+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 51 FirstFirst ... 242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast

Thread: Brandy & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 11

FORT Fanatic

Re: Brandy & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 11

Quote Originally Posted by Calypso;4108300;
    Anyone expecting Maks to be back next season? I think he finally sealed his fate with this show. Anyway sounded like he was giving a goodbye speech last night. Um...goodbye! Both Brandy and Maks were way too confident in their ability and probably turned off a lot of people in the process. They did me.
    The guy sounds like a sore loser to me....What he is really doing is criticizing the American public on what they felt was the winner that night......like he was doing with Carrie Ann on the prior show.....

Something does not set right with me in regard to this guy...a diva type term comes to mind....

I have a strong feeling that Ms. Palin got a landslide of votes.
    I don't think it was even close to what the others got.
    I also think that Brandy came into this with a small fanbase. I think the fanbase started shrinking even more after Maks' remarks, while Kyle's started an upward trajectory.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

SYTYCD is my favorite dance show. Last years free style Maks did with Erin reminded me of a dance you would see on that show. I wish he would have won either that year or with Mel B. This year his cranky routine has gotton old. I did like last night how he said this was America and the people vote for who they want. I think he has implied that several better people have left the show without mentioning Bristols name. Pretty obvious who he meant though. I really do not put much stock in these blurbs that come out in rag mags. Who really knows what was said and what was not. The interviews that I have seen today it seems Mark is taking the lead when asked leading questions to stop some of this.

I LOVE Maks, think he's great and adds that "extra little something" to the show. He's brutally honest and doesn't kiss butt like some others do... DWTS wouldn't be the same without him. Bristol's cockiness in attacking Maks just reaffirms to me that there's more to her getting as far as she did that simply being a fan favorite, and she knows all about it and was expecting to advance **gag**
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by trisha22;4108310;
    The guy sounds like a sore loser to me....What he is really doing is criticizing the American public on what they felt was the winner that night......like he was doing with Carrie Ann on the prior show.....

Something does not set right with me in regard to this guy...a diva type term comes to mind....
    THE POINT IS THAT PEOPLE ARE NOT VOTING FOR HOW WELL A PERSON DANCED SINCE MANY WHO VOTED DIDN'T EVEN WATCH THE SHOW...THEY ARE VOTING BASED ON TRYING TO HELP A CERTAIN PERSON'S DAUGHTER WIN A CONTEST. I'd be angry too. It has become a game to make Bristol win no matter how badly or well she danced. Yes, I am angry that there is a huge "network" of people each calling and reminding others to vote yet don't even watch the show...people who have no interest in the show, but will still vote for a certain daughter of a presidential wannabe. One member here related that her 91-year old mother didn't watch Dancing with the Stars, yet she was reminded each week to vote for Bristol and she felt proud to be voting for Bristol even though she NEVER saw her dance or any of the competitors dance.

What is not right is for it to have become a political group voting for one contestant and not the people who watch the show and vote based on how well they think a couple danced.

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer;4108318;
    I LOVE Maks, think he's great and adds that "extra little something" to the show. He's brutally honest and doesn't kiss butt like some others do... DWTS wouldn't be the same without him. Bristol's cockiness in attacking Maks just reaffirms to me that there's more to her getting as far as she did that simply being a fan favorite, and she knows all about it and was expecting to advance **gag**

I agree with everything you said - I love Maks' honesty, his emotion, his heart. I don't think I can watch DWTS if he leaves. And I also agree Bristol knew she was safe - but you can't really tell with her since she shows no emotion whatsoever...

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer;4108318;
    That's exactly why I love Maks. I appreciate the fact that he's outspoken, that he's very passionate and dedicated to what he does and making sure it's done right. He's produced some of my all time favorite routines. I think the show would miss his outspoken and 'bad boy' nature, but I definitely missed him during season 6, and his early exits the next 3 seasons.

Doesn't hurt he's absolutely gorgeous

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4108341;
    That's exactly why I love Maks. I appreciate the fact that he's outspoken, that he's very passionate and dedicated to what he does and making sure it's done right. He's produced some of my all time favorite routines. I think the show would miss his outspoken and 'bad boy' nature, but I definitely missed him during season 6, and his early exits the next 3 seasons.

