+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 51 FirstFirst ... 303132333435363738394041424344454647484950 ... LastLast

Thread: Brandy & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 11

Re: Brandy & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 11

Quote Originally Posted by Bronwyn;4109270;
    Just because Maks didn't say what Bristol said that he said about her in public, doesn't mean he didn't express those sentiments in private and she got wind of it. I absolutely believe that's how he feels. It's how most of you feel, why wouldn't he feel that way too? Of course he's going to deny saying it.
    Maybe he did. As I'm sure that, at some point or another, whether in their "private" rehearsals or phone calls or lunches or whenever, ALL of the teams talk smack about the other contestants. Bristol herself in repeating Maks, if indeed he said anything, is talking smack, except the massive difference is her saying it to the public/media outlet.

When the season began, I had no problems with Bristol. I thought she was very shy and unsure of herself, so I was glad for her to gain confidence and perform when it was obvious that she wasn't a performer. Only in the last 2-3 weeks, when she started knocking out truly better dancers, and did so largely with a suspect support base, did I start to struggle with her presence on the show, NOT her as a person. Only in this last week, with its combination of her performance and results show packages as well as other things the kid has said to the media, am I struggling with Bristol, the person or the "star."

Sadly, just as people can't stand Maks, people will not like Bristol, and it would be very unlikely that people will change their minds about either unless they want to.

Maks' new blog: Maksim Chmerkovskiy Blog

On the one hand you have a beautiful, talented dancer with a pro who just won a trophy last season, and on the other hand you have a young man who has improved tremendously over the last several weeks and has brought zero drama. I would like to think that production wouldn’t let Bristol win – third place is fine and she brought along the drama/ratings that will make people tune in next week. Not that I care about the result, but I would think that letting Bristol win would be a black mark on DWTS and really turn a lot of viewers off. Jmho
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Reading Maks' blog in regard to his future, it doesn't sound too good. He's implying that he's leaving (Willingly or not isn't alluded too mind you).

I thought his blog was well-thought out and honest, which is what I've seen from him all season. It's what I also see with Kyle and Lacey - little drama, and no gimmicks.

He is right though - Brandy's past and the politics really don't have a place on this show.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by veg_out;4109373;
    Maks' new blog: Maksim Chmerkovskiy Blog
    Re: Maks' blogs - I find it funny that Maks is always saying that he doesn't care what people think, and yet he goes to great pains to constantly defend himself in his blogs. Yes, I get that he feels he's being misquoted or misinterpreted all the time - but really, when you're being supposedly misinterpreted SO often, a wise person would start looking inwards instead of outwards to see if the problem lies with himself instead of with other people - but if he honestly didn't care, then he wouldn't be so defensive.

We know you care, Maks. It's okay. Caring about what other people think of you is understandable.

Dancing's Maks "Disappointed in a Lot of Things"; Thanks Fans for "Humongous Support"

Hi everyone,

Hope you had a great week. Thanks for voting for us.

Well, we came up short. It is what it is. I'm enjoying the somewhat controversial spotlight. You have to embrace everything. People have told me that we looked mad on Tuesday's show before the results were announced. I really was not concerned at all. Brandy's always nervous on every results show. I try to tell her that it's not worth it to be nervous. We did our job on Monday. I feel like everything is according to plan. If anything, I learned from spending time with Brandy and Kurt Warner. They're both very spiritual people in their own way. I've never have been, but I've learned a lot from both of them. I think it was pre-ordained.

Did anyone expect it? I think to have lost the way we have, I would take that any day than to have won under different circumstances. I'm very proud of what I did. Had we gone out on bad scores and not-so-good dancing, it would've probably been different. We went out on a perfect score and an encore performance. What am I supposed to feel bad about? My student did amazing. The result is beyond our control. We all know that by now. I told Brandy before the results to be proud, be happy with what you achieved. I asked if she had any regrets and she said no. And I said that's all that matters.

