+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 51 FirstFirst ... 252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast

Thread: Brandy & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 11

Re: Brandy & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 11

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg;4108347;
    Me three with my buds Kara and NV. Maks is the reason to watch DWTS. He is incredibly talented, intelligent, speaks his mind and is crazy hot. Now all we need is for veg_out and jucamer to show up and we'll have the necessary quorum to call a meeting to order of our Maks adoration society.
    can I be president of that society? I'll even dance for it..... and I bet I could get a bunch of my friends to vote me
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

I'm not a big Maks fan and never have been but I did feel bad for him last night and this season. Sad that Bristol maligned him when he was kind to her in interviews. I'm glad he spoke out about it and set the record straight on that. I can't imagine Mark was happy about Bristol's comments either.

I have no doubt show would want Maks back but not sure he wants to come back. The older pros are typically treated the worst, get more than their share of clunkers, and aren't a part of the judge's fave core of pros. It would have to get tiring and disappointing after so many seasons of it.

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer;4108350;
    can I be president of that society? I'll even dance for it..... and I bet I could get a bunch of my friends to vote me
    I'll vote for you, NV -- I'm easily swayed that way. And I just saw that jucamer did check in. She changed her avatar and I didn't recognize her at first.

Those are kind words about Maks, ChelsieFan, even though he's not one of your faves.

And I really feel for Brandy. I can't think of anyone I've seen more genuinely upset to have to leave DWTS.

I honestly don't know if I'd watch DWTS if Maks leaves. I like to see the athletes compete - mostly the retired football players since I follow football closely - but would just catch their clips on youtube, I think, if Maks leaves.

ETA: What about the rest of our Maks adoration society? Would you guys give up on DWTS without Maks?
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

There once was a dancer named Maksim
    Who was oh, so hot and so handsome
    The way he danced around the floor
    All the ladies would adore
    And for a turn would pay a hefty ransom
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

Love the Limerick, NV! I'm also a member of the Maks Fan Club. The way he has conducted himself this season impressed me. I loved how he stood up to CA's nitpicking. I loved how he showed the world that he and Brandy were good friends despite rumors to the contrary. I'm really glad he called Bristol out for being a liar (and a bad sport), tho of course he didn't use those words. And as much as I'd personally like to see their free-style, I hope they say no unless they get substanitally rewarded. The show lost its chance. They don't owe DWTS their freestyle. They can do it in a new Brandy video.

Quote Originally Posted by nikkij_26;4108349;
    I had a bad feeling and kind of knew when I saw how sad Tom was. I knew how much he liked Brandy. It was key when Tome specifically said before announcing eliminations that it was the "cruelest" elimination. He's never said something like that. Then, the way he aske dher for a hug. SO sweet. I also agree with the bolded on the freestyle dance, which speaks to the other interview Maks gave with E! about how he and Brandy feel they worked so hard and put in so much effort for nothing. That not only applies to the freestyle or this season but, the broader spectrum of what the show is about and the Bristol situation. Is the show a dancing competition or not? If it's not a dancing competition why bust your butt trying to improve your dancing and being the best dancer if it's going to count for nothing. You might as well put in less work and just play for the popularity votes. The fan vote is supposed to be equalizer and popularity vote, ok. But then, if you have that as equalizer the judges shouldn't then be judging on a curve too and, like carrie ann especially, overscoring and not judging based strictly on equal standard of dance ability. It's supposed to be counter-balance. The judges strictly dancing and the fans popularity.
    Totally agree. And I think even a lot of the fans vote based on dancing performance too, not just on whether they like the 'star' or not.

I don't follow DWTS a lot, mainly because so many of the 'stars' are lousy dancers. I prefer SWTYCD. But I've seen a few of this season's episodes and, especially in the last few weeks, the judges have been way too easy on Bristol - at the expense of several much, much better dancers, e.g., Brandy. Having given Bristol 8s and 9s this week, Jennifer and Brandy should have gotten at least 12s, because they danced that much better.

I feel awful for Brandy. She should have faced off with Jennifer for the title, and maybe even won. I just hope she recognizes this show for the light, fluffy travesty that it is, especially this year, and realizes that her elimination has nothing to do with her stage presence, personality, or dancing skill.
    Dogs have owners. Cats have staff. §;-D

Quote Originally Posted by veg_out;4108026;
    Thanks, Veg Out. Interesting interview.

