a very insensitive comment to make. He could have simply said "I've seen better" and then judged him.
    I also don't think he deserved a 3. That was just Bruno "making his point" because the other two judges
    didn't like what he said, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;4071505;
    Rick's smile unnerves me. He's obviously had a lot of work done but I remember him as having a more natural smile years ago. I wonder what happened.
    Bunny,

The lack of facial hair and way too much work has totally changed him, IMO, too.
    I used to love him as a Laker and now I find his face off putting - he's starting to look like a mask.
    And to think he was so hot!
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;4071814;
    Florence is just not that good. Sure, for her age, blah blah blah. Just don't care for the woman and her legs are NOT good! They are skinny with little shape.
    Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;4071814;
    I vaguely remember Corky but nothing about him. Can someone fill me in on why he is so disliked? He is off putting, to be sure, but I cannot put my finger on why he makes me recoil.

I think Michael wants to go home. He appeared embarassed and knows he will never be able to do well. I don't see anything in him that says, "I want to get better so I can win." I hear, "oh god, get me out of here, I am turning off the few fans I have left!"

I watch to be entertained so I don't care about the scoring. It always comes down to the two best dancers, in the end. No one ever wins who is not skilled. If they keep a few clunkers around for fun, all the better for me!
    To have legs like she does, at her age, is just amazing.
    Guess beauty's in the eye of the beholder.

Corky is about the most over the top, mugging for the camera, kind of guy this show has ever seen. For most of us, it really detracts from his partner's performance. And, sadly, he's passed down the "mugging" to both Mark and Derek. He ends up looking like a lecherous, older guy on this show.
    Last edited by norealityhere; 09-28-2010 at 03:23 PM.

Ok, we all know that Michael is not one of the better dancers to ever come on this show.
    But, he certainly didn't deserve that from Bruno.
    And, I'm not sure why everyone thinks Chelsie is so great. That dog house routine and last year's Tom Cruise wannabee routine with Jake was pure c*ap.
    The pro does the choreography. She needs to improve in that area.
    For me, I liked her at the beginning, but now she's coming across a bit jaded.

As far as Bristol's outfit, it was obvious, to me, that the bottom tier, dark purple on my screen, was added to the costume after.
    I think it was done partially to make the gown more modest, but primarily, to take the viewer's eyes off her feet, which were totally hidden by the ridiculous flounce.
    Tom B., when interviewed locally, said he thought the booing was over Jennifer / Derek's scores and not Sarah.

I have a question - does the little Palin - Piper, I believe her name is - ever attend school? She seems to accompany Sarah to every event that SP does?
    Last edited by norealityhere; 09-28-2010 at 03:33 PM.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4071442;
    A lot of DWTS alumni are always there. In fact, with the new stage set up, I think that spot is reserved for them. I saw Joey Lawrence and Melissa Hart tonight, last week Evan, Louie, and Jake were there. It'd make sense that they'd pan to the pros former partners, too, that are in attendance.
    Hmm, yeah, well, Fake Jake is not an entertainment correspondant (although I'm sure he'd leap at the chance) and he has been there every week since he got eliminated last season.

I suspect it is because that goober is desperately trying to further extend his long expired 15 minutes.

Sorry Jake - you are done in Hollywood.

I'm watching the show online now. Corky and Flo just danced. While his quirkyness will work well for dances like the Jive it's not needed for the more serious ballroom dances. When he wasn't goofing off during their dance, it was quite nice. And he gave her choreography that she could actually do. So, I see glimpses of the wonderful dancer/teacher in him but the hamming it up during the serious dances is just bleh. I will say, he'd be a riot at a party.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;4071785;
    Brandy wasn't good at all, and since I really thought she might have been the only one who could compete with Jennifer, it now looks like a fait accompli; just hand the trophy to Derek again. Don't know if I want to watch anymore.
    You left out the part about Mark and Corky hoisting him up on their shoulders while he raises the trophy above his head, and completely ignores his partner who is standing off to the side watching - as if he accomplished it all himself.

Quote Originally Posted by mslady;4071838;
    I agree that Bruno's comment about Michael was very rude and uncalled for. Even if that is how he truly feels,
    it was a very insensitive comment to make. He could have simply said "I've seen better" and then judged him.
    I also don't think he deserved a 3. That was just Bruno "making his point" because the other two judges
    didn't like what he said, either.
    ITA!! I'm so sick of the judges not really judging. They need to give out constructive criticism instead of rudeness, which the stars don't deserve. After all, they aren't dancers and are there to entertain and create a show for us and these judges would not have this job if it weren't for the stars.
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

+ Reply to Thread