+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 51 FirstFirst ... 272829303132333435363738394041424344454647 ... LastLast

Thread: Brandy & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 11

Re: Brandy & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 11

Quote Originally Posted by Tobi;4108491;
    The thing is, I love looking at Max as much as the next person, but you have to admit in almost every season he has been on he has been in some sort of controversy whether invented or actual. Where there is that much smoke there is usually a fire. Our Max is a @hit stirrer, lol. I notice that he enjoys being a victim on every season. From the start no one thought that Brandi had the fanbase and I think it's pretty amazing that she lasted as long as she did. All of his self righteous indignation is a little off putting but does go along with his past personality in similar situations. I love watching him, but I don't think of him as indispensable. I'm sure someone would love to take his place.

Oh, I think Maks is appreciated for a variety of reasons! Some peeps love to look at him, and why would you NOT? I mean, c'mon! Some peeps like his bravado. Some people just love every bit of him from the outside in.

Since first discovering Maks last season, I find him fascinating, not only to look at but his personality, mostly because he is flawed and so human. He's a contradiction often, but his honesty is refreshing. As a fan of his, I see his mouthing off as just hotheadness and passion, but I can understand why some find him annoying. I find Derek annoying though talented. Everyone likes something different.

This season, I was most impressed with his choreography. Aside from MelB and Joanna's AT, I hadn't seen him knock it out of the park. Oh wait, there was Erin's AT, too
    Last edited by veg_out; 11-18-2010 at 11:39 AM.

Check out the interview I posted in media thread with Pierre Dulaine about the results of Tuesday's show. I do love Pierre Dulaine!!

Also Conrad Green did an interview with George from ABC 7 and he reiterrated that he hope dBrandy and Maks would return to do their freestyle dance. However, George said Conrad hoped they would do their freestyle on Monday finale night versus Tuesday, results show night.

Quote Originally Posted by nikkij_26;4108649;
    Check out the interview I posted in media thread with Pierre Dulaine about the results of Tuesday's show. I do love Pierre Dulaine!!

Also Conrad Green did an interview with George from ABC 7 and he reiterrated that he hope dBrandy and Maks would return to do their freestyle dance. However, George said Conrad hoped they would do their freestyle on Monday finale night versus Tuesday, results show night.

That's just all kinds of wrong. Brandy is no longer a contender. Why would she do it with the rest of the finalists?

It definitely belongs on the results show, not Monday night's show - no matter what dance they decide to perform.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by veg_out;4108650;
    That's just all kinds of wrong. Brandy is no longer a contender. Why would she do it with the rest of the finalists?
    I agree why in the world are they catering to this ..... she lost that week plain and simple like hundrends before her....

This pity party for this girl is going way to far...and if she was any kind of a professional, empathic person she would not do this next week...

How would she feel if they had someone come on and do a free-style that lost to show everyone what they lost out on, and to put down a certain one that is still there I guess? sad..

You do realize too that her coming on next week just furthers her prospects for future TV work and maybe boost her singing career....that's probably what this is all about....

FORT Fanatic

and another thing .... is this going to start a precendent that from now on when people feel bad that someone lost they will allow them to come on the finals and perform....?

Quote Originally Posted by trisha22;4108669;
    and another thing .... is this going to start a precendent that from now on when people feel bad that someone lost they will allow them to come on the finals and perform....?
    you do know that all the couples eliminated come back for the finale to perform, right??
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;4108552;
    I seriously doubt Brandy & Maks will do their freestyle next week. First off, it was Bruno who invited them to do it, and he doesn't have a say in these things. Second, it would be inappropriate to have one couple get to do a freestyle and not other eliminated couples. I'm still sick over Brandy being eliminated, but she was, and she shouldn't get special treatment apart from the others. Third, the finale is probably already pre-planned, and I doubt they would bump a musical guest or montage for this.

Tom has already sort of cringed openly about Bruno's invitation in interviews. He also made a good point: a freestyle takes a ton of time and effort to rehearse and perfect. Why would Brandy & Maks put themselves through that for another week when they aren't even in the competition anymore?
    What I worry about more, is that if they decided to do a freestyle, I have my doubts they'd put a ton of effort into it. It doesn't count, it's just for show, and probably wouldn't have been their actual freestyle in the first place. But I'm sure people would assume it would be, and that would start a negative train of comments that a freestyle like that wouldn't have won it for them anyway I think it was pure crap, yet again, on the judges part to suggest that. Or rather, Bruno. I think unlike Kurt, this did sting a little bit more to the show, if the reaction of everyone said anything.

Quote Originally Posted by trisha22;4108667;

How would she feel if they had someone come on and do a free-style that lost to show everyone what they lost out on, and to put down a certain one that is still there I guess? sad..

You do realize too that her coming on next week just furthers her prospects for future TV work and maybe boost her singing career....that's probably what this is all about....
    If Brandy were to perform her freestyle, I do believe that it would be at the request of the producers NOT her and Maks' decision. As anders pointed out, all couples from the season return for the finale and dance once again, usually in a group number with individual solos. None of this, i.e Brandy and Maks dancing a freestyle or any other number, has anything to do with Brandy's choosing or trying to rub it in anyone's face. It's the producers who make that call, and I do think that, since Brandy was one of the favored front-runners, which is a fact, not an opinion, her elimination was more of a wallop then the others.

My mom and her library friends had a conversation the other day after Brandy's elimination. None of them are privy to what this board knows about the show's hijinks. They all concluded that Bristol should have been eliminated, saying "It's the finals. The best dancers should be in the finals." My mom has no interest in Maks. In fact, she can't stand him and regularly reminds me that he's "a bad boy" To the average viewer, the finale is about the best dancer or entertainer; it just so happens that often those two terms also imply a certain level of popularity. Do I think that Brandy didn't have the fanbase? No way.

But, on this point, Brandy's behavior post-elimination, that girl has been nothing but gracious. Whenever she's been asked about Bristol throughout this competition, she has shown great regard for her and a protectiveness. She was often shown sitting next to her, hugging her, and holding her hand. Brandy was smiling wide on Monday when Bristol's paso earned the exact same score as hers. Kyle also said that Brandy was extremely supportive of everyone.

Whatever she does on this show from now on is at the bidding of the producers. She could decline, but ya know, Bristol could have done the same thing in the early weeks of competition when she started knocking out people who were better dancers.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4108681;
    What I worry about more, is that if they decided to do a freestyle, I have my doubts they'd put a ton of effort into it. It doesn't count, it's just for show, and probably wouldn't have been their actual freestyle in the first place. But I'm sure people would assume it would be, and that would start a negative train of comments that a freestyle like that wouldn't have won it for them anyway I think it was pure crap, yet again, on the judges part to suggest that. Or rather, Bruno. I think unlike Kurt, this did sting a little bit more to the show, if the reaction of everyone said anything.
    I seriously doubt that Brandy and Maks will dance on Monday night, but will on the results show along with all the others. Because of their fourth place finish, they will be given the opportunity to do a solo dance of a shorter length than the competition freestyle would be, as opposed to the celebs eliminated in the first few weeks, who tend to dance only as part of a group number. What I suspect they might choose to do is a latin dance with some free style (probably hiphop) elements in it, maybe a cha cha.

BTW, it's not unprecedented for a "wrongly" eliminated star to come back and dance a highly fussed over new number in the finale; didn't Sabrina get to perform a special dance with Mark that season to accompany one of the live performance acts, which I suppose was the show's way of apologizing to her for not making the finals?

+ Reply to Thread