+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: 9/21 Recap/Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Regular

Re: 9/21 Recap/Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I'm sad. I really wanted to see David and Kym go a lot farther, and I voted for them. I'm not inclined to vote for anyone else at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4066269;
    Such fake suspense. And an obvious boot. Tom gave it away when he said it was a ratings headliner leaving first.

David/Kym are gone Should have done the German DWTS, Hoff.

Figures I'm stuck with 3 pros that returned that I can't stand, but lose Kym.
    Is Hoff the biggest name to get the boot first?

My grade-school kids know of him because he appeared in a Spongebob Squarepants movie and he saved the day.

Hope he stays sober.

FORT Fan

Well I'm in the minority here because I found David Hasselhoff uncomfortable to watch last night. Since I've never watched his shows I don't feel any nostalgia or connection to him. Yesterday I would have been happy to have either Bristol or the Hoff go, but I think that I just might give Bristol a chance to see what she has to say for herself and what she'll do once she is out of her mother's shadow.

Quote Originally Posted by Boann;4066282;
    Well I'm in the minority here because I found David Hasselhoff uncomfortable to watch last night. Since I've never watched his shows I don't feel any nostalgia or connection to him. Yesterday I would have happy to have either Bristol or the Hoff go, but I think that I just might give Bristol a chance to see what she has to say for herself and what she'll do once she is out of her mother's shadow.
    The eyeliner on Hasselhoff was uncomfortable to see, as was the threat of Kym's breasts popping out of her costume.

I thought Bristol was the ringer - for the first to go. Regardless of how many more nights Bristol gets to perform, this show will help give her a boost financially. I thought she was more impressive with her nerves than was Kate Gosselin last season and one of the excuses for Kate was that she was just a normal person, so this was even more difficult for her. I thought Bristol showed more poise and grace than Kate.

I felt bad for Hoff. His dancing was bad but I thought he'd get the votes to pull him through a week. No way was Kyle in B2. There are a few that could have votes to stay over some better dancers. It will be interesting to see how it pans out.

Quote Originally Posted by ChelsieFan;4066285;
    I felt bad for Hoff. His dancing was bad but I thought he'd get the votes to pull him through a week.
    I felt a little sorry for him, too. Is there a DWTS Germany that the Hoff could do? He might do better with that one.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg;4066288;
    I felt a little sorry for him, too. Is there a DWTS Germany that the Hoff could do? He might do better with that one.
    He'd probably win that one I'm sad he's gone. Now I only have 3 couples I'm rooting for. Everyone being called safe were people I would have had no trouble saying good bye to. I don't think Florence will be long for the competition. I bet Kyle was placed in the bottom 2 to drum up votes for him, since they probably want him to stick around. I also think Michael Bolton will be gone soon, maybe next week. But what do I know, I expected the Hoff to be at least mid way.

But even thought it seems like a fake bottom 2, is it really? The way Tom words it, it might be, or it might not be Maybe they didn't want to drum up support for the real bottom 2 vote getter. I feel like they did that last season the week before Kate left.

BTW
    FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Valancy;4066279;
    I'm sad. I really wanted to see David and Kym go a lot farther, and I voted for them. I'm not inclined to vote for anyone else at this point.
    I'm very disappointed and surprised that he's the first one off. Bristol, Florence or Oriental cape girl could have departed. I'll swing my votes to one of the others, depending how they perform.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg;4066276;
    I'm in CT at my sister's just to watch this! You should do the same and come back out to Fairfield County, Missy!
    Oh, I am! I'm at my parents' house while I'm not working (fewer distractions out here, for sure, and summer is so nice in CT)... I'm just keeping tabs on what's recording at my apartment, since they do not have DVR!

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4066269;
    David/Kym are gone Should have done the German DWTS, Hoff.
    Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4066290;
    He'd probably win that one I'm sad he's gone. Now I only have 3 couples I'm rooting for. Everyone being called safe were people I would have had no trouble saying good bye to. I don't think Florence will be long for the competition. I bet Kyle was placed in the bottom 2 to drum up votes for him, since they probably want him to stick around. I also think Michael Bolton will be gone soon, maybe next week. But what do I know, I expected the Hoff to be at least mid way.

But even thought it seems like a fake bottom 2, is it really? The way Tom words it, it might be, or it might not be Maybe they didn't want to drum up support for the real bottom 2 vote getter. I feel like they did that last season the week before Kate left.
    You said that first, Kara. I didn't see it until just now.

I think Michael Bolton and Florence Henderson might be the next to go. In earlier editions of this show the older contestants seemed to get more votes than they have the past couple of seasons. I feel like they should have a DWTS senior edition for them, or something similar, because it really isn't possible to compete with 20somethings and 30somethings when you're well past 50, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Missyboxers;4066293;
    Oh, I am! I'm at my parents' house while I'm not working (fewer distractions out here, for sure, and summer is so nice in CT)... I'm just keeping tabs on what's recording at my apartment, since they do not have DVR!
    Great minds think alike! I think they did just reach a deal late this afternoon but I'm not sure if it came on immediately or not.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

+ Reply to Thread