When Maks was talking about voting based on the packages, I wonder if he was also referring to the negative impressions that were given of him and Brandy in the initial weeks. Those packages definitely created a negative impression of her that was difficult to overcome.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Twitter is giving me quite a laugh tonight. Someone tweeted to Erin that she needs to stay away from Maks because she's bad luck. I think CA is taking a lot of heat. Mark tweeted he won't tweet until the season's over because he's taking a beating. Reminds me of Maks saying people brag to him that they signed up for twitter just to tell him off. I'm ticked, but don't care to that extent. The show is what it is. I still call Jennifer winning (probably the only non-upset since Audrina got booted). Audrina, Florence, Rick, Kurt, now Brandy...what a season this could have been, and what it became And I don't even think Rick or Florence were the best dancers, but definitely deserved to stick around over Bristol.

I thank Maks for giving us those leather pants and that white ensemble that he wore for their waltz, I think it was

chrisg, I maintain DWTS can go on without certain pros, but Maks has become as much of the show as Derek. Now, I don't care for Derek and am tired of this being Dancing With Derek, co-starring Mark, and then these other people who don't matter. So I wouldn't care if he was gone, but I think the show would be missing something. Just like I do with Maks. Season 6 was not the same. It was an enjoyable season, aside from the obvious Kristi factor (I still think if they want to put people on that are that advanced like Kristi, Sabrina, Mya, and Nicole they should have them all on the same season). But I missed my bad boy Russian, especially after an amazing season with Mel B Maks's comment on GMA today was interesting. He made some remark about viewers only seeing what the producers want, and maybe not seeing what a person is really like behind the scenes. I don't know if that was a jab at someone left, or if that was meant for people who lashed out at Brandy. So I'd probably tune in, but I'd be mourning. If it looked like another Hough/Ballas/Cheryl ride to the semi's or a win, it'd be really hard to even care. I wish we could go back to the day when they didn't make it overly obvious who they were pushing for. It's become so predictable, right down to the front runners having off weeks then getting back to the top. I think Nicole's obvious win last season hurt things a little, hence why they tried to make this season an open field (or so they said).

NV, nice

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer;4108354;
    There once was a dancer named Maksim
    Who was oh, so hot and so handsome
    The way he danced around the floor
    All the ladies would adore
    And for a turn would pay a hefty ransom
    This is so great! I just watched People's 25 sexiest men. They went behind the scenes to the offices where they decide. On the board where they put their ideas were two names: Maks and Derek! Of course, Ryan Reynolds was chosen, but maybe we'll get to see Maks in the issue when it comes out!
    Stay tuned for "Dancing with the Dancers"!

Quote Originally Posted by moondust222;4108323;
    THE POINT IS THAT PEOPLE ARE NOT VOTING FOR HOW WELL A PERSON DANCED SINCE MANY WHO VOTED DIDN'T EVEN WATCH THE SHOW...THEY ARE VOTING BASED ON TRYING TO HELP A CERTAIN PERSON'S DAUGHTER WIN A CONTEST. I'd be angry too. It has become a game to make Bristol win no matter how badly or well she danced. Yes, I am angry that there is a huge "network" of people each calling and reminding others to vote yet don't even watch the show...people who have no interest in the show, but will still vote for a certain daughter of a presidential wannabe.
    moondust, FTW!

Also, now I understand why there was no embrace between Bristol/Mark, Maks/Brandy during elimination. He knew she'd accused him of something untrue. Only this week has Maks sounded off about Bristol after weekly respecting her place in the competition per his eOnline blogs. In his GMA interview this AM, he even said that Bristol surely deserved to be in the finals, just as they all do.

P.S. Ms. Griss, you're welcome for the vid. I struggled with B and M those first weeks, but as of week 5, they had hit a groove and were just gorgeous to watch.

Poor Brandy: Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected

ETA: Maksim's Adoration Society: Our meeting has begun. First order of agenda: Study this photo: Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected
    Last edited by veg_out; 11-18-2010 at 01:51 AM.

+ Reply to Thread