+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 51 FirstFirst ... 36373839404142434445464748495051 LastLast

Thread: Brandy & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 11

Re: Brandy & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 11

Quote Originally Posted by veg_out;4124339;
    YouTube - ??????????

He REALLY is The Ukrainian Bachelor! Yowza! That is HILARIOUS.

I also need a translator. Anyone speak Russian?

Irish, I think we should petition for a special thread in The Bachelor section for the Ukranian Bachelor, Maks. LOL. I'm dying over here.

Maybe he'll luck out, but I swear he's as much about this gig bringing him fame and a huge cash payout than he is about love. Maks has had PLENTY of women go ape over him in the States; he coulda had the pick of the litter, but he decides to do a reality TV show in Russia to get his girl.

Where did the Maks I loved go?

HEY - TPTB are you listening???? Lots of women would love to watch Maks on the Bachelor, even if we have to read subtitles!!!

From Maks twitter:

MaksimC: Just a quick message (in light of the current news) to all the fans! I'm great! Having an amazing time and finding out a lot about myself in the process... Don't read into things and I promise I'll let you know what it is that I'm doing in due time. LOVE all the support I'm getting from you all and can't wait to get back to NY and family/friends to celebrate 2011! And PLEASE don't worry about all the haters......I sure don't

MaksimC: This is where I've been last few weeks.......

Also prior to Maks' tweet his roommate tweeted that Maks hadn't been tweeting because internet and cell phone service where he is, (in Ukraine)is bad and that he would be tweeting soon. And publicist Lizzie Grubman said he would be home in time for the holidays.

What haters is Maks talking about? He has haters? News to me...
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;4125398;
    I've seen some pretty nasty stuff directed at Maks on twitter, though I'm guessing a lot of it is probably private tweets he gets. I notice when he posts blogs during DWTS on his twitter he always says 'remember, just my opinion'. I guess Val takes some ridicule as well.

I haven't seen any particular tweets, but I've heard elsewhere some are having a meltdown on twitter over the news Maks is the bachelor. I don't know if it's the fact he's the bachelor, or doing it in the Ukraine instead of the US, or both. Whatever it is, I wish him the best I remember him hinting at some projects in the works. If this was one of them, I never would have guessed it

Other versions of the Bachelor have popped up over the years - I'm remembering France and maybe Italy. To the best of my Bachelor knowledge LOL they are ripoffs and not associated with the U.S. production.

I'm saving that you tube for when I need a good laugh and a sigh. Go Maks!
    Thanks! I'm kind of surprised it hasn't popped up elsewhere considering how popular it is here. But then again, given the success rate and controversies that follow, maybe that's a good thing. I thought if another country wanted to copy the format, they'd have to get the okay from whoever started it first Unless they loosely base it around the original just enough to make it that show, but make it their own.

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;4125398;

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4125434;
    I've seen some pretty nasty stuff directed at Maks on twitter, though I'm guessing a lot of it is probably private tweets he gets. I notice when he posts blogs during DWTS on his twitter he always says 'remember, just my opinion'. I guess Val takes some ridicule as well.

I haven't seen any particular tweets, but I've heard elsewhere some are having a meltdown on twitter over the news Maks is the bachelor. I don't know if it's the fact he's the bachelor, or doing it in the Ukraine instead of the US, or both. Whatever it is, I wish him the best I remember him hinting at some projects in the works. If this was one of them, I never would have guessed it

Thanks! I'm kind of surprised it hasn't popped up elsewhere considering how popular it is here. But then again, given the success rate and controversies that follow, maybe that's a good thing. I thought if another country wanted to copy the format, they'd have to get the okay from whoever started it first Unless they loosely base it around the original just enough to make it that show, but make it their own.

The majority of the haters are Erin Andrews fans & EA/Maks shippers. They are still hung up on them being a couple and can't get over the fact that Erin & Maks are not together anymore, if they ever were together. They see Maks being on the Bachelor as ignoring Erin and death nell to their dream of them being together. Same people who were sending hateful tweets during the show about Brandy and after the show about Joni. There are also some people who are upset over the misinterpretation of one of Maks interviews in the Ukraine about why he was doing the Ukraine version of the show. They thought Maks thought Americans or American women were fake/false. When in actual translation Maks was comparing the American version of the Bachelor to the Ukraine version. He said that on the American version of the show it was more about making it a good show and alot of intrigue & skirmishes(i.e. suspense and fighting). He said that alot of the people seemed false on the show (i.e guys/girls with girlfriends/boyfriends back home, there for fame. lying about themselves or intentions). Which is true in alot of cases. He was offered the American version of the Bachelor 3 times and turned it down. He said that he was serious about finding someone and felt the Ukraine version of the show would be different. So, alot of people misinterpreted what he said and thought he was anti-american or anti-american women, which is ridculous. They've been creating new twitter names to bash him and hate on him for doing a reality show.

