+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 51 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Brandy & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 11

Re: Brandy & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 11

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;4091073;
    Jennifer's nerves seem to be coming in to play. I believe that up to this week, it has been hers to win or lose; however, I think you are correct in that Brandy is steadily gaining strength.
    Jennifer still appears to be getting the larger popular vote, but if she can't get back on track, the judges's score will begin to take its toll. At some point, Jennifer will lose the edge, and Brandy will go into the overall lead.
    Another possible winning strategy for Brandy and Maks would be for Maks to wear skin tight pants for all their subsequent dances. Yowza, I think that may get them more votes than anything else will!!

Knowing this show as I do I think they will start to ding Brandy in a week or two. It won't be anything drastic or a score of 20 but it will lower some and Grey will rise up again as season goes on. I think they want fans to think it is anyone's trophy to lose but it really isn't. Judges already have their faves and judges often get their way in the end. Pretty clear they want Rick in finale as male candidate even though Audrina has been better to date. They build up Rick most of the men and none of them are great. CA and Bruno would rather drool than vote on actual dancing.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I still think Jennifer has a lock on the trophy.

But I'm thrilled Brandy/Maks have had 2 good weeks running, and that last night Brandy admitted she, not Maks, might be her own worst enemy. The look on her face had me worried she was going to pass out. But she wants this bad. I've rarely seen a more desperate, determined look. They gave the best performance, hands down, on what was otherwise a boring, forgettable evening.

And Maks needs to wear leather pants more often

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4091252;
    I still think Jennifer has a lock on the trophy.

But I'm thrilled Brandy/Maks have had 2 good weeks running, and that last night Brandy admitted she, not Maks, might be her own worst enemy. The look on her face had me worried she was going to pass out. But she wants this bad. I've rarely seen a more desperate, determined look. They gave the best performance, hands down, on what was otherwise a boring, forgettable evening.

And Maks needs to wear leather pants more often
    OMG he was hotter than hot in those pants last night.
    Friends are those rare people who ask how you are and then wait for the answer. ~Author Unknown

FORT Newbie

Per Rick Fox's tweets it looks like Rick, Bristol and Kyle are on the same team for next week's team dance. Which means Brandy, Jennifer and Kurt are the other team.

mkp
    FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by live4romance;4091262;
    OMG he was hotter than hot in those pants last night.
    YES, YES, YES!! Really, I think that outfit was the best thing I've ever seen him in!

I hope Maks and Brandy win this year, these two are my faves, I like Jenifer Gray to, but I'm a huge Maks fan and he's never won(he got robbed with Mel C). If you guys want Brandy to win please don't forget to VOTE!!!1-800-868-3406. If Bristol wins this year I am done with the show, If Jenifer wins I'll be upset but I'll be fine because at least she can dance, but if someone like Kyle (and l love the kid) or Bristol wins then I'm done, what the point?

Maks will be appearing on Celebrity Ghost Stories tomorrow night at 9 pm on Bio. His story revolves around his sledding accident that left him almost crippled, and help he received from someone only he saw.

Dancing's Maks: Brandy Rose to the Pressure - Celebrity Blogs | TVGuide.com

Maks's blog for the week. He says they have Gilles's foxtrot, however not the exact same choreography step by step just the same song. Which is a good thing. Gilles is obviously their guest judge, but I'm guessing all the GJ will be going easy on them and flashing out 10s.

This whole week reeks of worse manipulation. Someone can possibly get an individual score of 40, while the bottom person can be 20 points behind. Per another article, they're combining both dance scores to determine the losing side of the team dances, and who's up for elimination. I'm rooting for Team Apolo, but even if they do come out on top, I don't care to see a big celebration from them (which I think is more likely to come from Team Kristi anyway). I don't know who the producers want gone, Bristol or Kurt, but I'm thinking this will be the first season Derek loses his team dance. Team Kristi has the 3 worst dancers but biggest judges favorites on it, and if a guest judge has the ability to throw a paddle in, the other 3 can get tough and still get the outcome they want.
    Last edited by karalott; 10-30-2010 at 06:40 PM.

The whole concept of this upcoming week seems so flawed.
    I hate to say that there is judges manipulation of results, but this has the potential to be a blatant example of that.
    I didn't care about the "ranking" scores in the finale last season because I got tired of 30's being thrown at pretty much everyone at that point of the season. It made sense to me to have the pairs fight for the scores, plus I think they were scored appropriately.
    The team dance has always bothered me because there's usually still one "dud" left in the competition at that point and whichever team gets them is at an unfair disadvantage.
    I just don't know what to make of what they're doing with the scoring next week.
    I guess I need to see it in action.
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread