+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Brandy & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 11

Re: Brandy & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 11

Brandy's comments in the rehersal package were all about damage control, seems she's got the hint that folks aren't liking her behavior.

I'm upset about the package making Maks look bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan;4077343;
    I agree that for some reason Maks has been shown in a "bad light" two weeks in a row now. The producers show (EDIT) the footage to include what they want to, so what is up with what they CHOSE to show last night of Maks and Brandy in rehearsals? Are they trying to run Maks off?

I am sure that there was plenty of other footage that they could have used that would not have come across so damaging. It was definitely hard to watch that rehearsal footage and the judges reprimanding him for his teaching technique.

This has been a weird season so far in how the judges are scoring the pairs. I have never seen such high scores for some who are obviously undeserving of the scores that they are given. And then others who performed their routines much better are scored lower and are being picked apart by the judges.
    Longhorn!

Part of me wonders if Maks told the show that this season was his last. I can't imagine that they'd be that cruel to a guy who has brought many women into the viewing audience by his sheer good looks. On the heels of last season, the one in which he and Erin's crazy antics also kept audience's entertained until the finale, I'd think the show would want to protect him. Instead, they're tossing him under the bus. I'm not sure if it's cuz he said that he has changed, if because he said that he wants to be "good boy" of the ballroom that they're spiting him or what, but it's insane that the guy approached the producers about last week's package, and this week, they edit this horrible package. Several entertainment media outlets are running stories on it, including one running a poll on if Maks went too far.

I can't figure out why he would smack anyone. The look on Brandy's face shows real surprise. The whole package paints Maks as a bully. And even if it's edited, there are several takes from several different practices (including last week's package) that have him doing these swats at her. I never saw him do anything like that last season. I'm just curious why he's behaving like that. I'm also curious why he thinks he can behave like that to Brandy. I'm also curious why he's just so angry. And now I can't figure out what's the real chemistry and what's the fakery for the audience since they're obviously very well aware that people are turned off to them.

I can't see how creating this kinda press around them will get Maks and Brandy a win. Usually, the couple that wins is very likeable.

Sad.

As for the rest of the show, it's just a weird season. I think that the show dished out a LOT of money to get a few of the stars. Who knows what deal they made with MTV to get Audrina and Mike S., so he's going nowhere soon (I think Audrina is a free agent). Bristol is a ratings bonanza. Maks brings the controversy. Kyle is a surprise. They want the athletes to duke it out in the quarter-finals (probably). And no one puts Baby in the corner. We'll probably end up with JenHougher win, but how will get there will seem entirely unscripted but will be entirely rigged

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by veg_out;4077256;
    Brandy has toned it down, but Maks was absurd in that package. If that's how he teaches, no wonder his partners cry. Perhaps Brandy is being lazy and diva-esque which we're not seeing, but I was rather surprised to see that montage displaying Maks' teaching. I 100% agree with Len's critique of Maks. Len was not criticizing Maks' samba; he was criticizing his teaching style, that he wasn't being protective of his partner. I agree with him.

The dance was ok. I think the song was so non-traditional for samba that the moves didn't fit well with it. They needed to pick a different movie or something.

Anyway, I don't understand why the show is throwing Maks under the bus like this each week. That's two weeks in a row that Maks comes off like an @ss. Aside from negative attention, I just don't get it, esp. after Maks confronted the producer about last week's package. This week was 10X worse with regard to Maks. I know it's an edit, but still.