As far as other versions of the show in other countries, there have been other versions of 'Bachelor' in other countries prior to this. France, Italy, and others . They shown clips of them at times on reunion shows or as a little preview to show how popular the show. However, just like American shows have to get past the 100 episode mark before the reruns are aloud to be sold into syndication, similar situation here. Once, the Bachelor hit it's 14 season mark th epeople who ow the 'Bachelor' opene dthe doors to more countries being able to buy the rights to do their versions based on it, Ukraine being one of them. They got the rights directly from the original, same format. They are just calling it 'The Loner', I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by nikkij_26;4125440;
    The majority of the haters are Erin Andrews fans & EA/Maks shippers. They are still hung up on them being a couple and can't get over the fact that Erin & Maks are not together anymore, if they ever were together. They see Maks being on the Bachelor as ignoring Erin and death nell to their dream of them being together. Same people who were sending hateful tweets during the show about Brandy and after the show about Joni. There are also some people who are upset over the misinterpretation of one of Maks interviews in the Ukraine about why he was doing the Ukraine version of the show. They thought Maks thought Americans or American women were fake/false. When in actual translation Maks was comparing the American version of the Bachelor to the Ukraine version. He said that on the American version of the show it was more about making it a good show and alot of intrigue & skirmishes(i.e. suspense and fighting). He said that alot of the people seemed false on the show (i.e guys/girls with girlfriends/boyfriends back home, there for fame. lying about themselves or intentions). Which is true in alot of cases. He was offered the American version of the Bachelor 3 times and turned it down. He said that he was serious about finding someone and felt the Ukraine version of the show would be different. So, alot of people misinterpreted what he said and thought he was anti-american or anti-american women, which is ridculous. They've been creating new twitter names to bash him and hate on him for doing a reality show.

As far as other versions of the show in other countries, there have been other versions of 'Bachelor' in other countries prior to this. France, Italy, and others . They shown clips of them at times on reunion shows or as a little preview to show how popular the show. However, just like American shows have to get past the 100 episode mark before the reruns are aloud to be sold into syndication, similar situation here. Once, the Bachelor hit it's 14 season mark th epeople who ow the 'Bachelor' opene dthe doors to more countries being able to buy the rights to do their versions based on it, Ukraine being one of them. They got the rights directly from the original, same format. They are just calling it 'The Loner', I believe.

I had a hunch that's who it was coming from. Wow-they need to get a life. I can only imagine what they'll do if Maks does find love there, or has another showmance that turns into a romance, or just gets lucky in love the old fashioned way. I wonder if the E/M shippers are as kind to her if rumors break about her relationships. I was as big an E/M fan and hopeful for a true romance as the next person, but I was over that before the finale was 2 weeks old. That article that was posted, even translated, was hard to make out some sections, but that was my understanding of his statement on things being false with the US bachelor version. I agree with him on that The thing is, camera and TV time are what they are, and while I don't know how reality TV goes over in the Ukraine or if someone thinks latching onto Maks will lead to better things abroad, some people will do anything for fame and fortune. I'm still curious if there's more to this than him just looking for love, and if there isn't some tie in with ABC and the US edition. He must be really lonely and unlucky in love, though we know what happened with Karina, and if there was anything with Erin, it didn't end well (or at least it didn't go anywhere). I had heard Maks was asked to be the bachelor before, but I thought it was a joke; truthfully I don't think he would have had a problem finding love on it, though it'd probably bring more bashing his way. I hope he's back for season 12. I just caught the end of Brandy's reality show, and it featured her preparing for the first episode of DWTS. My season will be so lackluster if it's Maks-free

Thanks for that explanation

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4125447;
    I had a hunch that's who it was coming from. Wow-they need to get a life. I can only imagine what they'll do if Maks does find love there, or has another showmance that turns into a romance, or just gets lucky in love the old fashioned way. I wonder if the E/M shippers are as kind to her if rumors break about her relationships. I was as big an E/M fan and hopeful for a true romance as the next person, but I was over that before the finale was 2 weeks old. That article that was posted, even translated, was hard to make out some sections, but that was my understanding of his statement on things being false with the US bachelor version. I agree with him on that The thing is, camera and TV time are what they are, and while I don't know how reality TV goes over in the Ukraine or if someone thinks latching onto Maks will lead to better things abroad, some people will do anything for fame and fortune. I'm still curious if there's more to this than him just looking for love, and if there isn't some tie in with ABC and the US edition. He must be really lonely and unlucky in love, though we know what happened with Karina, and if there was anything with Erin, it didn't end well (or at least it didn't go anywhere). I had heard Maks was asked to be the bachelor before, but I thought it was a joke; truthfully I don't think he would have had a problem finding love on it, though it'd probably bring more bashing his way. I hope he's back for season 12. I just caught the end of Brandy's reality show, and it featured her preparing for the first episode of DWTS. My season will be so lackluster if it's Maks-free

