+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 51 FirstFirst ... 262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast

Thread: Brandy & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 11

FORT Regular

Re: Brandy & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 11

I'm In! I'm In! Maks Adoration Society. Yum-Yum.
    Yes, I studied the photo posted by veg out and now need to take a cold shower. lol

FORT Fogey

I'd like to join the adoration society. Where do I sign up?

I looked at the pictures. OMG. He is one hot guy.

Has it been confirmed whether Brandy/Maks will come back to do their free style? They seem to be busy making appearances this week with no time for practice. They are scheduled to be on "The View" today which should be an entertaining discussion. I have my DVR ready!

Quote Originally Posted by MiniDiva;4108481;
    Has it been confirmed whether Brandy/Maks will come back to do their free style? They seem to be busy making appearances this week with no time for practice. They are scheduled to be on "The View" today which should be an entertaining discussion. I have my DVR ready!
    I'm rather hoping they don't show up.
    The View has advertised the DWTS castoffs as guests every week, but most of them haven't shown. Even Kurt and Anna didn't, despite Hasselbeck claiming Kurt as a close family friend.

Maks was pretty outspoke in defence of Erin after Hasselbeck's disgusting comments on her dance costumes last season and I really hope they, like pretty much every other couple, give this appearance the swerve.
    "That's Numberwang!"

The thing is, I love looking at Max as much as the next person, but you have to admit in almost every season he has been on he has been in some sort of controversy whether invented or actual. Where there is that much smoke there is usually a fire. Our Max is a @hit stirrer, lol. I notice that he enjoys being a victim on every season. From the start no one thought that Brandi had the fanbase and I think it's pretty amazing that she lasted as long as she did. All of his self righteous indignation is a little off putting but does go along with his past personality in similar situations. I love watching him, but I don't think of him as indispensable. I'm sure someone would love to take his place.

I seriously doubt Brandy & Maks will do their freestyle next week. First off, it was Bruno who invited them to do it, and he doesn't have a say in these things. Second, it would be inappropriate to have one couple get to do a freestyle and not other eliminated couples. I'm still sick over Brandy being eliminated, but she was, and she shouldn't get special treatment apart from the others. Third, the finale is probably already pre-planned, and I doubt they would bump a musical guest or montage for this.

Tom has already sort of cringed openly about Bruno's invitation in interviews. He also made a good point: a freestyle takes a ton of time and effort to rehearse and perfect. Why would Brandy & Maks put themselves through that for another week when they aren't even in the competition anymore?
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;4108552;
    I seriously doubt Brandy & Maks will do their freestyle next week. First off, it was Bruno who invited them to do it, and he doesn't have a say in these things. Second, it would be inappropriate to have one couple get to do a freestyle and not other eliminated couples. I'm still sick over Brandy being eliminated, but she was, and she shouldn't get special treatment apart from the others. Third, the finale is probably already pre-planned, and I doubt they would bump a musical guest or montage for this.

Tom has already sort of cringed openly about Bruno's invitation in interviews. He also made a good point: a freestyle takes a ton of time and effort to rehearse and perfect. Why would Brandy & Maks put themselves through that for another week when they aren't even in the competition anymore?
    I suspect you are right <sigh> dad blast it! I would have loved to have seen what Makes would have choreographed for the beautiful (to me) Brandy. However, did anyone else catch Lacey mentioning - before they had made it through to the finals - that we "should see our freestyle" ? Evidently, they had been working on theirs ahead of time in anticipation of making it to the finals.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by veg_out;4108394;
    moondust, FTW!

Also, now I understand why there was no embrace between Bristol/Mark, Maks/Brandy during elimination. He knew she'd accused him of something untrue. Only this week has Maks sounded off about Bristol after weekly respecting her place in the competition per his eOnline blogs. In his GMA interview this AM, he even said that Bristol surely deserved to be in the finals, just as they all do.

P.S. Ms. Griss, you're welcome for the vid. I struggled with B and M those first weeks, but as of week 5, they had hit a groove and were just gorgeous to watch.

Poor Brandy: Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected

ETA: Maksim's Adoration Society: Our meeting has begun. First order of agenda: Study this photo: Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected
    Maks can be a hothead - we know that. However, Maks is most definitely a professional in his field which happens to very much be in the media. We know that, and he will not let us forget it. This situation with Bristol is another example of how Maks is showing us the professional that he is and that Bristol is not ( and I am not slamming Bristol here. She is not a professional entertainer at all).
    Also, Maks is older and more mature. He also has most definitely shown us that he wants us to recognize that fact as well by his actions and his words; therefore, he took the higher ground and was kinder to the younger and less mature Bristol.

Props to Maks. Bristol too will mature as she ages and as she is more in the limelight in her chosen field.

My field is education. At 20, I was nowhere near as mature in my words and actions as I am now in middle-age. I suspect many of us can tell the same tale!
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

Each couple is returning for the finale on Tuesday and dancing to something – what’s the big deal if Maks choreographs a FS for Brandy. I don’t get the big deal about it – they’re going to dance to something.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;4108552;

I definitely agree with the point about Brandy and Maks limiting the extra effort of designing/practicing a freestyle. I disagree that it would be unfair since Derek and Joanna danced again the results show night that they were eliminated, and it wasn't the encore dance. Since the whole crew returns and dances--Flo is doing a new samba--why not? Besides, the show is stinkin' unfair all the way around the bend

+ Reply to Thread