+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Brandy & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 11

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Brandy & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 11

Maks has already taken to twitter to clear the air about the rehearsal footage tonight. I'm afraid that kind of footage, and Brandy already having a reputation as a diva with attitude, is going to keep them from winning. I know it's all edited and in the hands of the producers and they can use footage from the first week in the finale for packages. But viewers may judge on that and give Brandy the boot for her attitude. Honestly, I found her like a less funny version of Erin in holding her ground and not letting Maks boss her around, but hopefully she recognizes the student/teacher status there and trusts him.

I liked their jive choreography, and was hoping Brandy would nail it. She didn't She didn't do terrible by comparision to some others, and I wish she had something to her solo than just shaking it in the middle of the floor (but there've been other celebs the judges have loved that with). Her enthusiasm was cute last week, this week it seemed like an act, and I wish the couples wouldn't interrupt the judges when they're giving comments. I think these two are going to come back stronger next week.

FORT Fogey

When Maks is not hot for his partners, the dancing suffers. This guy is a playboy big time, and he needs that flirting relationship or he becomes a pompous jerk. Brandy is not the right partner for him, and it shows.

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton;4071574;
    When Maks is not hot for his partners, the dancing suffers. This guy is a playboy big time, and he needs that flirting relationship or he becomes a pompous jerk. Brandy is not the right partner for him, and it shows.
    I'd disagree. I think Maks is the target for when a fight breaks out among the couples (and it usually happens to all of them), his gets highlighted because he always makes them cry. He's done really well with Laila Ali, Mel B, even Misty May he was really fond of. I know he's friends with Denise now, but at the time during season 8 he looked ready to run for the nearest exit. And he had good things to say about Debi Mazar. I think Brandy is just stubborn, hard headed, and probably used to calling the shots, so it might be hard for her to take a back seat. That, and if she disagrees with any choreography she seems to speak up. I thought that was the reason for the argument last night. I enjoyed the jive, but Brandy just didn't bring it. I don't know if she got lost, lost her energy, or just got carried away.

If they make it through, she has the samba next week.

I was disappointed in her performance this week.
    Not only did I not enjoy the choreography, I didn't think she danced it particularly well.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Rather displeased with this team's performance last night. The timing and performance were off. I don't feel any connection between Brandy and Maks. Sadly, no matter what Maks and Brandy say about their "partnership," I just don't see mutual regard for each other. Maks is a really demanding teacher, but she can't pull off challenging him like Erin or Mel B did. For some reason, when they countered Maks' gruffness, it was funny and cute. Maybe the show is working that angle again cuz it got him far with EA and MelB, but, I don't know, something about Brandy isn't working.

Sad to say that I think they'll only make it to maybe week 6 (if that), but I'm not thinking that mirrorball is within either of their grasps this season. Their personalities just aren't attractive. Sadly, I didn't throw any votes behind them last night. Instead, I went with Kyle and Kurt.

On another note, Maks may have gotten a tattoo on his left ribs. He's friends with a guy, Dr Teas, who is really tatted up; unlike last season, he's always with this dude, so maybe the guy convinced Maks to get one. I kinda miss the Maks of season 10. He's back to going out with the boys with random women doing his same-old, same-old behavior from pre-Karina.

FORT Regular

It sure looked like Maks had Brandy do the "solo" to get back at her. There's definitely a lack of chemistry that seems attributable to demons Maks must be battling in his life. I believe she would do very well with the right partner.

There was a definite disconnect with this pair last night, depite whomever played the "Diva" role. Brandy can dance without question and I expected a better performance last night, but she didn't appear to be "into" the dance at all. Whatever the problem was, I hope they get over and get on with it so we can see a decent performance next week. Come on Brandy and Maks . . bring it!

Quote Originally Posted by NWTim;4072002;
    It sure looked like Maks had Brandy do the "solo" to get back at her. There's definitely a lack of chemistry that seems attributable to demons Maks must be battling in his life. I believe she would do very well with the right partner.
    I'm not super sure about the rest of this post, but I'll address the solo part. Week 8 (or the quarter-finals) requires that the star does a 15 second solo. Maks commented last season that he wasn't worried about it with Erin cuz every week, he'd make her do a solo as of week 2. I think he had Brandy do the solo for the same reason: put the spotlight on the star.

I'll agree that they completely lack chemistry. I don't see them going the way of MelB, Erin, or Debi. If they don't fix it, yes, I do think that, just as his palpable chemistry with Erin pulled them into the finals last season, that his lack of chemistry with Brandy will cut them sooner rather than later.

She might be able to dance, but compared to the personalities of people like Jennifer, Rick, and Kurt, she doesn't hold a candle to them.

These two will keep getting my votes until the end. I think they'll be just fine. Brandy probably isn't used to being in the driver's seat and besides, the producers love to show every partnership with Maks as platonic (or they get lucky in a season with Erin and can use the showmance angle). Maks definitely has a different personality than he had last year, and I'm liking it. I feel like he's taking this show more for fun and in stride. I saw a clip of Brandy's solo, and it wasn't as bad as I was remembering. I think, since Audrina got praises for her solo last week, that's what Maks was going for. Brandy seemed to be into that part. I think this was maybe just a difficult dance for her I wouldn't mind them holding off on the jive until later weeks. At least no one can call Brandy a ringer.

I can see, with Brandy's personality, part of the reason she got Maks as a teacher.
    Last edited by karalott; 09-28-2010 at 07:14 PM.

They weren't horrible but they certainly didn't live up to expectations. Dance wise I think they will have a big comeback next week. Show will want them to stay in it and there are a lot worse couples right now. She's not likeable and that could hurt her. I can see why they tried to clear the air and whether they were being honest or lying it was still a smart move. Maks is a player and can be mean. That's his schtick. Brandy comes off fake and spoiled and throwing Maks under the bus was uncalled for. It didn't come across as kidding either. She needs to learn to take criticism on this show. It goes with the territory. What is worrisome is if she is this cagey in the second week when she is 100% safe she could be a nightmare by Week 5 when things get tougher.

+ Reply to Thread