Doesn't hurt he's absolutely gorgeous
    **drool** absolutely!! He's the biggest reason I watch the show... especially last season with him and Erin enjoyed watching them more than I did the Bach thats for sure! Hmmmm Maks as the next Bachelor after Brad ..... I'd watch
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

Me three with my buds Kara and NV. Maks is the reason to watch DWTS. He is incredibly talented, intelligent, speaks his mind and is crazy hot. Now all we need is for veg_out and jucamer to show up and we'll have the necessary quorum to call a meeting to order of our Maks adoration society.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

'Dancing With the Stars' host Tom Bergeron: 'Brandy wanted it more than anything'

The initial shock of Brandy's "Dancing With the Stars" dismissal has yet to wear off, but as her partner Maksim Chmerkovskiy acknowledged during the show, there's no arguing with how America votes.

Zap2it spoke with Tom Bergeron the morning after Brandy's Week 9 elimination, and though he has seen his share of surprising exits in his 11 seasons, Brandy's still caught the host off guard.

"You get down to this point, and it's always going to be hard, but I was surprised," Bergeron tells Zap2it. "I would have thought she was going to the finals."

Bergeron generally knows about the eliminations beforehand -- other than during the finale, when he wants to be surprised -- and this was no exception. But that didn't prepare him for how the news was received in the studio.

"I don't think I've ever done this at the end of the show," says Bergeron. "I just said 'I need a hug.' Everyone was just standing around. No one knew what to do."

Contributing a bit to the awkward quotient was the judges' offer for Brandy to return to the finals to perform her freestyle... for fun.

"That kind of landed with a thud," says Bergeron. "I suppose it was meant with all good intention, but if I had just been stunned and found out I wasn't going to make it to the final, the prospect of busting my butt to do a freestyle wouldn't have much appeal. I would fully understand if they politely decline."

Brandy didn't comment on whether or not she was interested in returning with a freestyle, but it was clear during the broadcast that she was still digesting the news.

"I thought Brandy wanted it more than anything, quite frankly" says Bergeron, "which made it very hard."

We'll have more from Bergeron between now and the Nov. 22 finale.

'Dancing With the Stars' host Tom Bergeron: 'Brandy wanted it more than anything' - From Inside the Box - Zap2it

I brought this over because I thought Tom's sentiments really spoke to how people felt about the elimination in the studio. I had a bad feeling and kind of knew when I saw how sad Tom was. I knew how much he liked Brandy. It was key when Tome specifically said before announcing eliminations that it was the "cruelest" elimination. He's never said something like that. Then, the way he aske dher for a hug. SO sweet. I also agree with the bolded on the freestyle dance, which speaks to the other interview Maks gave with E! about how he and Brandy feel they worked so hard and put in so much effort for nothing. That not only applies to the freestyle or this season but, the broader spectrum of what the show is about and the Bristol situation. Is the show a dancing competition or not? If it's not a dancing competition why bust your but trying to improve your dancing and being the best dancer if it's going to count for nothing. You might as well put in less work and just play for the popularity votes. The fan vote is supposed to be equalizer and popularity vote, ok. But, then if you have that as equalizer the judges shouldn't then be judging on a curve too and , like carrie ann especially, overscoring and not judging based strictly on equal standard of dance ability. It's supposed to be counter-balance. The judges strictly dancing and the fans popularity.

Those who have problems with ringers at least it's beased on dance. In previous years if the best dancer(ringer) didn't win at least it was one of the top 3 or 5 best dancers of the season (ringer& non-ringer) who won or made it into the final 3. Now, this season it's the polar opposite side of unfair where the worse dancer is making it into the top 3 and winning. Bristol based on dancing ability alone is not in the top 3 or even top 5 of the best dancers this season. That's based on the state of her dancing now, not even how bad she was when she started. That's not fair to those who competed either, those with some dance expeirence and those without. Bristol IS NOT the most improved dancer this season with/without dance experience. There were others who got sent home over her who improved more week to week than Bristol did from th ebeginning to this point right now. The show is supposed to be dancing with the STARS. Most stars have some form of dancing or performing experience even if it's only having a ballet class or 2 in their youth. Plus, what about the natural dancers without dance experience who would improve greater over time than Bristol has. If people who can learn to dance and improve better than someone like Bristol are penalized for it why bother trying to improve and do better? Some think Bristol is the only one without dance exprience. What about Kurt, Kyle, RIck, etc. ? They all improved more than she did. SO, the it's because she's improved line doesn't work. If the show not going to be about dancing let the judges go, just let fans vote, an dcelebs don't have to put much into trying to dance better. Anyway, I'm off my rant for now. I personally would love to see Brandy & Maks freestyle blow everyone out of the water and get the chance to see them dance again. However, I totally get it if they don't do it and just perform one of their old dances. They've given their all with alot of unfair stuff thrown at them from the producer packages, etc. and Maks' grandmother dying. I know Brandy wants Maks to choreograph and be in some of her videos and I hope he does. Can't wait to see it!

+ Reply to Thread