+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617

Thread: Audrina Patridge & Tony Dovolani - Season 11

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Audrina Patridge & Tony Dovolani - Season 11

Quote Originally Posted by VAgirl79;4119956;
    veg_out, I saw that DWTS Gossip twitter stuff and that also raised my eyebrows. I like to give people the benefit of the doubt, but this still doesn't smell right to me.

Almost all of the examples you gave seemed like unfollowing was intentional due to circumstances, although the Erin-Maks thing isn't clear to me. Was there a story behind Evan dropping and then re-adding Anna that you know of? That's concerning to me. Loved those two together!
    It seemed like they started adding each other when people pointed it out; so I'm guessing they got asked on twitter about it. Same thing happened when Cheryl stopped following Chad. After people noticed, she added him back (I don't really pay attention to her twitter so no idea if she still follows him). I don't really know who follows who. Usually I just follow the links on someone's twitter or type it in. Regardless, I'm not going to believe this without any concrete proof. Anyone can make it up. DWTS was relatively drama free, at least until the end of the season when the news orgs spun the stories that the pros didn't like Bristol (and Bristol making it up that Maks didn't like her). There was a rumor going back several weeks that Jennifer/Audrina got into it. I think with the lack of Kate style gossip where everyone probably didn't like her, and no showmances, things were made up or exaggerated. Most headlines I read seemed more interesting than the interviews.

The thing is...they apparently unfollowed each-other before the finale.
    dwtsaddict, thanks for that tidbit. As a Maks fan (I'm starting to waver on him a bit, too), I check Tony's twitter cuz they often do joint ventures. He posts some adorable stuff about his eldest daughter. Anyway, was it just prior to the finale, or was it after their elimination?
    Quote Originally Posted by VAgirl79;4119956;
    veg_out, I saw that DWTS Gossip twitter stuff and that also raised my eyebrows. I like to give people the benefit of the doubt, but this still doesn't smell right to me. Almost all of the examples you gave seemed like unfollowing was intentional due to circumstances, although the Erin-Maks thing isn't clear to me. Was there a story behind Evan dropping and then re-adding Anna that you know of? That's concerning to me. Loved those two together!
    As I wrote in the post you referenced, and I think kara addressed Chad/Cheryl, the unfollows among the pros and their stars as well as among stars and stars and stars and other stars' pros (did you get that? ) do appear to be the result of something, or in your words, "circumstances." Early in the season, I did check out each of the pros' and the season 11 stars' twitters, watching to see who added whom and when. A few pros, like Cheryl, added people on the season rather quickly. Some added them as the season progressed, like Maks and Tony. Maks formed a friendship and then followed. From season 11, he's only following Kurt, Audrina, and Rick. To me, if one of those people gets dropped, it's cuz something happened. With Cheryl, she tends to add and drop at whim. So maybe that's the clue with Tony. Tony, as I said before, really never drops anyone he follows, so perhaps, Audrina dropped him, and he just reacted. To me, it's just very odd for all the reasons I've stated particularly given their wonderful partnership.

Evan and Anna
    : Again, the explanations are all speculation, but yes, after the finale--and I can't exactly remember it all--Evan dropped Anna. Anna kept following him. I don't think he refollowed her until maybe July or August (I can't remember). No one even knows why that happened. Anna does tweet a LOT, so some thought she was clogging his feed?! Some think it had something to do with Cheryl. For details, PM.

Erin and Maks: I'm not sure what you mean by "the Erin and Maks thing isn't clear to me." Their backstory is very complicated and convoluted, long and entailed. Again, PM if you want the speculated theories on that drop. Bottom line with those two: Erin dropped Maks and Cheryl after the 200th episode, actually that same night, after all three of them plus Evan and Maks' friend Dennis had a "tea party." Maks has not dropped Erin, but Cheryl has.

Twitter is kinda just like Facebook. Why do normal people delete friends or drop people they follow? Some of those reasons apply here, too, mostly that they're severing the public connection between two people who weren't just on the same cast, but for some, were dance partners. We all know the intimacy and intensity of that arrangement, and that it brings people into very close friendship. Think Louis and his partners, Kelly, Niecy, and Margaret.

So, yes, it's curious, though it doesn't scream "affair, when a dance couple stops following each other. It could mean squat

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Tony must have read the boards or people asked him on twitter, because he's following Audrina again.

FORT Regular

So the unfollowing was intentional. The circumstances, however, are still unclear. YUP!

FORT Regular

Did Tony renew his vows in Vegas? He didn't say...BUT

Lina and I in Vegas having fun on Twitpic

+ Reply to Thread