I wouldn't say I'm mad about the result, but I am disappointed. I am disappointed in a lot of things. I'm disappointed in the hate. I'm disappointed in comments, not just from viewers. Whenever I speak, I speak publicly. One thing about me people know by now is that you will never say "Hey, did you hear what Maks secretly said?" If I have anything to say, I say it publicly because I want to take responsibility for my words. If I'm wrong, I'll take responsibility, apologize or take my words back. I can't take words back for things I didn't say. I was very disappointed, shocked and hurt to hear that Bristol told a magazine that I don't like her. It's a complete and absolute lie what she said. I have no idea where she got that from. I never ever said I don't like her — nevermind the fact that it's not true that I don't like her. The only thing I've said about her is that I think she should embrace the show more when she got homesick — which is something I would say to every celebrity who comes on the show and has a low point midseason. [B]I have nothing against Bristol, the Palins, politics, the tea party and whatnot. I respect what she's done on the show and her place in the final.[/B]

I want my fans to understand me and not to be angry at the show. I don't want to say I'm the most just and most fair person, but I think I've matured in a way where I realize what good is anger going to do for anyone? I want everyone to know that I had a blast this season with Brandy. People's perception of Brandy that she's a diva couldn't be further from the truth. I've never met anyone who smiles more, she never complained. Given everything she's overcome in her life, she's become such a positive person. She gave the show her all and she was upset like a serious athlete who's preparing for something only to come up short.

What people don't know is that I had a complete mental breakdown last Thursday and I had zero clue about how to do the Argentine tango. Nothing was coming to me. Brandy helped me tremendously many weeks, but this week especially. I was having nightmares. We came in Friday and I spoke to Tony and he said look on YouTube for inspiration. I watched some videos and only saw blurs. I told Brandy, "Let's take a different approach. Let me not teach you, but let's just dance. Where do you want to start?" She said the stage. I said we can use the steps. Next thing you knew, we started dancing. It was a dance that we truly choreographed together. And what do you know? We got a 30. Brandy has been an amazing partner and I will truly never understand the amount of hate that permeates the Internet. What is with all the negativity? People pass judgment so fast without knowing anything about anybody. I feel so bad for these people who have nothing better to do in their lives than to spend time complaining about me. Why would you waste time and energy on someone and something you apparently don't like?

As for the finale, we will be there Tuesday along with everyone else. We will not be doing a freestyle despite Bruno's request. I would never put Brandy through that. When you get eliminated, you completely exhale and your body goes into shutdown mode. Your muscles were in such tension and you're on autopilot during the season that when you get eliminated, you start feeling everything. I'm very proud of everything Brandy's accomplished. There's no reason for her to train to do a freestyle.

I don't have predictions for the final three. I think I've covered my feelings. I think under the given circumstance, if we went home because Brandy had more performing experience or America liked someone who improved, then Kyle should win. Jennifer has been a phenomenon from the beginning and while Bristol has improved, she hasn't improved as much as Kyle and is not as good a dancer as either of them. Kyle has the full package. He has drastically improved since the beginning of the season, is a blast to watch and knows how to put on a show-stopping performance. He is a true entertainer. Of course, it comes down to the votes in the end.

Is the voting system flawed? If it is, what exactly can I do? I do care a lot about the show — I want that to be clear. I want dancing on TV. As long as people are dancing, let viewers see them dance. I'm just happing that this platform is represented. I believe the majority of people out there knows good dancing from bad. If one person goes on the show and stays on because of an obscene amount of fans, that's on their conscience. People know what they see and no amount of votes can change that.

Everyone's asking me about next season. All I can say right now is, "We'll see." Like I said, I love the show and I don't want to see it fail. I love the fact it promotes dancing. The show is not perfect, but nothing is. I'm not going to go on a strike. I'm never not going to dance cha-cha or anything. Honestly, there's not hate on the planet to make me stop believe what I believe. No votes are going to stop me from dancing. If they ask me back and the situation is permitting and it's right for me and my family, then absolutely. I may not be driven in the same way as I was this season or in previous seasons, but maybe that will be a good thing. But as of right now, the answer is I don't know. We'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

I am back home in New York right now and couldn't be happier! After such a grueling season, I feel recharged and ready to restart. I saw my family, I saw Sleep, I spent time with my mom. It's been fantastic. Now it's back to business. We signed Tony to our company as partners and we're going to take Dance with Me outside the tri-state area. Tony's a phenomenal teacher. He's had success running past studios. We're looking to open studios in L.A., Vegas, and hopefully a town near you where you are. My brother is doing amazing. He just finished fifth in the world championships this past weekend in a higher category. He's going for his unprecedented third title. As for my top-secret show, It's being put together right now. It's a slow process because of my commitments to other things. When it does come into fruition, you'll be the first to know.

