+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 51 FirstFirst ... 293031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast

Thread: Brandy & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 11

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Brandy & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 11

Quote Originally Posted by nikkij_26;4108721;
    The judges, Bruno specifically requested Brandy & Maks do their freestyle next week. The show creator Conrad Green also reiterated his wish for Brandy & Maks to come and perform their freestyle. This started with them. Brandy had nothing to do with it. So, anyone's issue with the request should start with them not Brandy and has nothing to do with her as an empathetic person or professional. Brandy doesn't need any pity party or professional career help either that lead to this request. Quite the contrary! This is about producers and others trying to pacify viewers for a Bristol run season that they are hearing about on every news station. It didn't derive from Brandy. Also didn't Joana Krupa and Derek perform their freestyle on the finale results show during her season?
    They didn't perform their freestyle that I recall, but the actual episode they were eliminated they got to perform their waltz after they were announced as leaving (which if I remember was the waltz they performed the previous night). Starting in season 9, nearly every couple came on and performed a new dance vs one they did in the season. They let Tom Delay come out and perform the two step (which I believe is the only reason it got added in the first place; then he dropped out the episode before due to an injury).

I do like that Brandy/Maks have gotten on Team Kyle (or Schmurgles). He is everything that Maks said, which is why he'll be my season 10 underdog/most improved/came in at the biggest disadvantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;4107890;
    I don't recall another couple booted off before the finals being asked to come back and perform their FS, so to me it was an obvious statement acknowledging the fact that the wrong pair was eliminated. And as others have said, the judges can thank theselves for that, at least in part, for scoring Bristol way too high and heaping compliments on her about how much she improved, when in fact she didn't improve enough to deserve all the praise. It was Kyle who did! I don't think Brandy and Maks should perform a FS unless they're extremely well-paid to do so, and even then the only reason I would like to see them do it is to further emphasize how ludicrous it was for them to get eliminated instead of Bristol because I couldn't be more certain that her FS performance could not begin to compare to Brandy's.
    They didn't score them too high. Bristol/Mark deserved 10's for paso and 9's for waltz. They did however overscore Brandy giving her 9's for a paso that was mistake ridden and lacked attack and should have gotten 8's. Tango was good but left me cold, should have been 9's. America was right in who they sent home.
    "We were just going to do whatever it took to win."--Texas Longhorn Quarterback Colt McCoy

I would think if they do their FS it would be on Tuesday night. The show's producer also requested they do it but not sure if they will. I'm not even sure if they have a choice based on their contract so we will have to wait and see.

I'd like to see their FS. I think it has potential to be outstanding and if they are going to dance either way might as well be something knew. I hope we get to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;4108733;
    I liked that response.
    He basically said that Kyle is everything that Bristol claims to be but he can also dance.
    He made some vg points about why Kyle should win. I will vote him now. He's most improved, he can dance, and he has always performed well. He was prob the least well known save Audrina and he's gone this far on his own merit which is a plus.

If Grey takes it all however I won't be disappointed as she's danced beautifully throughout. I do wish it was a more competitive finale. It would have been nice to see her go against Brandy who was the next best dancer after Grey.

The overscoring of Bristol started early and continued on. They needed to overscore her to make it less of a mockery when she stayed. If they gave her real scores late and she still got the votes it would look even worse. Show tried to mitigate the damage and also keep the outrage and drama.

I think it was obvious to the show, and to the judges, from Week 1 that Bristol's fanbase was exponentially larger than anyone else's.
    And, I don't think thta even extremely low scores on their part would have mitigated that.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by bevorules;4109083;
    They didn't score them too high. Bristol/Mark deserved 10's for paso and 9's for waltz. They did however overscore Brandy giving her 9's for a paso that was mistake ridden and lacked attack and should have gotten 8's. Tango was good but left me cold, should have been 9's. America was right in who they sent home.
    I somewhat agree with you - tho many don't agree - to me it was a break-thru night on monday for Bristol and Mark - they did a fantastic job and their interpretation of the dance and music was very well done.
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

TV Insiders podcast: Maks from 'DWTS' talks smack, Brenda from 'Survivor' discusses her shocking exit, and we tell you why 'Grey's Anatomy' is back! | EW.com

Here's an interview with Maks. He says the same thing I've thought about Kyle all season-he reminds him of Warren Sapp. Maks is happy with him in the finals. He's going to Mel's house for Thanksgiving, which I think is sweet they're still so close. Another partner he got screwed with He touches on the CA incident, very well if I may add (he does say screw CA and that she's never seen them actually compete, so he sounds more disappointed that some give it their all and others don't but still get rewarded).

And I guess I missed the memo, but some viewers thought Maks was wearing a thong underneath his white pants in his waltz outfit (he wasn't).

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4109199;

And I guess I missed the memo, but some viewers thought Maks was wearing a thong underneath his white pants in his waltz outfit (he wasn't).
    It's a very interesting interview to say the least.

Check out EW's hidden gems from that week and you'll see the pic that queries if he's wearing a thong. Hilarious!

FORT Fanatic

Just because Maks didn't say what Bristol said that he said about her in public, doesn't mean he didn't express those sentiments in private and she got wind of it. I absolutely believe that's how he feels. It's how most of you feel, why wouldn't he feel that way too? Of course he's going to deny saying it.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4109199;
    TV Insiders podcast: Maks from 'DWTS' talks smack, Brenda from 'Survivor' discusses her shocking exit, and we tell you why 'Grey's Anatomy' is back! | EW.com

Here's an interview with Maks. He says the same thing I've thought about Kyle all season-he reminds him of Warren Sapp. Maks is happy with him in the finals. He's going to Mel's house for Thanksgiving, which I think is sweet they're still so close. Another partner he got screwed with He touches on the CA incident, very well if I may add (he does say screw CA and that she's never seen them actually compete, so he sounds more disappointed that some give it their all and others don't but still get rewarded).

I personally think that Kyle is a better, sharper, more precise dancer than Warren Sapp. Whereas Warren showed personality and had charisma, he appeared to be traipsing around the floor most of the time to me. Kyle actually is doing steps and making all kinds of body movements that weren't that evident to me with Warren.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

+ Reply to Thread