+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 51 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: Brandy & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 11

FORT Fan

Re: Brandy & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 11

That blog by Maks made me kind of sad. Obviously, for him, it's not just about winning the tacky mirror-ball trophy. We have always know that it was a matter of professional pride for Maks. Now we can just as clearly see that it is more than that. It is imperative for him to do well, and be portrayed as a skilled professional and teacher in order to also do well with his dance schools and as avenues for other income streams.

He is basically supporting an extended family in a couple of countries. He HAS to keep working. He HAS to do well. He HAS to protect his image as a professional and a teacher.

This makes me angrier than ever that the producers pick and choose what moments from practices, confessionals, et al that they put out there to milk for "drama and trauma". They aren't just pulling in ratings, or whatever - they are messing with the livlihood of these professional dancers/teachers.

Quote Originally Posted by TiaMaria62;4100426;
    That blog by Maks made me kind of sad. Obviously, for him, it's not just about winning the tacky mirror-ball trophy. We have always know that it was a matter of professional pride for Maks. Now we can just as clearly see that it is more than that. It is imperative for him to do well, and be portrayed as a skilled professional and teacher in order to also do well with his dance schools and as avenues for other income streams.

He is basically supporting an extended family in a couple of countries. He HAS to keep working. He HAS to do well. He HAS to protect his image as a professional and a teacher.

This makes me angrier than ever that the producers pick and choose what moments from practices, confessionals, et al that they put out there to milk for "drama and trauma". They aren't just pulling in ratings, or whatever - they are messing with the livlihood of these professional dancers/teachers.
    I LOVE this post That's why I struggled majorly with Maks' edit during weeks two and three. Part of me wondered if Maks let on to the show that he'd be taking a sabbatical after this season, if not permanently, and they kinda stuck it to him. Wrong on every level.

Many people are against Brandy and Maks' winning the MBT, so I'm finally at the point that all of my votes go to them. Maybe a little bit of power-voting tonight (I hate that I get sucked into the voting; part of me thinks it doesn't matter).

mkp
    FORT Newbie

Thanks to the person that posted Maks' TV Guide blog. He does sound totally tired and fed up this season, but his devotion to Brandy is keeping him going. It's been a rough season for him, personally and professionally.

I would not be surprised if he takes the next season of DWTS off. I do agree that the show will go on with or without Maks. He has been by far the most popular pro on the show, but if he leaves, DWTS will survive. I still remember the one season he did take off, and I enjoyed the show almost as much.

I think being a public figure will mean great success for his business ventures, and perhaps he feels he cannot leave the show just yet, or maybe he is hoping Val can take over for him, and keep the Chmerkovskiy name out there. Time will tell. But this guy needs a break!

I am also hoping he will get married in the not to distant future. There are rumours going around that he has a new girlfriend.

http://www.ineedmyfix.com/2010/10/28...lmurry-photos/

And BTW - Karina and Brad Penny are ENGAGED!!! Can you believe it???

Karina Smirnoff and Brad Penny Engaged | Ology

Can you imagine Brand Penny is the guy she wanted instead of Maksim?? Amazing.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by TiaMaria62;4100426;

I remember last season, when the Kate/Tony blow up happened and Kate was telling Tony he wasn't qualified to teach her. It may be a silly dance show that isn't a real ballroom competition to us, where the prize is a possible career jump start and tacky trophy that falls apart after a year. But I think to the pros, especially since ballroom dancing wasn't a big thing in the US to begin with, is a way to show their world and how to do it right. I think that's why we see some of them sticking to the traditional aspects of it, rather than giving in to what the show wants, and that's a crowd pleasing performance, even if it's not a traditional dance, and full of gimmicks and theatrics. Maks said a few seasons back he wouldn't let the show lose focus on what it started off being, even though some behind the scenes wanted to change it up. I can understand his frustration, especially since viewers take it literal. Apparently some Mark fans took issue with a remark he made in his blog or elsewhere about Bristol and twisted it around that he wanted her gone. I don't recall him ever saying that, but I know he's often getting blasted online by fans of other pros and people who just dislike him. I may have my least favorites on this show, but glad to know I have more of a life than to attack them.

I would hate to see this show be left with pros in the Derek/Mark/Lacey category. I can't stand Mark or Lacey, and Derek I'm just tired of. He's a fabulous dancer and choreography, but I don't always care for his style and route his goes. I appreciate this season he's going more for the basic dancing than throwing in a lot of gimmicks this season and hamming it up after the dances.

Many people are against Brandy and Maks' winning the MBT, so I'm finally at the point that all of my votes go to them. Maybe a little bit of power-voting tonight (I hate that I get sucked into the voting; part of me thinks it doesn't matter).

I know many people on the internet are alluding that her car crash was due to drunk driving, Brandy wasn't drunk and the accident wasn't even her fault. There's a whole facebook page against her. All this hate on Brandy started as soon as she started being on top of the leader board, I think all this hate is only going to cause people to vote for Brandy and Maks because it's really quite childish and petty, and it makes the people doing it look sad and desperate.

Don't for get to VOTE for Brandy and Maks 1-800-868-3406

Tony got slammed last season by Derek fans for pledging his support to Erin/Maks. The comments he got were 'I thought you said Derek was like your own child' and 'shouldn't it be about the best dancer winning' (he claimed in an interview he was sent worse in private). People have too much time on their hands. They really need to get a life. It's why I'm so over Derek. I know it's not his fault, or Mark's, or any pros how the show treats them or how their fans act. But it'd be nice for them to realize one pro isn't the be all that ends all with this show.

We should all just be happy and focus on the positive of the show It's getting harder to do that with each passing season.
    Last edited by karalott; 11-08-2010 at 07:01 PM.

I'm a little worried for them tonight but I think I'm just being paranoid. I fear that because he spoke out against the theme tonight and how it could be difficult that they will judge him with a harsher eye. I will put a few in for them if need be but will support Kurt most who often gets a rough deal. I fully expect he and Anna to be raked over the coals tonight.

I'm not as worried for them this week, and certainly not because Maks called this week out as being absurd (I think he's right and I know I'm not alone). I feel Brandy is destined for the finals and, if they want to drag her through the mud at any point to have a different outcome, that's when they'll do it. Kurt I worry about, especially if he has a bigger than expected fanbase. They may try to lowball his scores to counter that. I think he or Bristol will be their target this week, unless they want/expect Bristol in the finals, then they'll target Kyle.

I think Brandy will have a good week, and may get her first perfect score. Has anyone gotten one yet?

Quote Originally Posted by ChelsieFan;4100726;
    I'm a little worried for them tonight but I think I'm just being paranoid. I fear that because he spoke out against the theme tonight and how it could be difficult that they will judge him with a harsher eye. I will put a few in for them if need be but will support Kurt most who often gets a rough deal. I fully expect he and Anna to be raked over the coals tonight.
    I might need you to return the Audrina favor this week, and pitch some votes to Maks and Brandy for us. We'll see after the debacle that could be this show I hope to see you and kara in the live chat. I'm gonna see if I that live feed works; if not, I'll rely on you ladies for the skinny

I anticipate that Brandy and Jennifer will have the easiest time with the Insta-Dance since they're musically inclined. We'll see

I didn't agree with Maks cutting off CA/talking over her, but believe his point is valid. Jennifer really deserved a 30 for her rumba? Bristol deserved 2 8s for her samba? Brandy deserved her cha cha to be compared to Kurt's (and here I thought it would be the other way around). The judges aren't consistant, and because Bristol is still there, it's become more obvious how flawed the voting system is. I've seen it discussed at greater lengths here and elsewhere than any other season. I don't believe America voting is the flaw. Anyway, I think Maks had a valid point, and I'm sure if/when Brandy loses or is voted out, people will blame him, but maybe that was his whole point.

This has given the show the door to take these two down off the top spot and start painting them in a negative light again. I worry, win or lose, Brandy's going to pass out in the finale, if she makes it that far. I will say I'm as tired about hearing how she wants it more than anyone, deserves to be there, is destined for the finals (or whatever) as I am about Jennifer's injuries. I think that's designed to be more of a turnoff, however.

I think Maks is done with this show for now, unless the producers make drastic changes for next season. If he can't win with Brandy, his first winable partner since Mel B, I think he, like a lot of the veteran pros from pre-season 5, won't ever get the mirrorball. It'll stay within the ranks of the Hough/Ballas clan or go to someone who joined after season 6.

+ Reply to Thread