Thanks for that explanation

Well, there has been stuff out there about Erin dating Green Bay QB Aaron Rodgers. However, the Maks fans side of the E/M shippers haven't really been reacting to tha. They got upset when she didn't tweet Maks about his grandmother dying and coincidently had an interview tha came out at the same time saying Maks was just a friend, protector, and concierge basically for her and her sister during season 10. That he was a friend who would always be in her life. The Maks side of E/M fans got upse ofver that but, nothing over Aaron Rodgers. Maks still follows Erin on twitter. However, the Erin side of the E/M shippers got upset that she stopped following him becaus ethey thought it was because of something he did, either Joni, Brandy, or now the Bachelor. The Erin side of the E/M shippers have been a bit more hostile and vehement from going after Brandy, Joni, and Maks himself. A whole group of fans got together to vote against Maks & Brandy, voting for other people becaus ethey didn't like that he was dancing with Brandy and not Erin. They didn't want him to win with Brandy. It's been quite nasty all season and now. I don't know that he'll ever live down season 10.

I think Maks believes the spiel the Ukraine producers of 'The Loner' gave him about how the show would be different from the American version. Of course there is the matter of them holding to the premise they promised him when they sold the idea to him, as with any producer. However, I think there are certain things that Maks lucked out on with this being in the Ukraine & it being the first season there. While there will be people in any country and culture who like the idea of being on tv, I think people are less fame centered than what Maks is used to living in LA. Culturally, there is probably not as heavily the same situation in the Ukraine as in LA. Also with this being the first season of the show the bachelorettes may have no idea of what being on the show can do for them, unlike the american version. The 1st couple of seasons of 'Bachelor' were far different from the way the show is 15 seasons later. There were some not there for the right reasons but, people didn't knwo then that they could make money and a career off being on the show like they do now. The Ukraine girls aren't all familiar with Maks and most aren't familiar with the American 'Bachelor' show. So, they won't know what the show can do for them. So, in that way he may have got what he wanted which he wouldn't have gotten if he had appeared on this season of the American version of the 'Bacehlor'. I'm of two minds about what Maks really wants out of this especially after his latest tweet. Anyway, the rumor on his FB an dother place sis that he is not coming back for season 12 of DWTS. That may relate to his promotional commitments for "The Loner" which will be airing in the spring same time as DWTS 12, if true.

Poor Maks. I knew there was a fan war going on between Brandy/Erin fans after one of Erin's blogs, and I don't think Niecy helped with that stupid post saying she missed 'happy Maks' that just fueled the fire. It was Brandy who really lost out, but hopefully they get it out of their minds that season 10 is over and Maks and his future partners (if he returns) shouldn't suffer because people don't want to see him win with someone other than Erin. That's not going to happen. Erin doesn't follow Maks on twitter, so I've heard, and doesn't seem to have any interest in him that she reveals publicly, so why should her fans care? Brandy had big shoes to fill, and I don't think it helped following season 10. Quite honestly I wish the Erin/Maks pairing had never happened if this is what became of it. He and Mel are still my all time favorite anyway

Season 10 as a whole left a bad taste for me, and seeing a picture of Derek's shelf with his 3 trophies makes me wonder if I'll bother tuning into season 12 (I will, most likely ) The show has really lost it's path and this season showed it more than ever. I'm just over the favoritism certain couples get every season, and the different standard they're all held to. I saw an article where CA was encouraging the idea of a same sex pairing but mentioned something about fixing the judging; if she only knew I'd love nothing more than to see her gone (and I know I'm not alone), but I don't know what she meant by that. Unless she thinks Len and openly gay Bruno can't keep an open mind or be un-biased. Maks, as well as practically all the pros, didn't seem the same this season. I won't be surprised if Maks isn't back, but I'll wait until I hear it officially from him. He left it open ended at the end of last season, but maybe he'll be too busy. If he's truly looking for love, I hope he finds it, or at the very least gets something else from the experience. I haven't watched a full season of the bachelor/ette in years, but I've heard of contestants who come on for the fame and have girlfriends/boyfriends back home.

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nikkij_26;4125187;
    From Maks twitter:

MaksimC: Just a quick message (in light of the current news) to all the fans! I'm great! Having an amazing time and finding out a lot about myself in the process... Don't read into things and I promise I'll let you know what it is that I'm doing in due time. LOVE all the support I'm getting from you all and can't wait to get back to NY and family/friends to celebrate 2011! And PLEASE don't worry about all the haters......I sure don't

(snipped)
    OMG, he is on the Bachelor - whatever version. He used the drinking word, amazing and is discovering himself...a journey...take another drink.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Wow, Google translator sucks! That article was hilarious in "translated" English.

I speak a little Russian, but that video is really hard to hear - too much background noise and Maks is speaking too quickly and too softly for me to catch more than a few words.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread