It was the third of June, another sleepy, dusty Delta day
    I was out choppin' cotton and my brother was balin' hay
    And at dinner time we stopped and walked back to the house to eat
    And Mama hollered out the back door "y'all remember to wipe your feet"
    And then she said "I got some news this mornin' from Choctaw Ridge"
    "Today Billy Joe MacAllister jumped off the Tallahatchie Bridge"

Re: 9/27 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by hikari;4071347;

Christine Ebersole is Flo's daughter? Wow--did not know. I first saw Christine as Wolfie's illicit amour in Amadeus. Learning something new every day.
    They do resemble each other but Flo is not her mother.

Christine Ebersole Biography - life, family, children, name, story, school, mother, son, old, born - Newsmakers Cumulation

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

What an interesting show tonight, especially compared to the premiere. I enjoy first night as everyone seems to be on a level playing field, there are some interesting possibilities, some surprises of course some duds. Going into the 2nd show, I'm just confused. I expected some improvement and equal entertainment but then the judges scores ruin some of the fun. It's annoying.

Rick/Cheryl The height difference was not as noticeable as last week and I really enjoyed their dance. He does seem to have some natural dance-ability and I can't wait to see more. Damn, he's beautiful to boot. YUM

Florence/Corky That dance wasn't perfect, but quite lovely. I'm glad she didn't go for humor and just danced. Of course she isn't gonna move like everyone else but for her age? Impressive. Can we put a bag over Corky's head though? Gawd he is annoying, I see it runs in the family.

Brandy/Maks UGH That just wasn't good. Yes, she has moves, flexibility, performance skills but I'm not sure they even danced the jive. Her kicks were lacklustre, her attitude stinks blah. Poor Maks.

Michael/Chelsie Oh dear, that was just awful. Did he phone it in? I was rooting for him last week but it really doesn't seem he wants to be there. Yeah he was sick and all and his touring schedule is a factor--but that is no excuse. Ty Murray was also quite wooden but the effort and enthusiasm was there. Nice seeing ya Michael.

Audrina/Tony They did great, loved 'em. She has some natural gracefulness to her and it is nice to see. She could give Jennifer a run, I think the competition between those two along with Rick/Kurt will be exciting to watch.

Jennifer/Derek WOW!! That was awesome, I love watching her dance despite her not resembling Baby at all. Truly thought she was gonna have a Marie Osmond moment and faint right there beside Brooke. Best dance of the night, very entertaining, full of content and totally underscored. Boo judges.

Margaret/Louis Much improved over last week and think it was sweet that she discovered that she doesn't always have to be funny, but yes, you can also dance and still entertain. I'm a sap for the personal growth stories and hope she sticks around.

Kyle/Lacey Love Lacey, hate her hair. Kid is entertaining for sure, great attitude but the dance wasn't anything special. Fun? Sure.

Kurt/Anna Love them!! Loved their dance. I see a lot of potential in him and really want to see him do well. Great looking guy with a sense of humour.

The Sitch/Karina LOL I knew his pigeon-toes would not improve much.

Bristol/Mark She did improve a lot since last week, but still seemed a bit stiff. She is doing better than I expected but those scores were outrageous. Could cause some viewer backlash (other than her mother) Poor kid.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4071324;
    Kurt and Audrina got screwed in the scores again. Kurt's got potential and am really hoping he can take the mirrorball if Brandy doesn't. She needs to kill the attitude. Arguing with Maks will get her nowhere. I'm also over her being excited and the little act she puts on. Still rooting for them, though
    I thought initially Brandy was a shoe-in for finale but I'm not so sure anymore. I do think her dancing is better than quite a few others but she is just not likeable and that could hurt her in the end. Right now I see Grey as the only one sailing through to the finale. Kurt, Kyle, and Rick all have a shot. Audrina is the dark horse but I don't know if judges/show care enough about her to see her through to the end even if she deserves it. Bigger names could do her in. I also don't think she has the fanbase of some others to carry her all the way but I do hope people vote for the good dancing in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;4071342;
    . . . .By comparison, Florence Henderson has spent a lifetime doing musical theater, but nobody seems to call her a ringer even though she probably has the most experience of any of the stars when it comes to musical performance. Her pedigree was even passed down to her daughter, Broadway star Christine Ebersole . . . .
    Florence Henderson and Christine Ebersole are not related.

Did they mention dances for next week? TY.

I did some checking of my own and you're right, they aren't related. My mistake. I edited my original post to correct it.

I remember the story that Ebersole was Florence's daughter circulating back in the 80s when Ebersole was in the cast of Saturday Night Live. Guess it was an urban legend. I'm kind of sad it's not true!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Ė Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;4071110;
    Damn, Baby still moves okay.

Screws in her neck means it would be an interesting finale with her, if she gets that far.

Maybe she can't do tricks, but the quality of her movement was a lot better looking than anyone who's gone so far. Sharp movements, not sloppy like, lets say, Brandy.
    I have screws in my lower back and the only thing I can't do anymore is a full back bend (and a weight limit on what I can and can't lift). And from what I hear, the lower back is way worse than the neck region when it comes to value of movement after surgery. Mine is something like 98.9%. So, as long as they don't do hip hop and make her spin on her head, she should be okay for all the dances.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by moflan;4071302;
    What's up with Niecy getting a spot in the audience for two weeks in a row?
    Niecy is ET's special correspondent for DWTS, so that's why she is there.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by mushybrain;4071424;
    Niecy is ET's special correspondent for DWTS, so that's why she is there.
    A lot of DWTS alumni are always there. In fact, with the new stage set up, I think that spot is reserved for them. I saw Joey Lawrence and Melissa Hart tonight, last week Evan, Louie, and Jake were there. It'd make sense that they'd pan to the pros former partners, too, that are in attendance.

+ Reply to Thread