+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 51 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728293031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: Brandy & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 11

Re: Brandy & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 11

Maks' & Brandy's thoughts from tonight:

MaksimC: The testament to @4everBrandy 's strength is tonight's show! Even with CarrieAnn's unnecessary 'picking' Brandy SHINED! Very proud.......

MaksimC: Thank you all for the nice moments. I always take pride in what I do and felt like @4everBrandy 's effort was overlooked tonight. Sad......

4everBrandy: @MaksimC you were amazing tonight and you have helped bring something to the surface in me that I forgot was there! Love you

I loved both dances and outfits. Really loved the mood set for the waltz. It was like some scene out of Russia/Ukraine on a foggy night with Brandy walking out of the fog in her cloak. Then, Maksim removes her cloak and they both have those great outfits in white and dance away. It was really neat the way it set the mood of the song and the emotion from both was good at telling a story. Loved it. That dress of Brandy's was divine. I hope they can pull it out. Dialidol on the Frontpage has Brandy safe. However, raw scores have her towards the bottom. They had Kurt last on both list last week. However, there wasn't much distance between Kirk , Kyle and Rick and if you add in Kurt online fan base that may have been what changed things up. I know alot of people were getting busy signals for Brandy. So, we'll see. It will be online votes that count. I'm a bit nervous. Really need those split voters to pick one favorite for the end. It's to tight and too close to split votes. Especially, the way the judges have backed themselves into voting and with the Bristol, Jennifer , Kurt powerhouse voters.

Here's video of Mark ballas on Insider interview with Bristol backstage towards the end agreeing with Maks and his critique and how he handled situation last night:

YouTube - Bristol Palin Backstage on 'The Insider' Week 8

For Maks it was all about Brandi as he says in this video backstage and further explains his side of it:

YouTube - Brandy, Maksim Chmerkovskiy Backstage Week 8

I think more than anything what Maks took issue with was how Carrie Ann came at Brandy with the "what about your musicality" and the Kurt comparison. If Carrie ann had just gave them or lower score or approached it the way Len does making it a general thing he wouldn't have had as big of an issue. Len likes all his dances to start right away with out the little skits and things in the beginning but, he expresses it in a general way. Like, " I never like all that kind of stuff in the beginning but I loved the dance overall." However, Carrie Ann saw Brandy talking about her musicality in the package piece so she expected that they were start off right off dancing. When they didn't she called herself calling Brandy out on her statements. What she didn't realize was that Brandy was talking in general about acclimating to the music without even knowing the song and what they were going to do. Just hoping her musicality was going to get her through and following what Maks instructed her they were going to do. Maks had been saying, since they first heard they were going to do the Instan-dance, that doing it the way they do it in competition would take away from the enjoyment of the audience. He thought it wouldn't make it pretty with the nice story beginning and end. SO, he decided to choreography heavily a certain portion of the dance and then leave the beginning and ending open so when they heard the music they could add something in to give a bit of story. So, that beginning & end they threw in right after they heard the Katy Perry song last night long after that package piece was taped and solely at Maks' discretion. The little bit they did at the beginning and end totally fit in with those parts of Katy's song if you listen to it. SO, he felt if your going to go after anyone go after me not Brandy. He was already upset at her nitpicking on the waltz and giving then a 9 for Brandy chin being slightly up. So, after that when she went at Brandy he had enough of the nitpicking. Especially since others, like Lacey & Kyle didn't start immediately off either. Anyway I'm Team Maks & Team BranDMC all the way. Poor Maks is sick. He's been coughing in several interviews. Hopefully he rests up some and if they get through tonight gets psyched to wow the judges next week. But, he's very protective of Brandy. SO, if I was Carrie Ann I'd watch out, lol.

mkp
    FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4101060;
    I think Maks is done with this show for now, unless the producers make drastic changes for next season. If he can't win with Brandy, his first winable partner since Mel B, I think he, like a lot of the veteran pros from pre-season 5, won't ever get the mirrorball. It'll stay within the ranks of the Hough/Ballas clan or go to someone who joined after season 6.
    I have been a *huge* Maksim fan since 2006, but I gotta say that he was totally out of line last night. Carrie Ann is a pill, but the shouting match between them was unprofessional. Maks had to make things worse when he and Brandy went to get their scores with Booke - he would just not let it go. He has been irritable and grumpy this entire season, and honestly, does anyone think the producers want him back next season? I don't think so.

I was watching his outburst and thinking that this was the nail in his coffin and this would be Maks last season of DWTS. Maks managed to trash his professional reputation pretty well last night, and I for one am very sad.

I hope Brandy does not suffer for this. Their V. waltz was beyond words - spectacular. Brandy has really grown as a dancer. I actually now enjoy watching her and Maks more than Jen and Derek. Maks is a wonderful choreographer - I've always enjoyed his work. But the darker side of his character has gotten the best of him.

I spilt my votes last night between Brandy and Kyle - who I also adore and believe should be in the finals, along with Brandy and Jennifer.

The judging of course SUCKED as usual. Tea Party votes are going to keep Bristol in this until the end. I think this has to be the worst season of this show ever..seeing the downfall of my beloved Maks is the worst of it.

I totally understand why Max had his outburst(s). Carrie Ann can really be prickly especially when it comes to Max. If my memory serves me correctly, they've had other altercations (although not as loud or long) in past seasons and I think it all came to a head last night.

Yes, Max acted unprofessionaly but so did Carrie Ann when she came back with "Yes, I'm glad to hear you take the blame!" or words to that effect. They both should have held back and maybe discussed the details of their personal opinons when the show was over.

I love Max, think he's a fabulous dancer and, of course, he's really easy on the eyes. I've always felt bad that he's never won the mirror ball trophy and honestly thought this could be his season. Unfortunately, I think he blew it BIG TIME last night and I'm not convinced he'll be asked back next season. It'll be interesting to see if he and Brandy win it all.

Maks is definitely one of the draws every season - it would take a lot more than talking back to CA for them to can him. If he decides to forgo next season, that would be his decision to make.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

I haven't seen the episode, but hearing about the argument and the points, I'd like to give you an analysis of the issue.

Maks most likely will not be fired - he may be told to skip a season, but that is it. He's too popular IMHO to be fired, as there are enough watchers trying to see if he'll win that they'd leave if he's fired.

This week, I do see them being "in danger" this week, but given the circumstances, I HIGHLY DOUBT for the show's sake that they'll be eliminated. (I'm even a bit doubtful it would happen even if they are legitimately the lowest vote getter)

Reason? - because if they are, it will be seen as a retaliation by ABC itself for the fight. Doesn't matter how good/bad dancing it was, it will be seen as retaliation for the arguing.

This will cause people to leave in droves - those here who agree that Maks was within his rights, and that'll cause a drop in viewship, loss of some sponsors and probably the cancellation of the show. ABC knows this is a hot series, and doesn't want that to happen.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Also, watching the current scores, and reading responses about the judging, I think that ABC also knows that this is becoming a common opinion of the whole PUBLIC.

We're sick of the nitpicks of the judges - heck, Len even called out BOTH Bruno and CA regarding Brandy last week for nitpicking her for really no reason (note, he was the only one to give her a 10 for that dance, and we know how hard it is for him to give them), and here she does it again. It'd frustrate me, and I'm very, VERY patient with nitpickers (have to be).

Maks simply put spoke up in defense of Brandy, who is doing a great job. And he was voicing all our opinions.

Now, is it professional? - no, and if this were a pro-contest he'd been thrown out for it and possibly banned. This isn't a professional contest though, it's a reality show, and arguments bring in ratings.

However, you are allowed to defend yourself and protest in front of judges when you strongly disagree with the results.

Not only that, Maks probably by now has been of the notion that no matter how good of a dancer he is, he will always be nitpicked over the likes of the "golden child" therefore will NEVER win, and figures it really doesn't matter what he does, he won't win the mirror ball.

But, he wants his partner to win the honors, and will stand up for their rights - not his - to the trophy.

Brandy deserves this chance, but it's clear to most of us now that they want to just hand over the trophy to Jennifer and Derek, aka, the "come back from catastrophe car wreck and become champion and golden boy who is the first to win three trophies in a row" story.

Right now, the only person standing in between that story is Brandy, so hence the nitpicks, and Maks is calling them out on it.

I personally am hoping that either Bristol (weakest dancer) or Jennifer (who's starting to make me question her injuries), are eliminated.

Carrie Ann was wrong IMO. Kyle didn't start his dance on the very first note of the song. He stood out in the audience and got them clapping so what is the difference?
    "Since no one can ever know for certain whether or not his own view of life is the correct one, it is absolutely impossible for him to know if someone else's is the wrong one." -Gore Vidal

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I was thinking back to last season, during movie theme week, when Jake took time to get his pants on and Chelsie danced around him. Didn't all 3 judges love his dance overall, despite him having to stop mid dance?

In no way do I think this will hurt Maks on the show or outside of it. This is who Maks is. He's always upfront and outspoken in his blogs and in the media, and is always been critical of the judges and not afraid to say so. Nor is he afraid to criticize the show for it's changes, and he even said he talked to the producers about the negative edit he and Brandy were getting. This may hurt Brandy by the undecided voters or those who weren't keen on these two in the first place, and I do think they'll be "in jeopardy" and the fake bottom 2 tonight, so the non-fans can have their glory. I don't think it'll prove any message about talking back to the judges, and this is what you get. Conrad Green encourages it. It's going to be the watercooler talk leading up to next week. Because really, what else is there to say about this season? He's an extremely popular pro, and often requested by the celebs. Erin, Debi, Denise, and I think Brandy all requested him, as did Macy Gray and Kate (and there's probably others). If Brandy gets voted off, it'll prove that a pro can influence the outcome in the negative just like they can in winning a trophy. I think Maks was just fed up with the inconsistancy. CA could have gotten her point across without saying 'Kurt danced better than you'. It doesn't make her look anymore credible when that's the best she can do. Since Maks and Kurt have gotten pretty tight, I'm sure he figured that was an insult on both their parts, and an insult that Kurt got the same total as Bristol.

Nor do I think this will hurt Maks outside the show. CA isn't a professional ballroom pro, he is. It's a dance contest on TV where strict ballroom rules aren't applied. I remember when CA was going to judge an actual ballroom competition, and there was a big stink about it because she isn't a ballroom whiz. Watch any dance with Bristol, then with Audrina and Brandy, and see the difference in critiques. Watch a dance with Jennifer/Derek where it might have taken them time to get going, or they were messing about, and see the reaction. Nicole's non quick step got a 9 from Bruno, while it got a 6 from Len. CA and Bruno look for any minor flaw in the contenders, except the ones they like. She didn't like her neck during her waltz? I just think that's stretching to find something to critique on that makes it seem like she's know what she's talking about. So Maks called her out. His whole point is Brandy works her tail off all week, and then gets criticized for giving it her all, and gets 1 point above a girl who barely danced.

ETA: For kicks, I'd like to see Brandy's cha cha I'm guessing it'll be Jennifer's rumba that Derek mainly danced but still got 30s for, or Kyle's jive.
    Last edited by karalott; 11-09-2010 at 03:04 PM.

And that dance got Jake an Encore - wonder who will encore tonight - I'd love to see Kyle's Jive.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

kara, check out Maks' Access Hollywood video from last night. Maybe you can be hopeful for his return!

+ Reply to Thread