+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3132333435363738394041424344454647484950 ... LastLast

Thread: Brandy & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 11

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Brandy & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 11

I realized I completely missed the first blog veg_out posted. Yeah, he doesn't sound as enthusiastic about taking part next season there, but he hasn't ruled it out. That's quite a ways off. Given what this season ended up like, there might be some changes that are more enticing to the pros.

RE: Bristol. I don't know if Maks said anything behind the scenes that he didn't like her, but even if he did, he never said it publicly. That's the big different, and I don't think it's any coincidence she chose last week to hash that all out. Given the format of next week, I think she isn't going to lose any potential voters, because it's really in the producers hands.

I also agree with the above sentiment on Kyle. I took awhile to get into him, but he won me over with that jive. He really is taking this experience for what's worth, and the fun he's having is showing through. I can enjoy watching him, and I've been more impressed with Lacey. Still not a fan of her's, but she hasn't bothered me as she has in the other seasons (oddly enough, the only other time I felt that way was when she was with Steve-O). Watching the Kyle's, Erin's, Warren's, and Kelly's are why I like this show. I never thought Brandy came in with the ringer status that Nicole and Mya had, because she needed some fine tuning. But she went out with a bang. I think Maks has a good point; better to go out like this than to have your win upstaged by the drama of one person polarizing the finals.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;4109381;
    Not that I care about the result, but I would think that letting Bristol win would be a black mark on DWTS and really turn a lot of viewers off. Jmho
    Why is a vote BY the fans a turn-off or a black mark? Seems to me when voters vote a certain person on, they want to see that person in the finals or even as a winner.

That's why we have votes. Winner takes all!

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4109631;
    RE: Bristol. I don't know if Maks said anything behind the scenes that he didn't like her, but even if he did, he never said it publicly. .
    Maks has said he didn't say anything about not liking her, and I believe him.
    NOW - what I'm going to say is from the perspective of someone who is around girls this age: Whatever Bristol is, I believe there is a part of her who is sensitive and insecure. Maks may have not answered her one day, or looked at her the wrong way, and she took that to mean he didn't like her. I've seen it. She's young, and this is the way they see things. But SHE should not have said that. That's her immaturity coming to the forefront.

Put yourself in Bristol's shoes. You meet Maks. WOW!
    Stay tuned for "Dancing with the Dancers"!

Quote Originally Posted by ChelsieFan;4109603;
    Bristol is shrewd. She's not the innocent some think her to be. She's been around the block a few times in more ways than one.
    I agree that she is shrewd and not the innocent victim she claims to be, or portrays herself to be. If Maks said he never told her anything negative then I believe him.

I believe Maks, also. And I think Bristol's lies about him were released very purposefully on the day of the voting so that all her fans would hear them and feel more inclined to vote voraciously. It's a classic political move on the part of an underdog...say damning things that can't be refuted before the vote takes place. Sigh.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by IrishGal;4109782;
    I believe Maks, also. And I think Bristol's lies about him were released very purposefully on the day of the voting so that all her fans would hear them and feel more inclined to vote voraciously. It's a classic political move on the part of an underdog...say damning things that can't be refuted before the vote takes place. Sigh.
    I really don't think Bristol is that savy a person to say anything negative to get votes prior to a show...she probably casually remarked to someone and they took this and ran with it.....

..she probably got something he said (which he claims he is very honest) that to her sounded like he felt Brandy was a great dancer while looking at her.....and his body language relied to her that he was discrediting her work on the show....

He can be very intimitating even to seasoned adults..especially to a young, inexperienced girl who knows nothing about the world of show business....and with this competition being this guy's bread and butter, and a feather in his cap getting to the finals makes him driven to win.....

She simply did not get that

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Beachmom;4109660;
    Maks has said he didn't say anything about not liking her, and I believe him.
    NOW - what I'm going to say is from the perspective of someone who is around girls this age: Whatever Bristol is, I believe there is a part of her who is sensitive and insecure. Maks may have not answered her one day, or looked at her the wrong way, and she took that to mean he didn't like her. I've seen it. She's young, and this is the way they see things. But SHE should not have said that. That's her immaturity coming to the forefront.

Put yourself in Bristol's shoes. You meet Maks. WOW!
    God knows what he'd think of me if he based it on my reaction towards him I don't know if I'd faint, stare speechless, or stare while speechless and smiling stupidly.

Either Bristol made it up or, as you said, something he did say she might have taken wrong. He could have been having a bad day, and we know this season has been rough. Maks also takes this show more as a dance competition than I think as a TV competition. I know Brandy/Maks were pretty vocal over Audrina and Kurt's departures, and many thought Bristol should have left over them. So maybe something they said there about better dancers leaving had her thinking that meant he was saying she didn't deserve to be there. However, an article I read seemed to imply she heard Maks say he didn't like her. To me, that's different than just thinking she's outlasting better dancers.

Quote Originally Posted by IrishGal;4109782;
    a politicans daughter involved in a smear campaign.... I'm shocked
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer;4109811;
    a politicans daughter involved in a smear campaign.... I'm shocked
    Who would have thought?!

I wish that Maks and Brandy were dating. I still think they'd make such a gorgeous couple!

siiiiigghhhh!
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

+ Reply to Thread