+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: 9/21 Recap/Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 9/21 Recap/Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I'm just watching the dances now for the first time.

Maks looks great with his hair spiked up in the back like that as well as in the front and I think Maks will probably win with Brandy.

Kurt was great for the first night! I can't believe Len gave him a 5!! Particularly since he gave Bristol a 6.

And I was less bothered by the height difference between Cheryl and Rick then the way Bristol seems to dwarf Mark. She's not that much taller than him but she's not a small-boned girl, and she makes Mark look tiny by comparison.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Watching the parts of last night's episode I missed, Bristol was AWFUL. The whole thing was strike a pose, shake a little, spin, pose, watch her partner dance around her, shake, pose. . . . . . . Buh-bye. OK, she'll last a LOT longer than she should, but she needs to go. If not this week, then next week after the ugly Jersey boy goes this week. I'll tolerate Corkie for 2 weeks if these two leave this week and next.
    "Grammar is the bus that carries the words, without it they have to walk, and get very confused on the way." Unknown

"My best friend is a person who will give me a book I have not read." Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4066165;
    I'm still amazed how good Bristol did. She wasn't great, but not the trainwreck I was expecting. She at least seemed to be having fun. Mark was the mess. She's taller than him, too.

Still love Bruno's "virgin territory" comment.
    Bristol did better than I thought she would, too, Kara. She has some potential.

What about Maks' hair though? Didn't it look particularly great?
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg;4066169;
    Bristol did much better than I thought she would, Kara. She has some potential.

Yeah, Bristol was not without hope. No Khate . . she's got the potential. She's still young and flexible. Cha cha is much harder to start with than the waltz. She had a great smile thoughout and looked great in the red dress. She can't help it if her partner is a pipsqueak.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg;4066169;
    Bristol did better than I thought she would, too, Kara. She has some potential.

Doesn't everything about Maks look great? I do dig the spikey hair. I hate when he shaves his head. Maybe if Mark didn't shave his, Bristol wouldn't look so much taller than him. I don't think Bristol deserved an 18, 1 point below Audrina and Kurt, but I was surprised how good her confidence was. I wonder if Mama Palin will make any appearances, because she'll definitely steal the show. I feel sorry for Bristol there.

Ha, here comes the Situation smackdown. What did Mike say that got that comment from Len? Who knew Len could make a funny on purpose. I noticed Mike didn't get much reaction from the audience. Karina's smiling through clenched teeth.
    Last edited by karalott; 09-21-2010 at 09:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hikari;4066173;
    Yeah, Bristol was not without hope. No Khate . . she's got the potential. She's still young and flexible. Cha cha is much harder to start with than the waltz. She had a great smile thoughout and looked great in the red dress. She can't help it if her partner is a pipsqueak.

I used to like Mark (and Derek), actually, but I'm sick and tired of both of them now. The only one of the trio I want to see on the show is the one who is not, naturally (Julianne).

Bristol did a good job, though. I'll be interested to see how she does in ballroom. The Cha Cha in the first week is rarely that pleasant to watch anyone do. I thought Audrina did the best with it, and I'm happy for Tony's sake.

I LOVED Kurt, and would've voted for him if I had the chance. I don't know what in the world Len's problem was, but it was like he'd sat on a tack. As for Kyle... ugh. Total show off and I don't care for dancers like that.

I'm still confused about... whatever that was that Margaret and Louis did. She seemed like she'd be decent at first, so I can't figure out if Louis choreographed that hot mess because she couldn't handle the routine, or just because he thought he'd go the lazy, absurd route. Shame on him if the latter. I don't like Margaret's comedy AT ALL, but I do think she's funny on Drop Dead Diva.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4066178;
    Doesn't everything about Maks look great? I do dig the spikey hair. I hate when he shaves his head. Maybe if Mark didn't shave his, Bristol wouldn't look so much taller than him.
    Everything about Maks definitely does look great, Kara. And some hair probably would help give Mark some height. He also seems pretty narrow-shouldered next to Bristol. She would have looked better with a taller partner or at least a guy with wider shoulders.

Audrina was a pleasant surprise. Much better than I thought she would be. Her scores should have been a little higher but going first could have her hurt in that aspect. Happy for Tony.

Situation was pretty bad as were quite a few others. Kyle has a decent shot as does Jennifer, Brandy, and Rick for semis. I really like Jennifer a lot and Kyle is adorable. Kurt and Audrina could get there as well but are more darkhorses right now. I have a feeling Situation will be the gum on the shoe this season that sticks around way longer than they should.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Completely agree with your post VAGirl. There were times Julianne got a little too much for me, and I didn't care for her remarks last season to vote for Derek because he did his own choreography for the freestyle. But I really miss her, and never got the favoritism or the ego and attitude from her that I do Mark and Derek.

Kurt was fantastic in comparision to some others. I don't know if the show will try and throw the NFL player under the bus because they always do so well or what.

Kym really was channeling Pamela Anderson with the hair. I love that Aussie accent.

What a revealing outfit Kym

Results show time! Tom says the elimination surprised the producers (guess Michael Bolton is safe).

Funky opening. Are we getting a pro number? Sort of, I guess. Santana opening the show with Maks, Tony, Corky (?), Cheryl, Anna, and Kym. Yep, it's Corky, I'd know those faces anywhere.

Carlos Santana! I love this song, from back in my day.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast