+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 51 FirstFirst ... 232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: Brandy & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 11

Re: Brandy & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 11

I can't get that link to pull up,
    Sorry, k. Try this one: YouTube - Brandy Shocked Her Dance Is Over

Quote Originally Posted by IrishGal;4107852;
    Wouldn't that require Brandy and Maks to spend a week in training? Why should they put any more effort into the show now that they've gotten the boot.
    I'm not sure, but I'm guessing they had started working on it anyway. I think most of the contestants are around the area - they're back for the final show, and I would bet they will pay Brandy, or make some arrangement for her.
    Stay tuned for "Dancing with the Dancers"!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by veg_out;4108026;
    In listening to him last night and on this clip, it appears to me that Maks appreciates the right to vote (which we as Americans often woefully take for granted) over the desire to win.

They were wonderful, and I am going to miss watching them dance in the final 2.

I hope the very best for Brandy in her (music) career.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by veg_out;4108026;
    Thanks! It's hard to get Maks's read on things. I won't be surprised if he sits next season out, though he may be back because I'm guessing the show is going to throw some changes in. I may be wrong, but I hope they do something to re-vamp. His comments are some I've heard him make before; that he feels there's a difference between doing things the right way and the TV way. I would be surprised if he hung his shoes up for good. It'll be interesting.

I'm glad he's really taking the high road and not getting into any name calling or saying it's unfair Bristol's still there. I think he definitely feels that way, and he's not alone (at least for me), but it seems the reporters keep looking for him to go off.

FORT Fanatic

Yes we know how robbed Brandy was from this show. I would like to remind everyone though that from her stint on this show and going as far as she did her face, dancing, crying and acting was on screen two days every week on one of the highest rated shows on TV.

That said.....you have as some before her not quite there media wanna be's, you have old movie, tv stars revitalizing their star power, and you have singers (in Brandy's case) who have had a slump in their career....and everyone on this show is eyeing the money to be made.....

ABC will see she is rewarded believe me her singing career will take off if she gets the right PR.......just as Nicey Nash, Maria Osmund, Kelly O, Brooke now on the show as a host....etc. all have had parts on ET tonight and other shows....

Just watch Brandy will be seen much more now than she ever was prior to this show...and that's what these wannbe, has-been stars want more than anything.....

I'm going to vote for Kyle. Maks and Brandy are pulling for him to win and Maks makes some good points. Kyle came on relatively unknown with adults and with little fanbase. Maks is right about that. He was a little heavy and he's worked on that, he's improved dance wise, and he performs well.

Maksim Slams DWTS: "This Season Has Just Been Ridiculous" - E! Online

DWTS: "This Season Has Just Been Ridiculous" Today 2:50 PM PST by Marc Malkin and Brett Malec

ABC/JAMES SORENSEN; ABC/BOB D'AMICO

In case you haven't heard, Brandy and her partner Maksim Chmerkovskiy were booted from Dancing With the Stars last night in one of the show's most shocking eliminations.

So how's our favorite DWTS pro doing today? Not too well.

Read on to find out what he told us about being thisclose to the mirrorball trophy, who he's rooting for now and what he really thinks about Bristol Palin...

MORE: DWTS episode recap

Was last night's elimination the most shocking moment you've had on the show?Yeah, for me personally, it's probably the one that's the hardest to swallow...This season has just been ridiculous since day one. Just one after another after another. Brandy and I think this is the culminating point of this season, it just came crashing down. We almost feel like the effort wasn't worth it. We put in a lot of work. We put in a lot of effort. It's been a very, very difficult season...It just feels like it was an uphill climb the entire time and to really come that short of the finale. It's just very upsetting.

Are you mad at all about it?I felt really disappointed with Bristol. On Monday night, I found out that she went on record saying that I said something about her along the lines of, "I don't like her because she's still here and she's not a good enough dancer." Every time I've opened my mouth about Bristol, I've been nothing but supportive...For her to come out on Monday night and totally smear my name the way she did, that's just completely uncalled for...I have no idea where she got it from, but wherever she got it from, shame on her and shame on whoever told her that.

What about the alleged right-wing conspiracy theory keeping Bristol on the show? Are you starting to believe it?I definitely think that the system is flawed. I think there are a lot of problems with it. I have a lot of friends in the Philadelphia area who couldn't call at all. People here, in front of me, picked up the phone, dialed one time and it said, "Thank you for voting. You are over your limit." Anybody crazy would think, "This is a conspiracy theory. Everybody's out there and wants Bristol to win." Not at all. I think it's just a flawed system.

Do you think Bristol could win?I really don't care. I think at this point I'm rooting for Kyle [Massey] because this kid has come on with no fan base, with not a known name, not someone who is in incredible shape or had a phenomenal dance background...Kyle does have the same resilience as Bristol, same dance ability as Jennifer [Grey], but he's just that kid next door...I think he's amazing.

Further evidence that Bristol was full of it when she said Maks was name calling her. If Maks felt that way, I believe he'd say it. I know one pro doesn't make or break this show, but Maks is a pretty big get, and I would say that even if I wasn't a fan. I think they'd be missing something without him.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4108221;
    Maksim Slams DWTS: "This Season Has Just Been Ridiculous" - E! Online

Further evidence that Bristol was full of it when she said Maks was name calling her. If Maks felt that way, I believe he'd say it. I know one pro doesn't make or break this show, but Maks is a pretty big get, and I would say that even if I wasn't a fan. I think they'd be missing something without him.
    I suspected Maks had heard about it when he looked so unhappy early in the show last night. I believe him that he never said anything of the kind publicly...if he had we'd all know it from the press. So it was despicable of Bristol to lie about him. Dirty politics in action!

FORT Fan

Anyone expecting Maks to be back next season? I think he finally sealed his fate with this show. Anyway sounded like he was giving a goodbye speech last night. Um...goodbye! Both Brandy and Maks were way too confident in their ability and probably turned off a lot of people in the process. They did me.

Actually, I think the show would more than welcome him back. He gives them what they want Whether he'll return or not is another story, but if he's not back, I'd have to see evidence it wasn't his own decision. It's not the first time he's dissed the show in terms of the judging and voting procedures, and he was always brought back.

Brandy came in with more negative attention than I was expecting, and the first few weeks didn't help her impression. Maks has always been a love him or leave him type, I feel for as long as he's been on the show. But even Tom said underneath it all he's a big marshmellow. I think she was getting better and gaining more fans. I'd like to think the incident with CA didn't do any harm, but I'm sure it did. How much, I don't know, but I personally don't think it did much. Most people expect that from Maks, and many online agreed with his POV, or at least taking responsibility for it afterwards. I think Kyle was the other bottom two vote getter, and maybe there was a vote split or people believing Brandy would be safe and voted for Kyle instead. It's all speculation, but I doubt Brandy lost by much in the overall vote count.

+ Reply to Thread