+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Audrina Patridge & Tony Dovolani - Season 11

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Audrina Patridge & Tony Dovolani - Season 11

With a show as popular and profitable as this one, I don't see why they feel the need to recycle costume ideas and song choices. I didn't care for their song at all, but Tony's really stepping it up and Audrina's taking the challenge. Another strong week for them, and I think (like Kyle) she may upset some front runners. I don't know if I've seen Tony really put as much content into a routine in a long time, but it's not like he always gets the partners who can handle it.

And another reason Brooke makes Samantha look smart and witty-when Tony made the remark about waxing his legs if they didn't get straight 8s (who didn't see that coming ), and, after getting the one 7, Brooke said too bad we won't be seeing those sexy legs I remember back when Heather Mills took Jonathan to wax his chest. I wonder if they'll capture that on film.

I was a bit distracted by Costume's failure to apply the proper double-stick tape to Audrina's attire, but maybe that was planned (ugh). My preference is for the costumes to stay in place, even if they are revealing. Audrina shouldn't have had a boob job (or not have gone so big). Didn't look even close to natural. Even in rehearsal footage, you could tell. Ahem. Men would probably say "Who cares?". But for those of us with an eye for art and beauty...no, just no.

That said, I like Audrina and can't believe (per the posts) that Bristol (whom I didn't watch, but read the post reviews of her performance) got merely 1 point less than Audrina from the judges. OY!

No wonder I have all but given up on this season. But mostly it is because none of the "stars" have compelled me, and something I prefer is in the time slot and I am recording that.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Forgot to say: could Brooke's top have been less about ready to slip and get ABC a fine for exposure? I'm ready for a male pro dance with everyone in a G-string. Fair is fair.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;4071508;
    I was a bit distracted by Costume's failure to apply the proper double-stick tape to Audrina's attire, but maybe that was planned (ugh). My preference is for the costumes to stay in place, even if they are revealing. Audrina shouldn't have had a boob job (or not have gone so big). Didn't look even close to natural. Even in rehearsal footage, you could tell. Ahem. Men would probably say "Who cares?". But for those of us with an eye for art and beauty...no, just no.

That said, I like Audrina and can't believe (per the posts) that Bristol (whom I didn't watch, but read the post reviews of her performance) got merely 1 point less than Audrina from the judges. OY!

No wonder I have all but given up on this season. But mostly it is because none of the "stars" have compelled me, and something I prefer is in the time slot and I am recording that.
    The funny thing about this season is I'm beginning to root for people I didn't pay any attention to pre-show. I knew nothing of Audrina coming in, so was waiting to see her before making a judgement. Kyle, even though I don't like his pro, is also shooting up on my list. I even admire Bristol for going through with this (again not liking her pro, though). But I agree, something about this season is meh for me. I'm hoping it'll improve, but I'm not counting on it. Mostly it boils down to I have just 3 celebs I'm really rooting for to win, 2 that I'm content with winning, and the rest I wanted gone before the season started. And I dislike most of the pros this season, too. Plus, I'm really tired of the shenanigans at the judges table, and the show throwing manipulation in. In no way did Bristol deserve an 8, or even Mike a 6, when Jennifer, Kurt, Rick, and Audrina were getting 7s and 8s. I'm thinking it's DWTS fatigue. I don't want an onslaught of SYTYCD dance styles thrown in, but they need to give themselves a make over.

I'm really happy for Tony. Even with Melissa and Stacey, I don't think he's ever looked so happy on this show before. I've typically been a fan of his choreography, but am enjoying it more than anyone else's so far this season.

Loved Audrina and Tony last night. I hope they can continue to do as well as they are and begin getting more credit for it. I hope the viewers can keep them in!

Go Team Torina!

This was one I had seen about 3 seconds off during the show and sought out the online version - it was a beautiful dance for anyone dancing week 2.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;4071509;
    Forgot to say: could Brooke's top have been less about ready to slip and get ABC a fine for exposure? I'm ready for a male pro dance with everyone in a G-string. Fair is fair.
    The top of the dress just didn't fit her properly.
    The clear plastic straps were very tacky, imo, although obviously very necessary.

I admit I'm biased as I like Audrina, but I thought it was an other very good performance. I thought it was ridiculous for Bruno to dock them a point for a little mistake when the dance was so packed with content.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I really enjoyed Tony and Audrina's performance -- they have a great opportunity to excel in this competition especially while some of the Diva's are not focusing on their dance. Tony looks like he is enjoying himself and I just wanted to hug him when he hugged Audrina while she was crying. Haven't read a confirmation yet, but more power to this guy if he had his legs waxed! Got to love him!

She has been a really pleasant surprise. She was so much better than last week and even last week she was vg. Tony looks so happy and I am so happy for him. She's a dark horse this season and if show backs her and she has the fanbase to support her she should go far. The dancing and choreography were very impressive for a second week and she looked much more confident. She's likeable which also helps.

I thought Audrina's quickstep was awesome! I was really impressed. Tony gave her some difficult choreography too, and she pulled it off. I am so disappointed that Bristol scored only one point less - I thought Audrina blew her out of the water If Audrina goes home before Bristol I will be very unhappy.

+ Reply to Thread