+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Audrina Patridge & Tony Dovolani - Season 11

mkp
    FORT Newbie

Re: Audrina Patridge & Tony Dovolani - Season 11

I don't think the judges have much sway over who goes home each time. In every season of DWTS some low-scoring couples still made it back the next week because the fans voted for them. And some who ranked high in the judges scores still went home. In Audrina's case, the fans just were not there.

I think Audrina is a sweet, pretty young woman. But, IMHO, I have to agree with the judges here. She just didn't have any personality. That hurt her in the end -with the viewing audience.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;4091943;
    I pay attention to the edit, and when Audrina was shown very little in the "hype" clips, I figured she was gone. Also, when the edit poignantly focused on the confessional clip where she cried over giving the best that she had, and it wasn't good enough to be answered fiercely by Tony's reply that it surely was, I figured then that she was both gone and that the judges were being sent a not so subtle message.

Kudos to Audrina for the gracious way that she handled the overly heavy criticism with the judges.

I believe that Audrina danced well enough to continue on into the finals; however, I just don't think the fan votes were there for her. That is what the one fan indicator that we have has shown for the last two weeks. Now whether that is because of the judges' overly harsh criticism which influenced the fans or whether she simply doesn't have a strong enough fan base I simply don't know.

What a sweet nature and beartiful person she showed herself to be.
    Agree with you on both of these points. I also think the producers did manipulate things, which I think is unfortunate. As has been mentioned before, Audrina was the only one left who was never "in jeopardy" before. Jennifer has now been there twice - despite us all knowing she was never really in jeopardy. Everyone else left has been there at least once. I think "in jeopardy" is the producers' way of pushing their agenda. They know who they want to stay and who may not be getting the votes - so they put that person "in jeopardy" so we as the viewing audience are concerned and vote for them more the following week.

In addition, hasn't she had to go first more than any of the others remaining? Some of them haven't gone first at all yet. I have definitely seen going first as a negative - scores seem to get higher through the night.

I think the producers probably knew from the beginning roughly who they wanted as their F4. I think Audrina was just pretty filler. Then she came out and was actually good. So they hid her as much as they could and manipulated what they could. They needed a shocking elimination and she was expendable to them. This will probably increase voting next week as everyone else worries about their favorites.

I was never a fan of hers on The Hills. But I was pleasantly surprised by her attitude and her dancing on this show. I would have loved to see her in the finals - and I believe she deserved to be there. Oh well, was not to be. None of the dancers this season who are left are really taking my breath away. There is no real competition. Let's be honest, in any other season - would anyone but Brandy and Jennifer still be around? I guess this is where we should watch what we (some people at least) wish for. This is a season with a lot of people with no real dance experience. And this far into the season, I think the dancing is just ho hum and not really interesting or entertaining.

Absolutely agree there was manipulation. They were surprised she was good. They thought she would naturally go early and then she danced very well and was very likeable. They countered that with harsh criticism, calling her plastic which is mean, and frustrating. Others got to slide by.

Even worse is that she was never put in jeopardy or bottom before last night. Every other person had been there at least once and many of them weren't even remotely that low. If they wanted to boost her votes or build her fanbase and give her a shot they would have put her low and seen if that bought them up some. They didn't as they wanted her out.

And interesting how US is reporting today that her show has been renewed......
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom;4092087;
    Agree with you on both of these points. I also think the producers did manipulate things, which I think is unfortunate. As has been mentioned before, Audrina was the only one left who was never "in jeopardy" before. Jennifer has now been there twice - despite us all knowing she was never really in jeopardy. Everyone else left has been there at least once. I think "in jeopardy" is the producers' way of pushing their agenda. They know who they want to stay and who may not be getting the votes - so they put that person "in jeopardy" so we as the viewing audience are concerned and vote for them more the following week.

In addition, hasn't she had to go first more than any of the others remaining? Some of them haven't gone first at all yet. I have definitely seen going first as a negative - scores seem to get higher through the night.

I think the producers probably knew from the beginning roughly who they wanted as their F4. I think Audrina was just pretty filler. Then she came out and was actually good. So they hid her as much as they could and manipulated what they could. They needed a shocking elimination and she was expendable to them. This will probably increase voting next week as everyone else worries about their favorites.

I was never a fan of hers on The Hills. But I was pleasantly surprised by her attitude and her dancing on this show. I would have loved to see her in the finals - and I believe she deserved to be there. Oh well, was not to be. None of the dancers this season who are left are really taking my breath away. There is no real competition. Let's be honest, in any other season - would anyone but Brandy and Jennifer still be around? I guess this is where we should watch what we (some people at least) wish for. This is a season with a lot of people with no real dance experience. And this far into the season, I think the dancing is just ho hum and not really interesting or entertaining.
    I also feel she was robbed of the judges votes for the waltz. That was the week that the Situation re-"perfomed" his dance. They wanted to keep her hidden because they wanted her gone.

Farewell Audrina. You deserved better.

I too have to wonder about the producer's role in all this. They obviously have access the fan votes each week and know the overall scores of each couple yet they continued to make Audrina go first, and certainly didn't encourage the judges to lighten up as they do for some other stars.

Next week we'll see the judges spread out the scoring to try to keep this from happening again. Too little, too late, at least for Audrina.

DWTS is the only reality tv show that I watch, mostly because it seems to be the least susceptible to producer manipulation, but this type of result always points out that it isn't as transparent as I like to tell myself.

Her mum was on TMZ tonight making quite the spectacle of herself.

I'm disappointed that Audrina was booted this early in the competition. Her dancing was worthy of a higher placed finish, imo.
    "That's Numberwang!"

When the better dancers go too soon it makes for a much weaker comp. It would have been nice to see them perform next week in main and team dancing especially as they would have been an asset to their team.

It was very disconcerting to see Audrina go. She was one of the very few talented dancers this season along with Jennifer and Brandy.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

I am SO upset, disappointed, disgusted, heartbroken, etc they were eliminated. I agree, there was some manipulation going on. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks that. Not fair they were the only pair to have to dance first more than once. As well as not being fair they were never placed in jeopardy to "scare" more people into voting for them. And, I agree, they should have gotten to do the encore dance the week of their waltz.

I also feel as if the rehearsal packages didn't do enough to show off her personality/let us get to know her. Such as with Kurt and Kyle, their rehearsal packages included scenes with their family members. Why not show Audrina with her family/friends, helping out at a charity, etc just someway to "get to know her."

I agree, the producers had already decided who they wanted to be in the finals before the season even started. I bet they weren't expecting Audrina to be that good, so they never "planned" on her making it to the finals.

I thought she did a much better job at getting into character for the Paso. The judges were so mean to her. I felt so sorry for her and Tony, especially when she was crying in the confessionals. Tony looked so hot!!

Since I love Tony, I'm always really sad when he is eliminated, but this time it's especially hard because he finally had a good partner again. So many of the articles I read predicted Audrina would make it to the finals, and I was so excited that Tony would have a shot at winning. Plus, I feel Audrina was by far one of the 3 best dancers this season (along with Jennifer and Brandy). The look on Tony's face when they wer eliminated just broke my heart. He was so disappointed.

I spent hours voting for them. I don't know if her fans just don't watch the show/care about voting, or if people assumed she was safe, or what happened. I think it might be possible people thought she was safe, so they gave their votes to Kurt because the judges were so hard on him. I was tempted to give Kurt a few votes, but then remembered what happened to Sabrina (don't assume anyone is safe), so I did give all my votes to Audrina.

+ Reply to Thread