+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: 9/27 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 9/27 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;4071249;
    Momma Told Me Not To Come and You Can't Hurry Love, what abstinence-themed, motherly advice Wong will they choose for next week?

I have to say, I thought she did much better this week.
    I agree with Len that she lacks flair, but she actually danced this week.
    Janet Jackson's Let's Wait a While?
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

*Sighs.*

Bristol did OK, I guess, but she's so stiff, and they've got her buried under living room drapes, to boot.

Pretty colors in the outfit, but that's about it.

Oh, well.

ETA . . .

And yep, I think she was overscored.

JMHO.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;4071256;
    Papa Don't Preach?

I had the exact same thought, though they'd have to change it to "Mama Don't Preach".

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;4071256;
    Papa Don't Preach?
    "Havin' My Baby"?

OK - I feel bad - but that 8 sent me over the edge!

I am delighted that Rick Fox did not get last year's tall Anna as a partner. She's the only pro who'd dancing I never thought was good. I'm also delighted he got Cheryl, who can always make it work.

As far as the height difference between dancers is concerned, take a look at Tommy Tune and Joyce Ames dancing together in Hello, Dolly. Both are professional who make the most of it.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;4071242;
    Aww look, they're standing on the boat dock looking at Russia.
    "Grammar is the bus that carries the words, without it they have to walk, and get very confused on the way." Unknown

"My best friend is a person who will give me a book I have not read." Abraham Lincoln

FORT Fogey

Someone needs to check what Carrie Ann is smoking. An eight? And she compared Bristol, who seriously lacks charisma out there, to Kelly, who definitely had a personality? Ick.

I also agree that Bristol's dress was a mess. It might have worked if they'd reversed the colors and made the majority of the dress the darker shade. She's not a teeny-tiny slip of a thing, so if she's put in pale pastels, it's going to make her look bigger--which is true of everyone.

Given how everyone was scored, I think Audrina was underscored. She may not have been perfect, but she had a quickstep that moved. I also wish Jennifer had been given anyone but Derek for a partner, because I'm liking her, but I can't bear voting for him. I will say that with her, I don't think he's going to get by with as much hamming it up, because she's not as likely to join in.

Margaret did better this week, and while she wasn't great, I'm glad she and Louis had a chance to redeem themselves. I fear she may be gone this week, though Michael Bolton was worse, and I think Mike S. frankly doesn't care nearly as much as the rest of the stars do and wouldn't mind as much if he left. The Jersey Shore fanatics will probably keep him around, though, and Bruno giving Michael a three is likely to mobilize whatever fanbase he has. I don't expect Margaret Cho to last long, but I wouldn't mind if she outlasted Bolton and Sitch, since I think the former is trying but just isn't able to move that well and the latter wouldn't care that much if he stayed or if he went.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Tobi;4071267;
    LOL, LOL, What's that one about throwing something off the Talahassee Bridge? Or whatever you know with Bobby Joe MacAlister?

Wasn't that "Ode to Billy Joe"?

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden;4071261;
    I had the exact same thought, though they'd have to change it to "Mama Don't Preach".
    But Mama DOES Preach... And Bristol doesn't seem capable of asking her not to.

Given how everyone was scored, I think Audrina was underscored.
    Two weeks in a row, in fact.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

FORT Fogey

There's always "Doin' What Comes Naturally" from Annie Get Your Gun: "Folks is dumb/Where I comes from/They ain't had any learnin'/ Still they're happy as can be/Doin' what comes naturally!"

My apologies to the fine people of Alaska, as it really is a lovely state.

+ Reply to Thread