+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: 9/20 Season Premiere Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 9/20 Season Premiere Show Discussion **Spoilers**

So who goes? It is impossible to know given fans vote for many reasons other than ability. For me, Bristol, David and The Situation (loved Carries comment) can go as soon as possible.

Both Margaret and Florence are going for laughs. Florence comparing herself to Cloris was not a good sign.

Too bad for Jennifer if people are not voting because of not liking Derek.

I didn't think Audrina did all that well and not sure how many fans she has. I don't think The Hills has a huge following from where I sit.

I do wish that there were 2 weeks before the first elimination just to give the contestants a chance to gel with each other. Anywho, thoroughly enjoyed the dances and the dancers. Hoff was a hoot, I didn't realize that he was so bad technically because he looked as if he really enjoyed himself. The only negative I can think to say is about Margeret Cho. I really wish she hadn't been comedic about her dance routine. The beginning of her waltz looked beautiful but I think she self sabotaged herself and it was not necessary. I know she has issues with her weight and self image and you could see it in the rehearsal and in the routine. Best of luck Margaret.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I want Margaret to stick around for a while and keep ruffling feathers, so I split my (multiple) votes between her and Jennifer.

I'm hoping Bristol mercifully goes, but she won't. Then I want Mike or Michael or The Hoff to go, but it's anybody's guess until we see what kind of voting fanbases each of them has.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by mushybrain;4065465;
    Hi Velvet. I feel the need to defend my home state. Sorrentino and almost all the other Jersey Shore kids are from New Yawk!! Jersey gets a bad enough rap as it is without these ignoramuses invading it!
    Aw, I was hoping that no one would take offense. The name thing is just gangsta-type posing (by huge egos). LOL@the bolded part. I was shocked to read how huge a "product" The Situation is...geesh!

Are they going to do "encore performances" on Tuesdays this season? If so, maybe Audrina and Tony will dance again tonite (I missed them). Although from skimming the thread, it sounds like Jennifer will?
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

I really enjoyed last night's show. All in all I think it is a more even cast than it is in most years...some pretty good some not so good but no really terrible ones that I want to see gone immediately or ringers. I am not sure who I think will go first. I kind of like it better when they have two weeks of dancing before an elimination. I thought Tony looked great last night. He has lost the extra weight he was carrying last season because of his movie. The height difference is really quite distracting between Cheryl and Rick. I think it gives them a bit of a disadvantage. So far my favs are Audrina and Tony, Jennifer and Derek and Brandy and Maks. I hope that both Margaret and Florence ease up on the comedy. I think both of them have some dance potential and I would like to see them just dance.
    Choices are the hinges of destiny.

Honestly I think Margaret will go, though I really hope not. Want the Jersey Shore jerk to leave but he won't. Honestly, he most deserves to go. Also, he really needs to leave "The Situation" back on MTV and come here ready to humble himself a bit more. There's only room for one bad boy on this show and that's Maks! If this was a chasing women competition Mike could bring all of that attitude, for this, being humble will go a long way. To his credit, despite the excuse of having little practice, he handled the shots pretty well.

I liked Kyle. Didn't know who he was but he's enthusiastic and that's nice. The whole "looking at my boobs" comment was made to play up the fact that he's this younger guy expected to bring whatever emotion is necessary to each dance and he's still some kid distracted by being close to an older woman's "rack". Not odd for this show to tread dangerously on the tasteful humor line.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

Ah, this is a tough one for me this season. First, I'll likely miss the last end of Monday night because it conflicts with Hawaii 5-0 at 10:00 (and I LOVE me some Alex O'Loughlin....man in my avatar). So, I didn't see the scores for Jennifer and Derek. Didsn't see David either, but I'm not a Hoff fan.

I dislike Derek, but I really like Jennifer. I also like Michael Bolton, but he's probably not going to stay long. The Situation can go SOON, like yesterday! Rick Fox is a fox - but he really should have been paired with Edyta. I am so sorry she's not on this season....

Okay, Bristol surprised me a little bit - but I don't think she'll stay that long. I hope Brandy does well because well I love me some Max!
    ______________________________ __
    This space for rent...

Quote Originally Posted by law638;4065313;
    Michael Bolton is so so much better looking w/o the hair. How old is he?
    I wiki'ed some of our contestants last night. Michael is 57. The Hoff is 58. Jennifer is 50. It's the reign of the 50-somethings this season.

Derek Hough was all of 2 years old when Jennifer starred in Dirty Dancing; ergo his cluelessness that the song was from the movie.

I figured the Hoff to be our Donny Osmond . .boy I figured wrong--he was terrible! And with all his musical theatre experience too! That demon booze really takes it out of a person . . . I thought the judges were awfully rough on Michael Bolton, who did much better than I would have expected. Stiff, yes, but on the whole cut a nice figure in the waltz. Well matched to Chelsie even if he does 'have shoes older than her'. lol

Yes, I thought Michael was well matched to Chelsie. I thought he was much taller than he really is - so when I first heard of that pairing I thought it was off. But nice match.
    ______________________________ __
    This space for rent...

I thought the judges were rough on Michael and Kurt also. They both did well last nite...certainly think that there were some who performed worse and scored higher!
    Everything works out in the end, if it hasn't worked out...it isn't the end!

+ Reply to Thread