Finally, I just want to say a huge thank you to all of you — our fans — for everything this season and beyond. We feel a lot of love. Thank you for your humongous support during the tough times and the good times this season. It has truly meant a lot to both of us. It's something that I will cherish. No hard feelings, no bad feelings for anything. It's all only part of reinforcing what I do. I feel the love. I took criticism. We all have flaws. I'm certainly no exception. I'm just going to try to continue to improve as a person, a teacher, a dancer, a son, a brother and a friend. Follow me on Twitter and my website to see what we're doing and what I'm doing.

That's all for now. Thanks again for reading!

Maks
    Dancing's Maks "Disappointed in a Lot of Things"; Thanks Fans - Celebrity Blogs | TVGuide.com
    Last edited by veg_out; 11-19-2010 at 11:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock;4109390;
    Reading Maks' blog in regard to his future, it doesn't sound too good. He's implying that he's leaving (Willingly or not isn't alluded too mind you).

I thought his blog was well-thought out and honest, which is what I've seen from him all season. It's what I also see with Kyle and Lacey - little drama, and no gimmicks.

He is right though - Brandy's past and the politics really don't have a place on this show.
    Yeah, part of me wondered if Maks told the show as much before season 11 happened. Good for him.

Regarding this "feud" now between Bristol and Maks, what. ever. If we're going on this show being a supposed DANCE competition, then for me, the final three ranking should be 3rd Bristol, 2nd Kyle, and 1st Jennifer IF we're going on BEST dancer. But the show gives us the liberty to vote based on WHATEVER criteria we deem fit; therefore, if someone wants to vote for Bristol the Pistol cuz she can shoot a gun and not based on her dancing, rock on! If I want to vote for Kyle cuz he's hilarious, he's entertaining, he really works his butt off and doesn't just sit on his butt complaining how HARD it is, and cuz he's improved, then I can vote that way. If someone wants to vote for Jennifer cuz Derek's her partner, AWESOME CHAWSOME!

ABC will choose the winner anyway!!!!

And, since we live in this awesome society of free choice and opinion, Maks sporting a knock-out t-shirt: http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/8957/568758.jpg

Rock the vote on Monday, peeps!
    Last edited by veg_out; 11-19-2010 at 12:02 PM.

Thanks for sharing Maks' blog, it was well thought out and as honest as I always find him to be.

I hope he comes back next season, he's one of the reasons I tune in.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Regarding the bolded veg_out, that's exactly why I believe Bristol was full of it when she said Maks didn't like her. We know he's not shy about hiding his feelings and being PC. I believe she just took something he said that wasn't remotely negative about her, or the fact he wasn't cheerleading her like the show has been in the press, and assumed he didn't like her. I'm glad she's getting called out, and hope someone in interviews asks her what the deal is. Last week on E! News she was asked, and basically answered in a round about way. She didn't confirm or deny Maks said anything, just referred to "the haters" Maks came right out and said he never mentioned anything about not liking her.

I'm actually hopeful by that paragraph he'll be back, maybe. Sounds like he's going to have enough on his plate even if he doesn't. I'll miss him greatly if he decides to take a break, for good or just a season.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4109506;
    Regarding the bolded veg_out, that's exactly why I believe Bristol was full of it when she said Maks didn't like her. We know he's not shy about hiding his feelings and being PC. I believe she just took something he said that wasn't remotely negative about her, or the fact he wasn't cheerleading her like the show has been in the press, and assumed he didn't like her. I'm glad she's getting called out, and hope someone in interviews asks her what the deal is. Last week on E! News she was asked, and basically answered in a round about way. She didn't confirm or deny Maks said anything, just referred to "the haters" Maks came right out and said he never mentioned anything about not liking her.

I'm actually hopeful by that paragraph he'll be back, maybe. Sounds like he's going to have enough on his plate even if he doesn't. I'll miss him greatly if he decides to take a break, for good or just a season.

Yeah, how convenient that the story came out just before voting. Maks has never been PC. So, I expect if he'd have said anything of the kind we'd have heard about it.

Bristol is shrewd. She's not the innocent some think her to be. She's been around the block a few times in more ways than one.

+ Reply to Thread