I miss season 10 Maks.
    I don't think it should be up to the judges how a pro teaches, or whether they like what they see in rehearsals. I can only think of 2 things: either Maks/producers are trying to deflect negative attention away from Brandy so they're taking Maks back to his "bad boy" days with the edit he's getting (especially after he said in the premiere episode he had changed). Or, the producers want drama and to put him in his place after he said he talked to them last week about their edit (and said they admitted they were wrong). Either way, it's a few minutes of footage over the course of several days, and they use footage from previous weeks as well. I feel like Brandy's getting the Toni Braxton/Mario treatment-she's not horrible, not a ringer, but they seem to ding her in whatever way they can, despite overlooking the same things on other celebs. I hope this doesn't run Maks off, but I can't believe it would, unless the producers really tick him off. It's not the first time he's been seen as the tough teacher who's brought his partners to tears. And most times he gets requested, so he's popular enough with the celebs, viewers, and the show. Per his twitter, it sounds like his brother will be dancing tonight on the results show

I don't think Maks/Brandy had any say over the song choice they had. I liked their story idea, personally. Given how Len hates gimmicks and props, I was amazed at how polite he was to everyone last night. I figured he'd be ready to blow his top at the madness

FORT Newbie

I can't imagine that they'd be that cruel to a guy who has brought many women into the viewing audience by his sheer good looks. On the heels of last season, the one in which he and Erin's crazy antics also kept audience's entertained until the finale, I'd think the show would want to protect him.
    Maks sat out a season before - season 6, IIRC - and I don't think the ratings noticeably changed. So I don't see why the show would want to protect him. He's expendable. Most of the pros are, except for maybe Derek, who has a lot of detractors online, but seems to still be very popular overall. And I HATE Derek, so you have no idea how much it pains me to say that.

Quote Originally Posted by bibbitybobbityb;4077538;
    Maks sat out a season before - season 6, IIRC - and I don't think the ratings noticeably changed. So I don't see why the show would want to protect him. He's expendable. Most of the pros are, except for maybe Derek, who has a lot of detractors online, but seems to still be very popular overall. And I HATE Derek, so you have no idea how much it pains me to say that.
    Season 6's ratings were down, and continued sliding until last season. But season 6 was probably the Kristi Yamaguchi factor over anything else. I did miss Maks greatly, and I wasn't alone, though. Julianne left, and many would argue she was likely one of the most popular pros, if not the most popular on the female side. Lacey and Dmitry were out last season, which left people surprised, but ratings didn't go anywhere when they were off. I don't think any pro makes or breaks the cast or the ratings, and the show would probably see that if they replaced every single one of them with a bunch of newbies. It all depends on who they get as celebs, how far they go, and whether they're up to their usual shenanigans that get people turned off. For me, I'm tired of the last two, but I still watch It's nothing different that I haven't seen before, it just gets more obvious every season.

I like Dmitry, but I found it humorous his fans were saying Maks should feel threatened that a "new Russian was in town" and that Dmitry was being groomed to take his place. So Dmitry gets the boot two seasons in a row in terms of being paired with a celeb, but Maks is back Of course last season people blamed him personally for Dmitry, Lacey, and Karina not being cast.

As for the rest of the show, it's just a weird season. I think that the show dished out a LOT of money to get a few of the stars. Who knows what deal they made with MTV to get Audrina and Mike S., so he's going nowhere soon (I think Audrina is a free agent). Bristol is a ratings bonanza. Maks brings the controversy. Kyle is a surprise. They want the athletes to duke it out in the quarter-finals (probably). And no one puts Baby in the corner. We'll probably end up with JenHougher win, but how will get there will seem entirely unscripted but will be entirely rigged
    We haven't had an actor win since the first season. Donny's more of an all around entertainer, so Jennifer would tip the scales on that category a little more. Plus the whole Cinderella ending of it all; being part of an iconic movie about dancing, doing this for Patrick Swayze, the cancer Jennifer discovered thanks in part to doing the show...plus it gets the favorite pro his third win, which no one else can say they've had and gives the trio reason to brag. I'm guessing they'll push more for Rick than Kurt. Kyle's the surprise of the season, so he's going far. I don't know how long they can carry Mike and his horrible dancing. Seems like they're starting to turn on Bristol a little, so she's probably on the way out. We'll probably get surprise eliminations in not only Audrina, but Brandy, and Maks will have to go on the defense with stupid GMA reporters who call him a jerk to his face. Oh, and Flo and Cho will be the next to go. That's how I see the season shaping up as of right now.
    Last edited by karalott; 10-05-2010 at 05:29 PM.

Karalott, has GMA in the past called Maks a jerk?
    I am voting for Maks and Brandy but think they are in trouble with the judges and looks like they will have to be outstanding to overcome the judges attitudes toward them.

Kara, I agree that the show shouldn't score him on anything but the dancing. It doesn't mean that the audience will do the same. The package did them no favors.

As for the show, I think they invite certain pros back consistently for a variety of reasons greatest of which might be their popularity. I think Maks 2010 compared with Maks Season 5 is a big pull. He's not the end-all-be-all, but he is well liked.

Plus the whole Cinderella ending of it all; being part of an iconic movie about dancing, doing this for Patrick Swayze, the cancer Jennifer discovered thanks in part to doing the show...plus it gets the favorite pro his third win, which no one else can say they've had and gives the trio reason to brag. I'm guessing they'll push more for Rick than Kurt. Kyle's the surprise of the season, so he's going far. I don't know how long they can carry Mike and his horrible dancing. Seems like they're starting to turn on Bristol a little, so she's probably on the way out. We'll probably get surprise eliminations in not only Audrina, but Brandy, and Maks will have to go on the defense with stupid GMA reporters who call him a jerk to his face. Oh, and Flo and Cho will be the next to go. That's how I see the season shaping up as of right now.
    I agree with this formula for the season. GMA did a big story on Jennifer Grey yesterday AM. It would be a very compelling story, if she wins. We might have it figured out, but the show will continue to make it seem like this season is just so unpredictable-OMG-and who will win? I have no idea-esque that they might pull the wool over the general viewer's eyes.

As for Maks being called a jerk, Robin Roberts defended him this AM on a segment that spotlighted the controversial package: Good Morning America on ABC News - ABC News
    The story's title is "Sen. John McCain lobbies for DWTS Kurt Warner"
    Last edited by veg_out; 10-05-2010 at 06:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pminn1608;4077579;
    Karalott, has GMA in the past called Maks a jerk?
    I am voting for Maks and Brandy but think they are in trouble with the judges and looks like they will have to be outstanding to overcome the judges attitudes toward them.
    Season 9, when Debi/Maks got voted off (the same episode Tom/Cheryl had to withdraw), both couples appeared in the standard GMA morning after interview-and the first thing the male reporter asked Maks was "why are you such a jerk?" All 4 seemed surprised by that, and Tom quickly defended Maks. Brandy and Kurt are getting my votes, but I do worry for both of them (Brandy more so).

As for the show, I think they invite certain pros back consistently for a variety of reasons greatest of which might be their popularity. I think Maks 2010 compared with Maks Season 5 is a big pull. He's not the end-all-be-all, but he is well liked.
    I also agree that there's likely a certain formula to which pros get invited back, and why there really hasn't been a huge onslaught of adding new ones to the mix. We didn't get any new female pros from season 4 to season 7, and only Lacey stuck with the two girls added then. But it's not like we're getting 4-5 newbies each season. As a last ditch effort to boost ratings, who knows, the show might go there. Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing fresh blood added to the mix. Then there's probably the chemistry/personality factor, obviously height, age (unless you're a female pro, then they'll stick you with an 80 year old but give Corky the over 60 crowd), and probably ratings appeal. What zany thing will Derek do tonight, will Maks make his partner cry, will Cheryl hook up with her celeb, who will storm out and leave their celeb uttering in confusion 'I don't get it' (probably one of my favorite Kate moments last season )

I've always heard that Brandy is a class A bitch. After watching her on the show, I can believe it. We've always known Maks is a tough teacher and that he's very outspoken. Maybe they are airing the negative side of things to get Brandy voted off the show to make room for the people they really want in the finals. Bristol, Jennifer and the athletes.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

FORT Fanatic

Someone tell me what IIRC means, please.

+ Reply to Thread