+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Brandy & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 11

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Brandy & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 11

These two did wonderful tonight and can't wait to see how Brandy does with her jive. If she pulls that off, she's going to put herself ahead of the pack. I loved her enthusiasm at scoring 8s, and the way she handled her critiques. And I especially loved Maks's intro. Guess Erin really did remove every layer of bad boy he had left Especially loved when he wrinkled his face up after saying he was going to try and be a good boy.

I split my votes with these two and Kurt/Anna, who I also think got screwed, just like Audrina, for going so early.

I'm happy they did so well! I know some think "ringer" whenever they see a young singer but she has never been one that did more than basic choreography in her videos and live performances. She came up in that era with Aaliyah (who I would have loved to have seen do this show but who would have certainly gotten the ringer tag), Monica, etc. and she was always one of those young singers who simply sang more than "moved". I was a little worried that she might come off as giving a little 'tude (don't know why -I think I probably read somewhere in the past her co-stars found her difficult on "Moesha") but people grow up. She wanted to do so well and tried so hard you had to like that. Then to watch her reaction was very nice. Glad to see it looks like she will be around for a while.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Well, I for one, love Maksim's bad boyish-ness. That's his appeal for me, so I hope he doesn't become too much of a good boy--good boys bore the hell out of me...lol. Like the pairing with Brandy and think these two will do well.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

I was on the fence about Brandy before last night-she's always seemed to have an attitude. But I must admit, last night she was warm and completely likable. As of right now, she's one of my three faves, along w/ Kurt & Audrina.

FORT Fogey

Maks seemed uncomfortable through the whole thing, especialy when they faced the judges, and when their scores were being announced. He seemed to be disinterested and distracted. I wonder why.

I think he seemed really annoyed that they didnt offer him any praises or congratulations. All of the judges seemed enamored with Brandy, but didnt offer him any credit for helping her.

I thought Brandy had the hands down best performance last night, and I usually find the waltz boring.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by kellyh;4065876;
    I think he seemed really annoyed that they didnt offer him any praises or congratulations. All of the judges seemed enamored with Brandy, but didnt offer him any credit for helping her.
    What a diva! (Maks, not Brandy)

Seriously, pros are there to do a job. Their job is to make their celebrity look as good as possible according to their ability. The pros are handsomely paid and their egos are not on the line in the same way that their celebrities' are.

I'm so over Maks. The first few times I saw him I thought "Hawt!" No more. He seems like a whiny, entitlest, impatient little brat to me now. He's probably sulking because Brandy is not giving him the same kind of flirtatious attention he got from Erin. Grow up, Maks! The judges already know YOU can dance--they are there to critique the amateur. If they say nothing to you, it's because you were fine.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Columbia, MD;4065765;
    Maks seemed uncomfortable through the whole thing, especialy when they faced the judges, and when their scores were being announced. He seemed to be disinterested and distracted. I wonder why.
    I thought the same thing. He wasn't the only pro I thought that of last night, either (Anna was another one). Some of the pros seemed detached last night. I read Karina's boyfriend was in the audience, so maybe he caught sight of him and it became awkward? Could be CA's comments, too, that he disagreed with.

Well, I for one, love Maksim's bad boyish-ness. That's his appeal for me, so I hope he doesn't become too much of a good boy--good boys bore the hell out of me...lol. Like the pairing with Brandy and think these two will do well.
    I doubt Maks will ever stop being the bad boy completely But his intro was still cute.

Seriously, pros are there to do a job. Their job is to make their celebrity look as good as possible according to their ability. The pros are handsomely paid and their egos are not on the line in the same way that their celebrities' are.
    Actually, in comparision to the celebs, the pros get paid peanuts.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4065927;
    I thought the same thing. He wasn't the only pro I thought that of last night, either (Anna was another one). Some of the pros seemed detached last night. I read Karina's boyfriend was in the audience, so maybe he caught sight of him and it became awkward? Could be CA's comments, too, that he disagreed with.
    After last season, esp. for pros like Maks, Anna, even Louie, who were all rather close to their partners, and all of whom regularly commented on the close-bond with the cast, I think that they're adjusting. Yes, Maks did seem more stand-offish, but I wouldn't say it's his ego: I think it's a mixture of opening night, knowing he has a shot to win with Brandy, Karina, Karina's boyfriend, and whatever other factor. No, he's not as giddy as he was with Erin.

I also saw an interview in which Maks stated that, two weeks ago, he felt like he'd just finished season 10 even though he was starting season 11. He had quite the world-wind off-season. I imagine that he was tired, and that he's wondering how he'll make it 10 weeks (if he and Brandy make it to the end).

I really wonder if the producers finally decided to make this season Maks' win. I also think that his choreography was much more nuanced last night than with Erin. Bravo!

I just hope that they stick with dancing their butts off. No showmance. Just dance.

P.S. It's good to be back in the DWTS thread! Yay! Hi, Kara

+ Reply to Thread